X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bizarre offering to god

people are getting insane and fanatic.
    http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=8168

Goes to show you that there is no shoetage of Stupid people in this world.

Comment

With all due apologies it is a Tamilian thing.
      The first public self-immolation in India took place in Tamilnadu as well as the first political assasination.
      Tamilians also go for masochsitic religious ceremonies, like being hung by steel hooks or something, which the rest of Indians won't do.

Comment

andhra tamilian practise of self-toruture
        reminds me of shia tradition of self-flagellation.

Comment

Do you mean walking on coal fire on Moharram?

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
            With all due apologies it is a Tamilian thing.
            The first public self-immolation in India took place in Tamilnadu as well as the first political assasination.
            Tamilians also go for masochsitic religious ceremonies, like being hung by steel hooks or something, which the rest of Indians won't do.
            Hanging from hooks I have seen. Some Hindu con artist "saints," Use the trick to hoax unsuspecting village people. Its fairly simple, and according to an expert, anyone can do it. They actually had two guys who had never done it before, pull a car with hooks piercing their back. There was no Blood and no pain surprisingly. Anyways, its still bizzare, but its not as bad as the tongue thing... Thats just like, wow, freaky.

Comment

Arising from this can anybody tell me if Shias believe in Self-Flagellation and stuff.
              Is celebrating Moharram a Shia thing?
              I remember seeing Muslims walking on burning coals.

Also I read somewhere about drinking water from horses's mouth or something.

Comment

I dunno if it was shia or anything. I have seen Tamil Muslims beating themseleves until they bleed (even small children) on one specific day.

While I was in abus, this procession of Muslims where chanting something and beating themselves. Anybody know what it is?

Comment

My friends dad who is a hindu, once got caught up in one of these procesions in India. He freaked out cuz there were so many people beating themselves and he was like in the center of them... Anyways, its one of those you had to be there stories.

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                    I dunno if it was shia or anything. I have seen Tamil Muslims beating themseleves until they bleed (even small children) on one specific day.

While I was in abus, this procession of Muslims where chanting something and beating themselves. Anybody know what it is?
                    its a thing done in Muharram by a group of muslims called shiaas....
                    they do that to remind themselves of the sad murder of Imam Hussain (may Allah be please with him) the grandson of Muhammad (peace be upon him)....

its just one of those 'unjustifiable' 'unintelligent' acts that humans often tend to do....

has nothing to do with Islam....
                    any such practice by anyone is NOT ALLOWED in Islam....
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
                      its a thing done in Muharram by a group of muslims called shiaas....
                      they do that to remind themselves of the sad murder of Imam Hussain (may Allah be please with him) the grandson of Muhammad (peace be upon him)....

its just one of those 'unjustifiable' 'unintelligent' acts that humans often tend to do....

It may not be a part of our interprtation, but if they choose to interpret things that way, lets let them. I for one think it commendable, even if to us it seems misguided, that someone would be willing to put themselves through this for the sake of their faith.

Comment

u cant just go and commnd the robbers of the GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY....
                        it was a GREAT ACHIEVEMENT....
                        but we have to see the simple fact that IT WAS WRONG....

i dont know what u think about other faiths, but seeing Muslims do such a WRONG, we have to stop hem from it....
                        or atleast tell them that its wrong, and not just COMMEND such hideous a deed....

------------------
                        "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Salaam, I dont think "proper way of repentance" is defined in the Holy Quran. it all depends on one's heart. Ofcourse you cant kill yourself in repentance for that would be suicide and not believing as God is Most Merciful. I think that would also include a bit of kufar..(suicide)

------------------
                          Dont tell your God how big your problem is.. Tell your problem how big your God is!
                          Jazak allah khair

Comment

u cant just go and commnd the robbers of the GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY....
                            it was a GREAT ACHIEVEMENT....
                            but we have to see the simple fact that IT WAS WRONG....

i dont know what u think about other faiths, but seeing Muslims do such a WRONG, we have to stop hem from it....
                            or atleast tell them that its wrong, and not just COMMEND such hideous a deed....

You may be right, but then we tell them they are wrong, they will turn around and tell us we are wrong. Then we will have to spend the entire day argueing over interpretations that neither of us really can grasp in exactly the way god intended.

Comment

Working...
                            X