Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great Mujahid, Abu Ayoub Al-Ansariy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu Ayub was one of the greatest Companions of the Prophet. He never neglected performing jihad--even as an old man. He went with one of the Muslim armies at the time of Mu^awiyyah to liberate Constantinople.

Despite his advanced age, he was patient on the hardship of the journey from Madinahto surround Constantinople--where he eventually died.

Prior to his death, he asked the Muslims to advance as far as possible and bury him in that spot--which they did. The Muslim army that time was not successful in liberating Constantinople, and it remained in the hands of the kuffar who themselves tended the grave of Abu Ayyub because of the barakah they saw there! After several hundred years, Constantinople was liberated by Muhammad al-Fatih, the Ottoman.

He wanted to know the location of the grave of Abu Ayyub which was no longer apparent since so many years had passed. Muhammad al Fatih asked one of the pious shaykhs in his army if he knew the location of Abu Ayyub's grave. He answered Muhammad al Fatih by recalling a light he had seen the previous evening coming from a specific location which went all the way up in the sky. The shaykh suggested digging there might present the grave. They dug in that location until they uncovered a plate with a writing indicating this was the grave of Abu Ayub. Muhammad al Fatih built a mosque (masjid) in that location that still exists until today in Istanbul, Turkey. There is a great feeling of barakah and tranquillity there).

Abu Ayyub al-Ansariyy replied, "Yes, I know what I am doing. I came here for the Messenger of Allah--not for the stone." By this he meant he was seeking the blessings from the presence of the Prophet, not for the stone covering his grave. Abu Ayyub al-Ansariyy continued his response with what he heard the Messenger of Allah say: "Do not cry over the Religion of Islam if the rulers are ruling correctly. Rather, cry over this Religion if the rulers are ruling incorrectly." By his response, Abu Ayyub was telling MarwanIbn al-Hakam: "You are not one of those rulers who are correctly ruling by the rules of Islam."

Considering the actions of Abu Ayyub,should one regard the statements of Ibn Taymiyah (Ibn Taymiyah is a man who lived during the 8th century Hijriyy. He claimed that Allah is a body and has limits, that Hellfire vanishes, and that the kind of the universe is not created by Allah, among other blasphemous claims.) who claims visiting the grave of the Prophet seeking the benefit is prohibited?

Who is more knowledgeable--Ibn Taymiyah or Abu Ayyub?

Abu Ayyub was a man better than a whole earth filled with people like Ibn Taymiyah. Ibn Taymiyah and his followers claim they follow the teachings of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, yet Imam Ahmad,as well as other Imams, say the opposite of their claim. As we mentioned in the other forum!

We ask Allah to protects us.
    Ahmad G
    Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Re: The great Mujahid, Abu Ayoub Al-Ansariy..

Abu Ayyub al-Ansariyy replied, "Yes, I know what I am doing. I came here for the Messenger of Allah--not for the stone." By this he meant he was seeking the blessings from the presence of the Prophet, not for the stone covering his grave. Abu Ayyub al-Ansariyy continued his response with what he heard the Messenger of Allah say: "Do not cry over the Religion of Islam if the rulers are ruling correctly. Rather, cry over this Religion if the rulers are ruling incorrectly." By his response, Abu Ayyub was telling MarwanIbn al-Hakam: "You are not one of those rulers who are correctly ruling by the rules of Islam."
    Ahmad G

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad G

(Ibn Taymiyah is a man who lived during the 8th century Hijriyy. He claimed that Allah is a body and has limits, that Hellfire vanishes, and that the kind of the universe is not created by Allah, among other blasphemous claims.)
      Do you believe this about Ibn Taymiyyah that he actually said some or all of these things? Can you tell me which of his books you've read (that contain these claims) or are you just copying-and-pasting your accusations?

Comment

Ibn Taymiyyah was the man.....
        "Mai baap Amreeka has decided to breakup Pakistan, MQM will support Amreeka and I will not stop killing pukhtoons" - Pir Altaf Bhaggorra of Landan...

Comment

Originally posted by gupguppy
          Do you believe this about Ibn Taymiyyah that he actually said some or all of these things? Can you tell me which of his books you've read (that contain these claims) or are you just copying-and-pasting your accusations?

Leave Ibn Taymiyyah !

