More than 99??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than 99??

I've read a few places that there are more than 99 names of Allah. I'm strictly speaking of the Islamic aspect of it and not any other faith. Anyone who has some info on this care to shed some light on other names of Allah.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Pray OR v tt T FRgv M, Ak Y T FRgv M Ol Hope To Th Hv.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Those 99 names of Allah that we hear/read are the ones which have been used in Quran at different places. Its just that someone compiled all those qualities/names at one place. There might be a chance that there are some more, but not that i am aware of...
    wa'AllahoA'alam!

Comment

Allah has many more names, not just 99. It is true it can be found in hadeeth literature that Allah has 99 names, but then there's also a hadeeth that says that there is no person who is distressed and reads the following dua, but that his distress will be removed and will be replaced with happiness:

"......................I ask of You by every name You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or taught to any of Your creation, or kept in the Hidden Knowledge ('Ilm al-Ghaib) with You, that You make the Qur'an the spring of my heart............................"

There are many names of Allah. There are lists of the 99 names of Allah - while most of the names may be common, some of the names may be present in one list, while absent in the other list.

For example, One of Allah's names, Al-Qareeb (The Near) may be found in one list, while not in the other. But names like, Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem will be found in almost every list.

P.S - Coconut - Cut down on your criticism of the Muslim Ummah.

[This message has been edited by Indian_Muslim (edited March 20, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Indian_Muslim:
        P.S - Coconut - Cut down on your criticism of the Muslim Ummah.
        Where did that come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
          Where did that come from?
          I'll answer that accusation for ya . . .
          http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/004609.html

[This message has been edited by CocoNut (edited March 20, 2002).]

Comment

And this is what I had to say:
            http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/004628.html
            ------------------
            Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

[This message has been edited by CocoNut (edited March 20, 2002).]

Comment

Indian Muslim: can you bring up the other list pertaining to the names of Allah?

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X