Shia names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shia names

I would like to ask Shia people why they dont name their kids after Hazrat e Umar Farooq(RA) and Uthman (RA)and other Sahaba.

Yes, very bad on part of shias. How dare they become willing targets of Wahabi murderers?

If they had acceptable Sunni names, no one would touch them. Shame on Shias.

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
      I would like to ask Shia people why they dont name their kids after Hazrat e Umar Farooq(RA) and Uthman (RA)and other Sahaba.
      and y is ur last name khan? r Umar and Usman Pathan ppl?

Comment

Well this is news to me

There is such a thing as names pertaining to SECTS?

I thought names went according to language/culture.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

g t th ߧ f f t t th wll t g .
        Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Coco-

THere are certain names that are popular in the shia community for example Hasain or Hasnain or Hussain. THat doesn't mean that every single person with that name is shia.

Comment

Yeah I have never come across a shia with the names

Omar
            Uthman
            Abu Baker
            Aisha
            Asma

Why is that?

Comment

Well to all the people who actually dont know the meaning of khan, its a turkish work for lord/master or conquerer. There is no relation of it with pathan people. There r khans in uzbekistan/tajikistan/iran/turkey whatever. i wanted to know and some people r trying to link Shia/Sunni problem with it. I have never seen a shia person with name of Uthman(RA) or Omar(RA), most of the names r like Ali reza or Naqhavis named after ALI(RA)..

Comment

I see someone trying to whip up trouble.

We dont keep these names because we feel we have the free right to choose which names we want for our children and if a parent likes the name of Ali over Usman for his child then by all means he has every right to keep it!

What will you achive by asking this question by the way. Fighting? trouble? Discord within the Ummah?

Comment

Please dont think like that, it is just a question and a i wanted a reasonable answer for it. i dont want a fight, and no trouble, u've said it if u feel to prefer the name of Ali(RA) over Omar(RA) or Othman(RA) for any or no reason its ok its your son. nothing wrong with it..

[This message has been edited by reza khan (edited March 05, 2002).]

Comment

Reza,, when you have a kid, name him Yazeed.

Comment

Could or couldnt!

[This message has been edited by reza khan (edited March 05, 2002).]

Comment

A pretty useless Discussion.

trying to flare up things...

i would say, that name dosnt matter. Name is just an Identity. But my parents were inspired by Prophet Muhammad (SAW) PBUH , and they named me Muzzammil. a Name adapted from Quran...

so one can choose any name. whats the big deal. and PS dont make troublesome comments.

------------------
                        Dont think "you can" know "you can"
                        .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

wel reza khan
                          the word khan means "nobel "ok ..
                          and the answer to ur question about the name is..( i think well thats wat my shia friend told me plz no offence) just telling ya wat my friend told me..
                          why they dont have these name cuz they dont like them well to tell u the truth they hate them...cuz according to shia beleifs ... prophet Muhammad (swh) chose Ali(RA) to be the 1st khalifa and the sahaba didnt follow it .like umer (RA) and abu bakkar(RA)..
                          and they hate aisha(RA) cuz she fought against ali (RA)...
                          well thats how much i know and wat i was told by my shia buddy..

Comment

Dear reza khan,
                            the question you have asked is very valid, genuine and inquisitive although you havnt seen any relevant answers, but the thing is that shia comes from shia ne ALi (RA) meaning the freinds of Ali. In that shia by the time it became a sect, was a political movement. Hence havinng this particular scope from which the shia sect emanated, most shia muslims keep thier names to the family of hazrat Ali(RA)--more or less as legacy of that movement until it became a seperate sect. This is their right and choice. It does get confusing sometimes when we there too many individuals with same names though.

Comment

Sultan Toora;

If anyone became a sect it is the sunnis into their 4 madhabs, 200 + years after the death of our holy prophet (pbuh).

Shias of Ali (as) have always been present, from the time of the prophet (pbuh) to now. The prophet (pbuh) gave good tidings to Imam Ali's shias saying "Oh Ali, yr shias are on the right path".

As for the sunnis, you classified yourself as ahl-sunnat wa jamaat on the declaration of Muwayaah upon his ascension to the throne of caliphate. That day, Muwayaah uttered this statement, stating that today the majority of the ummah recognized him.

Read up a bit on history.

As far as naming kids are concerned, I have 3 dogs at work that one might say are like kids. Guess what I've named them.

ws

Comment

Working...
                              X