First you tell that

Is there such kind of belief that in any of the Muslisms Sects that

Allah has a body and He has limits[Yes/No]

If not?

Then having such kind of belief about Allah is Good or Bad.

Then we will see who said this. Right?

I just want to know what your belief about Allah in this regard.

Comment

^ Stop getting all excited... here's what i asked Ahmad G...

"Do you believe this about Ibn Taymiyyah that he actually said some or all of these things? Can you tell me which of his books you've read (that contain these claims) or are you just copying-and-pasting your accusations?"

If you want to answer, be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by gupguppy
              ^ Stop getting all excited... here's what i asked Ahmad G...

"Do you believe this about Ibn Taymiyyah that he actually said some or all of these things? Can you tell me which of his books you've read (that contain these claims) or are you just copying-and-pasting your accusations?"

If you want to answer, be my guest.

Ibn Taimiyyah and Allah's attributes

Ibn Taimiyyah believed that all Allah's attributes mentioned in the Qur'an or the Prophet's sayings must be understood on the basis of their literal meanings without interpreting them. Accordingly, he maintained that "Allah resides upward in the heavens where He sits upon the throne occupying it completely. He descends to the lowest heaven and then ascends. He possesses organs such as eyes, hands and legs which are different from human and other creatures' organs" [1]. Ibn Taimiyyah also wrote: "Whoever interprets the meanings (of these verses) belittle Allah and do not comprehend him fully" [2].

The only evidence which Ibn Taimiyyah presented in defence of this belief was his claim that it was the belief of the Prophet's Companions and early Muslims. On this he wrote [3]:

I read the commentaries of the Companions and the Prophet's sayings reported
              by the Companions and have studied more than one hundred books of
              commentaries and so far I have not come across a single account indicating that
              one of the Companions interpreted any of the verses or sayings on Allah's
              attributes contrary to their obvious, literal meanings.

This viewpoint was blindly endorsed by his followers without making an effort to check the books of commentaries which collected the Companions' views on the attributes' verses especially those highly acclaimed by Ibn Taimiyyah by Al-Tabari, Al-Baghawi and Ibn Atia.

These and other sources fully reported the standpoints of the Companions and early Muslims on interpreting the attributes' verses which diverged completely from the literal understanding of Ibn Taimiyyah and Al-Hashawia.

On the interpretation of the chair verse, Al-Tabari endorsed Ibn Abbas' interpretation of Allah's chair to mean His knowledge, and he supported this with evidence from the use of the term in Arabic. The same interpretation was reported by Al-Baghawi, Al-Shawkani citing Ibn Atia, Al-Qurtubi and others.

Similarly, widely accepted interpretations of the verses which refer to Allah's 'face' do not lend support to Ibn Taimiyyah's literal understanding of these verses. To illustrate, early Muslims interpreted the 'face' in the following verses to mean 'Himself':

"All things perish except His face" [4]
              "But the face of your Lord will abide forever, in all its majesty and glory" [5]
              Also the 'face' in the following verses was interpreted to mean favour or recompense:

"And whatever you spend is in seeking Allah's face" [6]
              "Who for the sake of His face endure with fortitude" [7]
              "This is the best for those who strive to earn His face" [8]
              "The poor due you give for the sake of His face" [9]

"We feed you for the sake of His face" [10]
              "And so shall be that does good works for the sake of His exalted face" [11]

These interpretations obviously contradict Ibn Taimiyyah's literal understanding which considered the face to be the usual human feature. The only exception in which he admitted that early Muslims interpreted the 'face' figuratively to mean the direction was the verse: "Whatever direction you face there is Allah's face". But he denied that this was an attribute's verse [12].

Ibn Taimiyyah defended his literal understanding of the Qur'anic reference to the 'face', 'eye' and 'hands' of Allah by falsely claiming that it was based on the views of the Companions and early Muslims. Needless to say, he failed to produce a single statement by any of the Companions in support of his allegation.
              Although his books include no mention of his ideas on the corporeal nature of Allah, these ideas were reported by a number of reliable sources as follows:

1. Ibn Batuta and Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani confirmed that Ibn Taimiyyah said while delivering a sermon from the pulpit that Allah descends to the lowest heaven as I descend here and now [13].

