Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Marry Your Adopted SOn's Wife in Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean if she wants you to!!
    Is it allowed?

Genetically, it shouldn't matter, but God (and His messengers) know best!

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited March 20, 2002).]

Comment

Yes Andhra bhai. Yes you can. Yes the Prophet SAW did so. Yes you continue to be petty.

Comment

>>Yes Andhra bhai. Yes you can. Yes the Prophet SAW did so. Yes you continue to be petty.<<

Akif, man my methods are getting obvious on this forum.

Well, as a Muslim do you find it acceptable?

By the Way don't call ME petty. I am not the one who married my ex daughter-in-law!!!

Comment

Quran 33:4-5
          4) Allah has not made for any man two hearts in his (one) body: nor has He made your wives whom ye divorce by Zihar your mothers: nor has He made your adopted sons your sons. Such is (only) your (manner of) speech by your mouths. But Allah tells (you) the Truth and He shows the (right) Way.
          5) Call them (the adopted children) by (the names) of their fathers: that is juster in the sight of Allah but if ye know not their father's (names call them) your Brothers in faith or your Maulas. But there is no blame on you if ye make a mistake therein: (what counts is) the intention of your hearts: and Allah is Oft-Returning Most Merciful.

yes marrying the women divorced or widowed by your adopted children is allowed....
          and the reason as obvious in the above verses is THEY R NOT REALLY UR CHILDREN BUT JUST SO-CALLED children....

like if u wud call (as common in india and pakistan) ur cousin as ur sister and then later u get married, it doesnt mean u have married ur sister....

marrying an ex-dauther-in-law is NOT ALLOWED in Islam....

------------------
          "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

armughal you said

"marrying an ex-dauther-in-law is NOT ALLOWED in Islam...."

But Akif here is saying..

"Yes Andhra bhai. Yes you can. Yes the Prophet SAW did so. Yes you continue to be petty."

since both of you are Muslims, please decide among yourselves and tell me.
            Me, I am just a curious Brahmin!!
            Edcuate me!!!

By the way armughal for your information, Prophet Mohammed did marry his daughter-in-law after his adopted son divorced her.

Here is what your Koran has to say about this.

'The Confederate Tribes' 33:36 - 33:40
            "And when Zeid divorced his wife, We gave her to you in marriage, so that it should become legitimate for Trur believers to wed the wives of their adopted sons if they divorced them"

This my dear armughal is YOUR religion.
            When you pass comments about my intentions next time, please remember one thing. I DID NOT invent any of this!!

Comment

Andhra, if I give you the reasoning, would you accept my word for it?!

Just wanted to clarify that before I waste some of my time.
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

sheesh!

Read the full post. When armughal said, "marrying an ex-dauther-in-law is NOT ALLOWED in Islam...." he means the wife of your adpoted son is not your daughter-in-law.

And why do you ask questions of which you know the answers? It is not like you are asking questions to learn about Islam.

"A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Andhra, u seem so bitter about Islam, the religion of peace and love, the religion of Propher Muhammad PBUH. Why are you so mistrusting? Better to leave the forum than
                  pick out quirks in our religion. Hinduism from what I know of it, is very demeaning and caste-conscious religion...it's very old-fashioned and may fit the uneducated masses who still to this day, year 2002, practice it by worshiping idols, worshiping money and cows, and treating women like **** for heaven's sake!!! Now you tell me, where in the world is the logic in THAT?

Comment

Ahmedjee,
                    Assalam Alaikum
                    Let me oblige you with a few more winkies

You said
                    >>Andhra, if I give you the reasoning, would you accept my word for it?!
                    Just wanted to clarify that before I waste some of my time.<<

I will accept ANY reason EXCEPT LUST for marrying your adopted son's divorced wife.

I am willing to have an open mind in this regard.
                    Especially considering that you are an Ahmadi !! . I like minority Muaslim sctes

moona, don't drag Hinduism into this. You are welcome to glorify or trash Hinduism as much as you like. We don't believe ion Fatwas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                      armughal you said

"marrying an ex-dauther-in-law is NOT ALLOWED in Islam...."

But Akif here is saying..

"Yes Andhra bhai. Yes you can. Yes the Prophet SAW did so. Yes you continue to be petty."
                      Do you see the difference between son and adopted son?
                      Consequently, do you see the difference between wife of son and wife of adopted son?

Comment

Muhammad(pbuh) had NO SON....
                        all his sons died as infants....
                        dont u even read history ????

i thought u had some knowledge but u proved to be a complete idiot

------------------
                        "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                          I will accept ANY reason EXCEPT LUST for marrying your adopted son's divorced wife.
                          You have made up your mind. Nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

BTW, you did not answer me. Why do you ask questions of which you know the answers? It is not like you are asking questions to learn about Islam.

"A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

>>Muhammad(pbuh) had NO SON....
                            all his sons died as infants....
                            dont u even read history ????<<

armughal I do read history. It seems to be you can't even read the posts in a thread you are participating in.!!

I asked is it OK to marry the ex-wife of an 'Adopted' Son!!

I know Mohammed had no male issue.

Akif, what's the big deal between son and adopted son? If you are not willing to treat somebody as son, why adopt him as a son?
                            Did Mohammed adopt this guy without any intention of treating him as a son?

aishAA
                            >>You have made up your mind. Nothing is going to convince you otherwise. <<

No I have not. I just said LUST is not an acceptable motive for marrying your adopted son's divorced wife, who in all cultures is looked upon as a daughter of the house.

>>BTW, you did not answer me. Why do you ask questions of which you know the answers? It is not like you are asking questions to learn about Islam.<<

I ask questions because

1.I want to know the answers.
                            2.It amuses me to people doing all kinds of somersaults trying to defend the indefensible and trying to drag Hinduism into discussing Islam at some point.

Since you asked that question, go through all my threads and see how many straight answers to the point I get!!

Comment

Andra, u need to chill out and stop dissin Islam!
                              Why dont you try questioning ur own religion for once, godknows that there are many questions hindus need to ask themselves!

Comment

Working...
                              X