X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razanne..the muslim barbie doll

------------------
    If truth is knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are
    all the liars in the world really the good guys?...

CUTE!

------------------
    LL K䮮 gh K hmm h$ ghL
    Tm$h--hL--GP$HP Kht h
    Ba'Qalam-e-khud, deewaan'e-gs say baraah'e-raast, Jang Bahaadur Nawaab'e-Lucknow Shaan'e-Brampton Miyaan Shamsheer-ul-Faizy(H.R.H.H.Mister confused)

Comment

hah!!!!!

------------------
      Yo ma whistle baby!!!!

Comment

lol! cute.

Comment

can there be a "muslim" barbie doll ?? doesnt that fall into the category of "statue" ??

As far as i know making statues is prohibited in Islam. Lets call it Pakistani or Arabic or Irani or whatever barbie!

------------------

janey kis za-um meen maqtal ko sajeyee tum ho
          mujh ko keya qatal karoo gay k mayreey saeey tum ho

Comment

Originally posted by BAYWAQOOF:
            can there be a "muslim" barbie doll ?? doesnt that fall into the category of "statue" ??

As far as i know making statues is prohibited in Islam. Lets call it Pakistani or Arabic or Irani or whatever barbie!

children's toys r allowed....
            am not sure (no authentic statement to put here) but i think they r allowed AS LONG as they r for children and r not so *real*....

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

This doll was created by a team of parents who wanted their children growing up in the US to identify with their religious affiliatins instead of being bombarded with a culture that is almost opposite to what islam teaches them...as you can see the doll isnt dementedly out of shape or fat...she is simply observing the values of pardah and humbleness...i thought it was a very thoughtful thing to do...cos when I was growing up, I played with barbies with their short shorts and thin tops...until I went back to Pakistan and my phopho made cute shalwar kameeses and dupattas, lehgnas and saris for my barbies that I actually understood what it really means to be unconsciously alienating your culture ....

------------------
              If truth is knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are
              all the liars in the world really the good guys?...

Comment

Will there be REZA, the Muslim Ken?

Comment

Cute!

------------------
                  Kambakht Ishq!
                  Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Cute

Comment

very nice

------------------
                      <::~Is thaT all You got? ::~I'll Take youR best Shot~::>

Comment

i'll tell you what
                        the entire concept is based on shaky grounds

First and basic if you are associating Islam or *Muslim* to the doll then as far as my knowledge goes, Dolls and other such toys arent allowed in Islam

so there goes the concept of a Muslim Barbie doll outta the window

We could call it a Barbie Doll dressed in a Muslim Attire

Comment

cuteeeeeeee

------------------
                          سكورپین کنگ
                          o_kg

Even If You Are Basically Stupid
                          You Can Still Meet Nice People !

Comment

Cute Doll

And I think the name "Muslim Doll" should stick, not Pakistani, Arab (not Arabic), Persian, Turk and etc.....Because if this happens then only Pakistanis would buy the doll if its called "Pakistani" doll, and Arabs would only buy it if it was called an "Arab" doll. There is no ethnicity in Islam, we should not be gonna by names other then "Muslim." We are ONE ummah we should act like one, we shouldn't be putting up more walls, but instead build more bridges. The name "Muslim Doll," I think is very appropriate.

Comment

No offence armughaal but could you elaborate these points further.

Originally posted by armughal:
                              children's toys r allowed....
                              Says who?!!!

i think they r allowed AS LONG as they r for children
                              By for children, you mean they should be hidden from elders, so as to protect the elders from wrong influences?

r not so *real*....
                              Not so real?!!! Yeah, may be missing an ear or a nose; or may be having a blurry indistinguishable face.

[This message has been edited by Scratch (edited March 04, 2002).]
                              I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                              I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Working...
                              X