Killing Converts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing Converts

Where in the Holy Quran does it tell (or imply) a Muslim to kill converts from Islam?

No Quran actually teaches the opposite - freedom of religion!
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Why do people tell me the opposite? Are you sure there is no allowance for killing a convert from Islam?

Comment

I am not sure, but I guess at that times Munafiks were sentenced to death.
        In quran or hadeeas I have never read it , i think mullahas just made it up.

Comment

A Muslim does not have any authority to kill an apostate, it is the true Islamic State which is authorized to execute an apostate. There are several conditions apply. An apostate is considered a traitor under Islamic Law under special circumstances.

[This message has been edited by Musalman (edited March 19, 2002).]

Comment

Quran 4:92-96

92) Never should a believer kill a believer; but (if it so happens) by mistake (compensation is due): if one (so) kills a believer it is ordained that he should free a believing slave and pay compensation to the deceased's family unless they remit it freely. If the deceased belonged to a people at war with you and he was a believer the freeing of a believing slave (is enough). If he belonged to a people with whom ye have a treaty of mutual alliance compensation should be paid to his family and a believing slave be freed. For those who find this beyond their means (is prescribed) a fast for two months running: by way of repentance to Allah: for Allah hath all knowledge and all wisdom.
            93) If a man kills a believer intentionally his recompense is Hell to abide therein (for ever): and the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.
            94) O ye who believe! when ye go abroad in the cause of Allah investigate carefully and say not to anyone who offers you a salutation: "Thou art none of a believer!" Coveting the perishable goods of this life: with Allah are profits and spoils abundant. Even thus were ye yourselves before till Allah conferred on you His favors: therefore carefully investigate for Allah is well aware of all that ye do.
            95) Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home): unto all (in faith) hath Allah promised good: but those who strive and fight hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward.
            96) Ranks specially bestowed by Him and Forgiveness and Mercy. For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Working...
            X