Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinterpretation of The Quran has begun!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinterpretation of The Quran has begun!!!!

I guess we can expect the full force of the West Propoganda Machine to bear on this and change the interpretation to their liking!!!
    I wonder how many will sell themselves to sing the new tune?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/02/arts/02ISLA.html

Radical New Views of Islam and the Origins of the Koran
    By ALEXANDER STILLE

Salaam

It's pretty nornal to see that the kufaar are trying to change the shape of islam to the way they want. Allah (swt) tells us the nature of the disbelievers in the Quran many times and it looks like that the muslims, over the centuries, have learnt this.

If we look to the past, the Prophet faced similar scenarios where the ruling elite would generate smear campains against the Quranic ayahs and they would use to say that the ayahs that he (Muhammed [saw]) recites are taught to him by a christian youth. The whole aim of the ruling elite was to discredit the true verses of the holy Quran. The Prophet continued his intellectual and political struggle for 13 years but he was only able to deal with the slanders when he had full authority over a society and full controll over the army. So there is an instance where a man use to mock the Prophet (saw) and this guy was dealt with by sending the armed forces so that Islam could be protecyed. Another famous incident was during the time of one of the khalifah's, when france was having a theatre show which was called "the Prophet and his 4 wives", in this play our beloved Rasul (saw) was ridiculed. What did the Islamic authority do when this news reached them? Did they befriend the kufaar and allow them to establish bases? Obviously the answer is no, as the Islamic state sent a delegation saying to the French authority, "if you continue with this play, the Khilafah state will declare war with you". This play then shifted to Britain and a similar thing happened but they did not listen to the first warning and the second warning said "we will declare Jihad e Akbar on you" which means the great jihad. Today our leaders do not take this responsibility of protecting Islam as they do not even implement it. What we need, to solve these types of problems, is a Khilafah state which implements Islam and propagates it to the world and crystallises all the misconceptions about it.

Comment

It's a good step and applaud "Christoph Luxenberg" taking on this challenging task.

It's about time, we question Islam and how people today use it to justify terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by Badshah420:
        It's a good step and applaud "Christoph Luxenberg" taking on this challenging task.

It's about time, we question Islam and how people today use it to justify terrorism.
        u my friend need a good spanking....

Comment

Originally posted by T2:
          u my friend need a good spanking....

Is that a fatwa from your local Mullah?

Comment

seriously,Why are Muslims so allergic to any work of scholarship that tries to merely answer questions on the origins of the Quran?? This article claims a general consensus among "scholars" that the Quran as you know it today came into being 59 years after Muhammad's death. If it were indeed God's word that found immediate resonance among the masses,why this huge delay in compiling it.If a research effort does establish that it indeed remained unchanged over this 59 years,then it greatly stregthens your case,doesn't it. On the other hand,if it had indeed changed,it would raise more fundamental questions.

And there is no question of prejudice in this as being a research effort the work is going to published for widespread scrutiny.

The bottomline,why do you immediately abuse anyone who wants to probe the question?? Do you have something to hide that it is in your best interests to fudge facts???

Comment

Originally posted by sundaram:
              seriously,Why are Muslims so allergic to any work of scholarship that tries to merely answer questions on the origins of the Quran?? This article claims a general consensus among "scholars" that the Quran as you know it today came into being 59 years after Muhammad's death. If it were indeed God's word that found immediate resonance among the masses,why this huge delay in compiling it.If a research effort does establish that it indeed remained unchanged over this 59 years,then it greatly stregthens your case,doesn't it. On the other hand,if it had indeed changed,it would raise more fundamental questions.

And there is no question of prejudice in this as being a research effort the work is going to published for widespread scrutiny.

The bottomline,why do you immediately abuse anyone who wants to probe the question?? Do you have something to hide that it is in your best interests to fudge facts???
              This is our religion and people are very sensitive when it comes to such deeply held beliefs. We could expect the same from Christians or Hindus.
              As far as i know, the Koran was memorized or written on scaps until it was finally compiled into a sigle book. According to certain beliefs, the Koran has always existed as the law of the Universe. The Book is the physical manifestation of the eternal truth. Has it been changed? I doubt it, that is probably the worst sin anyone can commit. Also there have been many many scholars and clergy who have carefuly guarded the Koran to keep it in its pure form. I for one do not think it has ever been changed, it possible that some parts may have been lost, but nothing was ever added to it.

Comment

Some good points. i think secularism is what we need, and also that the Koran should be open to interpretation, I also agree that Koran was more open to interpretaion in early Islamic history, that would explain why there were so few accounts of early Islamic fundementalism.
                I personaly feel that Koran is the word of god, and the fact that an illiterate person belonging a pagan and violent people, could bring forth a religion of such beauty proves not that Koran was written someplace else, but that it truly was the word of GOD.

Comment

Working...
                X