2. Ibn Hayan reported in both of his commentaries on the Qur'an, Al-Bahr Al-Muheet and Al-Nahr that he read the following statement in Ibn Taimiyyah's Kitab Al-Arsh written in his own handwriting:

Allah sits on the Chair and he has left a space beside him for the Apostle of Allah.
              However, this statement quoted by Yusuf Al-Nabhani in Shawahid Al-Haq [14] and also in Kashf Al-Thunoon [15] was omitted from the published version of Ibn Hayan's Al-Nahr, together with other statements on Ibn Taimiyyah's views. Regardless of this, Ibn Taimiyyah persistently defended these views without mentioning the seating of the Prophet with Allah on His throne in his book Minhaj Al-Sunna [16].

3. Ibn Taimiyyah claimed that raising the hands during supplication is proof that Allah resides upward [17]. If this reasoning is accepted then it can be argued that since a person performing prayer recites the Qur'anic verse: "I direct my face toward the One who created heavens and earth", it can be deduced that Allah is in the direction of the Qibla – Allah is exalted above such descriptions.

A distinguishing characteristic of the Arabic language in which the Qur'an was revealed is that the meaning of a word or a text may not be limited to its literal meaning. Thus when the following verse was revealed "Hold fast to the Rope of Allah, all of you together" [18] this was not understood as a reference to an actual rope. Otherwise, we must await a rope sent down to which we can hold fast.

The rope in this verse was interpreted to mean Islam, the Qur'an or the Thuqalan, i.e. the Qur'an and the Prophet's Household. Whoever disallows interpreting such terms is obviously ignorant of Arabic. And whoever claims that early Muslims did not interpret the verses on Allah's attributes is contradicting authentic accounts. One has only to scan available books of commentaries to prove that such interpretations exist.

[1] Ibn Taimiyyah, Al-Hamawia Al-Kubra, p. 15; Al-Tafseer Al-Kabeer, vol. 2, pp.
              249-250; Minhaj Al-Sunna, vol. 1, pp. 250, 260-261
              [2] Ibid., Al-Tafseer Al-Kabeer, vol. 1, p. 270
              [3] Ibn Taimiyyah, Tafseer Surat Al-Noor, p. 178
              [4] The Qur'an 28:88
              [5] The Qur'an 55:27
              [6] The Qur'an 2:272
              [7] The Qur'an 13:22
              [8] The Qur'an 30:38
              [9] The Qur'an 30:39
              [10] The Qur'an 76:9
              [11] The Qur'an 92:20
              [12] Ibn Taimiyyah, Al-Uqood Al-Duria, p. 248
              [13] Ibn Batuta, Al-Rihla, p. 95; Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani, Al-Durur Al-Kamina, vol. 1,
              p. 154
              [14] Yusuf Al-Nabhani, Shawahid Al-Haq, p. 130
              [15] Kashf Al-Thunoon, vol. 2, p. 1438
              [16] Ibn Taimiyyah, Minhaj Al-Sunna, vol. 1, pp. 260-261
              [17] Ibn Taimiyyah, Al-Hamawia Al-Kubra, p. 94; Sharh Hadeeth Al-Nizool, p. 59
              [18] The Qur'an 3:103

Source:
              Ibn Taimiyyah: The true image
              @ Shia chat dot com website in Shia/Sunni Dialogue Section

Comment

Originally posted by inuit

Although his books include no mention of his ideas on the corporeal nature of Allah…
                Need I go on?

1. Ibn Batuta and Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani confirmed that Ibn Taimiyyah said while delivering a sermon from the pulpit that Allah descends to the lowest heaven as I descend here and now
                Ibn Batuta's claim is obviously erroneous since Ibn Taymiyyah was incarcerated at the time he supposedly visited Damascus and saw this. Ibn Hajar didn't "confirm" anything, he merely reported accusations made by other people.

2. Ibn Hayan reported in both of his commentaries on the Qur'an, Al-Bahr Al-Muheet and Al-Nahr that he read the following statement in Ibn Taimiyyah's Kitab Al-Arsh written in his own handwriting:

Allah sits on the Chair and he has left a space beside him for the Apostle of Allah….
                There's nothing of this seating of the Prophet (saw) in any books Ibn Taymiyyah himself authored as far as I recall... even if there was, presumably he was citing the historical discussion of this point and in particular Al Tabari's far earlier defence of this stance in his Qur'an commentary of 17:79.

Comment

I am asking you again,

Leave Ibn Taymiyyah !

