Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performing Nikkah

Assalamo Alaikum

I have somewhat of a obscure question regarding doing Nikkah, I heard recently at a wedding that the couple that was getting married, had their Nikkah done over the phone where all the involved parties meaning the parents and the man and woman willingly complied with having it done over the phone with the a imam being present on both ends. Is this permissible? Thank you for input.

Allah Hafiz

This is not a complete Nikah. But, it will do atleast for processing documents e.g. applying a visa for the bride to a country where the groom is working.

It is a must that the groom must physically attend a full-fledged Nikah ceremony at a later time. Unless he does that, he cannot do a suhbat with his wife or vice vera.

WallahuAlam

Comment

It is permissable and not unusuall.
      In image gallerly a long time ago, i read about a couple who had nikkaha on internet.
      For nikkaha just mian baivi have to agrred and accept and they have to have four witneseses. All other is optional, even the nikaha verses are not a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by ramyssysIX:
        This is not a complete Nikah. But, it will do atleast for processing documents e.g. applying a visa for the bride to a country where the groom is working.

It is a must that the groom must physically attend a full-fledged Nikah ceremony at a later time. Unless he does that, he cannot do a suhbat with his wife or vice vera.

WallahuAlam
        any proof of it? any verse or hadees???

Comment

I will have to search for the references. Have forgotten them at the moment! Sorry about that!

Comment

Salaam,

Thank your for the replies I greatly appreciate your time and input.

Take care.

Comment

Nikah by phone is not valid.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
              FATWA DEPT.

We are not aware of any Fatwa relating to the validity of a marriage over the telephone. However, marriage by proxy is permissible.

The procedure of marriage by proxy where one of the partners (boy or girl) propose to marry the other. The proposal be written in the presence of two witnesses.

The two witnesses should also sign the document be sent to the other party, for example, in a foreign land and accept the written proposal in the presence of two witnesses. It is important to exercise extreme precaution by verifying the proposal and its witnessing to avoid any possibility of fraud and deception.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
              FATWA DEPT.

The procedure of marriage via the internet is same as marriage by proxy
              where one of the partners (boy or girl) propose to marry the other. The
              proposal be written in the presence of two witnesses.

The two witnesses should also sign the document be sent to the other party,
              for example, in a foreign land and accept the written proposal in the
              presence of two witnesses. It is important to exercise extreme precaution by
              verifying the proposal and its witnessing to avoid any possibility of fraud
              and deception.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

for ref:http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/

Comment

Working...
              X