Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Widows of good character allowed to Remarry in Islam without Exceptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Widows of good character allowed to Remarry in Islam without Exceptions?

Now, whenever somebody points out the treatment of Women under Islam, devout Guppies point out in return that Islam provides several rights to Women.
    Especially they want you to consider what kind of society pagan Arabs had and how Islam was a revolution and all that.
    May be true.
    My question for the day is this.

Is it allowed in Islam for widows to remarry?
    Are there any exceptions?

all religens except hinduism alows remarriage. but things are changing now
    in india where divorces and remarriages are
    increasing.

Comment

rvikz I am not talking Hinduism here.

Comment

yes! it is allowed
        But spit out your motive behind the post
        You knew the answer, its some thing else you looking for ai'nt you
        Take it easy.

Comment

Read the post agani and answer the question.

>>Are There Any Exceptions?<<<

Are there any exceptions to Widows marrying again?

Comment

no exceptions....
            all widows r allowed to marry....
            only the widows of the Prophet (pbuh) were not allowed to remarry.... (was this what u were searching for??)

ofcourse they have to wait for a period called "iddat"....
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:

only the widows of the Prophet (pbuh) were not allowed to remarry.... (was this what u were searching for??)
              armughal, you gave Andhra the answer he was looking for.

Now wait for his mirchi post with --> and -->
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Why the Exception? If I understand correctly the Prophet started by marrying a widow himself.
                SO why can't HIS widows marry in turn?
                What is 'iddat'?
                Also I saw the verse in Koran telling people not to marry Prophet's widows!!!

Since all humanity is equal ewhy this exception?

DOn't Prophet's wives have civil rights?

Comment

Quran 33:53
                  O ye who Believe! enter not the Prophet's houses until leave is given you for a meal (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation: but when ye are invited enter; and when ye have taken your meal disperse without seeking familiar talk. Such (behavior) annoys the Prophet: He is ashamed to dismiss you but Allah is not ashamed (to tell you) the truth. And when ye ask (his ladies) for anything ye want ask them from before a screen: that makes for greater purity for your hearts and for theirs. Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah's Apostle or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah's sight an enormity.

Yousif Ali (who translated the Quran to English) adds the following comments with the translation:
                  The actual manner of showing respect to ladies may be different in different circumstances. But it is an essential principle of good society to show the greatest deference to them. To the "Mothers of the Believers" this respect was due in an exceptional degree.

Considering his position, the holy Prophet deserved to be respected before all other men and nothing should be done to cause him the least harm and annoyance. This applied not only during his life-time, but it applies now, because his teaching and personality are alive to us. It was not fitting that his widows, both for their own position and for the position of the Prophet, should be married by other men after him. And this mark of respect was duly observed in history.

"Annoy": Aza may equally mean: to vex, to cause hurt or injury, to insult, to ill-treat by slander or unseemly conduct, or hurt the feelings of (some one). The Prophet came with a divine mission to teach and reclaim the world, and he is entitied to the respect of all, even of those who do not consciously acknowledge his mission, for his mission works constantly like the forces of nature. In a minor degree the "Mothers of the Believers" are also entitied to respect.

let us not forget that Muhammad (pbuh) was a Prophet....
                  and its just natural that he gets some extra rights....
                  even the Admin on gupshup has some extra privileges, the moderators have theirs, the owner has his own....
                  its common in all systems....

so whats the big deal

------------------
                  "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Good!!
                    Now you are talking armughal!!
                    So,

1.Islam teaches all Human beings are equal.

2.Prophet Mohammed INSISTED that he is no SOn Of GOd but a human who was blessed to be a messenger.

3.The Koran, God's word was revealed to him alone.

4.And GOd's word was telling his followers not to marry the wives of Prophet after he passes away.

5.The Prophet himself seems to be above all this, in that he was allowed, again by Koran to marry more than 4 wives, marry his adopted son's divoreced wife.

Oh, did I mention that Islam treats all Humans as Equal ?

Comment

Here u go Andhra..

[al-Ahzab 33:6] The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers....

PakistaniAbroad: That establishes the relationship of the Prophet's wives to the rest of the generation.

The Prophet had a special provision from God

[al-Ahzab 33:50] O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom God has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

PakistaniAbroad: Here's the reason for allowing these marriages.

[al-Ahzab 33:37] Behold! Thou didst say to one who had received the grace of God and thy favour: "Retain thou (in wedlock) thy wife, and fear God." But thou didst hide in thy heart that which God was about to make manifest: thou didst fear the people, but it is more fitting that thou shouldst fear God. Then when Zaid had dissolved (his marriage) with her, with the necessary (formality), We joined her in marriage to thee: in order that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the Believers in (the matter of) marriage with the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have dissolved with the necessary (formality) (their marriage) with them. And God's command must be fulfilled.

PakistaniAbroad: Capice Andhra??

------------------
                      There is No Spoon
                      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Once again, Andhra, you are raising questions that you don't want answers to. Does this attitude befit a brahman?

Yes, all humans are created equal. Some are better than others because of their deeds. Yes, such people are honored by God above others.

"A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

>>Once again, Andhra, you are raising questions that you don't want answers to. Does this attitude befit a brahman?<<

Why I am getting the answers I am after.
                          Bottomline is Wives of Prophets are different and can't remarry right?

Comment

yeaha, prophet's wives did'nt remarry.

you got any problem with that????

Comment

Working...
                            X