First you tell that -

Is there such kind of belief in any of the Muslisms Sects that

Allah has a body and He has limits[Yes/No]
                  Allah has a Body and he moves from one place to another[Yes/No]

If not?

Then having such kind of belief about Allah is Good or Bad.

I just want to know what your belief about Allah in this regard.

Comment

^ Grow up... you sound like a little kid... you've failed miserably to show where Ibn Taymiyyah said "Allah has a Body" or whatever so now you want to pick on someone else...

Comment

Bismillah,

Praise be to Allah the creator of everything and the one that does not resemble any of his creation. May Allah raise the rank of Prophet Muhammad, the best of the creations and the seal of all messengers..

We do not ask a question like this my friends. We don't' say: Does Allah have a body yes or no?

Please be careful. It's evidently clear that this does not befit Allah. so ALLAH IS NOT A BODY, DOES NOT HAVE A BODY OR FORM. Allah created the bodies and forms and organs, and Allah is clear from all of that.

Imam Ahmad ibn hanbal and Imam dhun-noon al-Misriy said: "Whatever you imagine in your minds, Allah is different from it" Allah does not resemble that.

It was was reported that Imam Ahmad said:

"من اعتقد أن الله جسم فهو كافر، وقال: مهما تصورت ببالك فالله بخلاف ذلك."

"the one who says Allah is a body blasphemes".

And Imam abdul-Ghaniy an-Nabulusiy said:

"من اعتقد أن الله ملأ السموات والأرض أو أنه جسم قاعد فوق العرش فهو كافر وإن زعم أنه مسلم".ـ

That means "Whomever claims that Allah dwells in the heavens or earths or that he is a body or sitting on the throne, he is a blasphemer even if he claimed he is Muslim".

Allah said: "Laysa kamithlihi shay'" Allah does not resemble the creations in any way.
                      Ahmad G

Comment

As for the request of "gupguppy":

Bismillah, Praise be to Allah the creator of everything and the one that does not resemble any of his creation. May Allah raise the rank of Prophet Muhammad, the best of the creations and the seal of all Messengers,

Ibn taymiah was prisoned by 4 Qadi from the 4 schools of Ahlussunnah because he negated the "Ijma^" unanimous agreement of the Muslims in many issues. Imam as-Subkiy counted for him over 60 issues where he negated Ijma^ of all of the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah.

Among which he claims is that Allah is a body and is sitting above the throne physically. And that makes him and the jews with the same belief.

Rerences: Majmoo^ Fatawa 4/16!.

Imam Abu Hanifah said:

Imam Abu Hanifah, who is one of the authorities of as-Salaf, said in his book Al-Fiqh al*Absat: "Allah existed eternally and there was no place. He existed before creating the creation. He existed, and there was no place, creation, or thing; and He is the Creator of everything."
                        Ahmad G

Comment

^ Still no direct quote from Ibn Taymiyyah where he said "Allah is a BODY"... if you actually had something you'd post it... but you obviously don't... and many scholars were imprisoned for their beliefs, that doesn't make them wrong... i doubt you've seen any of these supposed "60 issues" yourself or even know that they exist... there's a refutation of al Subki (Sarim al Munki) by ibn Abdul Hadi…

Comment

somethings are understood by some people where as others dont get them at all.imho dont be strictly literal.

Comment

I said:
                              Among which he claims is that Allah is a body and is sitting above the throne physically. And that makes him and the jews with the same belief.

Rerences: Majmoo^ Fatawa 4/16!.
                              He said "Allah is as big as the throne" And once he said: "he is bigger then the throne". He was contradictive at all times.

And he was imprisoned brother BUT BY WHO?
                              By Muslim Judges (Qudat) from the four schools of thought, Shafi^iy, Maliki, Hanbaliy and Hanafiy judges ordered to imprison him 4 times. And Mujtahideen such as Imam as-Subkiy declared that many of the deviations he had took him out of Islam and explicity declared that he blasphemed and opposed "Ijma^" of Ahlussunnah.

Allah is NOT a body
                              Allah does NOT have a form
                              Allah is NOT residing in a place
                              ALLAH EXISTS WITHOUT A PLACE AND DOES NOT RESEMBLE THE CREATIONS IN ANYWAY.
                              Ahmad G

Comment

Working...
                              X