Scientist looks for Jesus' body in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This supports the Ahmedis claim that Jesus lived in India.

Srinagar,India March 11

An American researcher who believes she has found the final resting place of Jesus Christ is campaigning to exhume a body at a Muslim shrine in Indian Kashmir for scientific tests.

Suzanne Marie Olsson, a New York-based researcher is currently in Srinagar capital of India state of Jammu Kashmir, studying the Muslim shrine of Rozabal.

While Muslims say Rozabal houses the tomb of Yuza Asaf, a Muslim saint, many researchers believe it contains the body of Jesus Christ.

To put an end to speculation Olsson has suggested exhuming the remains at Rozabal for DNA testing and carbon dating.

"This will trace him (the saint) to his origin ... and resolve the raging controversy over the identity of the place forever," she told the Sunday edition of Kashmir's leading daily, the Greater Kashmir.

Olsson has already dug up a shrine at the Murree hill station in Pakistan under the supervision of archaeologists Ahmad Hassan Dani and Saida Rahman.

Muree is believed to be the resting place of Jesus' mother, Mary (Marium). "The exhumed remains have been sent for the DNA testing and the report is awaited," she told the newspaper.

"Now Rozabal holds the key. If the remains there are sent for testing and then tallied with the results of the Murree project, it will either establish the link between the two shrines as being of similar origin and thus authenticate the Marium-Jesus theory or prove it wrong for good."

However, her project has run into trouble with the managers of the Rozabal shrine, who are strongly opposed to its "desecration".

"We will never allow it," said Mohammed Amin, one of the managers. But Olsson, stressing the "purely scientific nature of her work" and her identity as a "seeker of truth", is pleading to be allowed to "verify the origin and identity of the saint" to put to rest wild speculation.

She has even written to Jammu-Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah for help. Olsson also believes Moses is buried in Bandipore in north Kashmir, the Islamic prophet Haroun at Harwan, on the outskirts of Srinagar, and Solomon at Takht-i-Suliaman in Srinagar.

"You have more Christian holy sites than even Egypt or Israel," she said in her appeal to the chief minister.

Olsson says she wants to unravel the truth about the shrines so that Kashmir, ravaged by a decade-long insurgency that has claimed 35,000 lives, can become a pilgrimage centre for Christians and Muslims.

I read this article yesrterday and was amazed, if it turns up positve, although i doubt it will, it will really have a strange effect on the region.

Comment

I say let them do their DNA test! The truth will come out ... :~)
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Where is Mohammad buried?

Comment

Originally posted by TOMASSO:
          Where is Mohammad buried?
          I think u mean Muhammad(pbuh)

Comment

i dont think he will find anything there....
            according to ISLAM, CHRISTIANS and JEWS, Jesus (pbuh) has not DIED but his body was raised to the heavens....
            so u r searching for something that doesnt exist....

Muslims, Christians willsee this as a big hype and even if someone went to that place, he wud stop going there....
            ofcourse u do have some ignorant ppl who might buy this sort of crap....

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
              according to ISLAM, CHRISTIANS and JEWS, Jesus (pbuh) has not DIED but his body was raised to the heavens....
              That's not true actually.

The Jews believe that Jesus (as) was an imposter (Naozobillah) and so he died on the cross.

The Christians believe he was the true Messiah/son of God & so he died on the cross for the sins of the whole humanity! Then was brought back to life after 3 days & ascended up in heaven!

The Muslims believe he wasn't put to cross in the first place. Instead Allah transformed a Roman soldier into Jesus(as) body and he was put to cross, while Jesus (as) ascended to heaven.

Big difference brother!

Do you want to know what the Ahmadies believe happened to Jesus (as)?

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited March 12, 2002).]
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Armughal- I suggest you know what you are talking about before u say anything.
                Just because someone is raised to the heaven, that doesnt literally mean that they are there in the sky in body!
                Even if they do construct a DNA test, it might not be of much use because they have noithing to compare the results to. How can they prove that it was actually Jesus(as)?

Comment

>>The Jews believe that Jesus (as) was an imposter (Naozobillah) and so he died on the cross.

The Christians believe he was the true Messiah/son of God & so he died on the cross for the sins of the whole humanity! Then was brought back to life after 3 days & ascended up in heaven!

The Muslims believe he wasn't put to cross in the first place. Instead Allah transformed a Roman soldier into Jesus(as) body and he was put to cross, while Jesus (as) ascended to heaven.
                  <<

Well, superstitious beliefs are not limited to Hinduism.

Apparently there is not much insistence on Jesu's message in all this!!

Comment

Originally posted by 'The PAKI PRINCESS':
                    Armughal- I suggest you know what you are talking about before u say anything.
                    Just because someone is raised to the heaven, that doesnt literally mean that they are there in the sky in body!
                    Even if they do construct a DNA test, it might not be of much use because they have noithing to compare the results to. How can they prove that it was actually Jesus(as)?
                    actually it is very good point.
                    DNA will not have a written word/signature saying "This body belongs to Jesus". They'll need to have DNA of other family members at least to compare and claim if it were Jesus (AH).

------------------
                    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Not possible that it is Jesus (pbuh).

Neither knowing the true identity of the body.

Has anyone seen "The Body" (starring Antonio Banderas)?

Durango what is the story source?

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                        [B
                        <<

Well, superstitious beliefs are not limited to Hinduism.

Apparently there is not much insistence on Jesu's message in all this!![/B]

Muslims dont beleive that the body of a roman soldier was transformed. Only that the romans put another fella on the cross instead of Jesus.

Comment

Where is Muhammad buried?

Comment

>>Muslims dont beleive that the body of a roman soldier was transformed. Only that the romans put another fella on the cross instead of Jesus.<<

Don't Muslims believe Prophet Mohammed ascended to heaven in body via Al-Aqsa Mosque of something?

Don't they believe in Adam, which means they believe all humanity sprang from one man and a woman made out of his thigh bone?

That really means all Humanity is born out of incest by the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by TOMASSO:
                              Where is Muhammad buried?

Muhammad's (pbuh) resting place is in Medina, Saudia Arabia.

Comment

Working...
                              X