Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rama cut ear and nose of a black sudra woaman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rama cut ear and nose of a black sudra woaman?

http://www.dalitstan.org/books/gowh/gowh3.html

AMPUTATION OF WOMENS' EARS AND NOSES
    By Miss Sita Agarwal
    Aryan women were severely punished with amputation of ears and noses for even minor offences, often by their own husbands. The Brahmanic secular court and religious literature is full of such instances :
    Ramayana : `Lord' Rama practiced the savage cutting off of womens' noses for minor offences, thereby providing divine sanction for this sadistic custom. In the Ramayana, Shurpanakha is described as a black Dravidian lady ( referred to as `Rakshis' or demonesses by the Aryans ) who fell in love with Rama. She proposed marriage to him, but he refused her, directing her to his brother Laxman. This pious Hindu God immediately cut off her ears and nose for the `crime' of daring to propose to him. The `mighty' Ram fully condoned this cruel act. [ Alld.1036 ] Otherwise, Ram, the `ideal husband', showed little regard to female life; for instance, he killed Tataka [ Alld.1048 ], merely because she was a "Rakshi", or Black Sudra woman. He cut her body into pieces after maiming her in the cruellest manner available. He mutilated her genitals and then shamelessly chopped off pieces of her body one by one after thrusting his sword into her vagina.
    Ocean of Story : This work is also full of examples where husbands mutilated their own wives in accordance with bigoted Vaishnava laws. Thus, Devadasa, a merchant of Pataliputra, cuts off the nose of his adulterous wife, and marries another [ Oc. Bk.III,Ch.XIX ][ Oc.Taw I.p.146-7 ]. These instances from court literature show that the harsh Vedic laws of Manu and Kautilya were actually enforced in all their severity.
    Another example from the Ocean of Story is when the king of Ujjain decides to cut off the ears of the unfaithful wife of a Brahmin, Kalaratri [ Oc. Bk.IV,Ch.XX ][ Oc.Taw I.p.161 ] This story shows that kings could arbitrarily cut off the noses of the ears of the wives of their subjects whenever they so desired. The testimony of the husband hardly mattered; the king could mutilate any woman he wanted !
    Pancatantra : In the Pancatantra, Book I, 7th story, `The Weaver's Wife', [ Ryder, p.54 ], the weaver cuts off his wife's nose because she merely did not respond to his calls ! Later on, the weaver was acquitted by the pious Hindu king of any crime whatsoever !

I posted this article here coz I wanna know the comments of hindus about the above situation.

Plz write everything in reply with respected manners.

Comment

Whoever this female sita agarwal is,she deserves credit for the highest lie density in the shortest passage.Its absolutely full of lies.

About the Ramayana, first refer an authentic original source which is followed by all hindus,the one by Sage Valmiki. There are supposedly other "versions" of ramayana(Eg: Tulsi Das in Hindi and Kambar in Tamil) but they are at best poetic offtakes from the original.So the primary source is Valmiki ramayan in sanskrit.

I have read it enough no. of time to realize that the episode narrated here with regard to shurpanaka goes as follows.She was an Asura(the equivalent in character to your devil) queen who coveted Lord Rama.He was already married to Sita and he politely directed her to his brother lakshmana. Lakshmana in the face of unending advances and characterless covetment,cut off her nose. That's about it.The part about cutting genitals and crap is a load of holy crap by this depraved element to please her constituency.

And before you post stuff for "clarification" do look to get a source that Hindus follow. We cannot possibly answer to demented articles written by all & sundry to please his/her constituency,can we????

Comment

was lakshamana a god????

Comment

Comment

I think he was Rama's brother. Rama was/is considered reincarnation of vishnu, and I think his brother was the incarnation of the multiheaded serpent that vishnu reclines upon. I am not sure whether that accords him the status of a god or not. I don't think there are any temples to lakshman although there are temples to Hanumann, the Monkey warrior who fought for Rama. I have never asked or wondered why lakshmann does not have any temples.

Comment

Lakshmana served as an embodiment of faithful obedience to Lord Rama. It was an example set to all hindus that we must show unquestioning faith in a benevolent individual . As regards to him not being a god, he was meant to be a faithful guardian of his righteous brother, not an individual to be worshiped as god. The case of Lord Hanuman is different. He showed great devotion to the lord and it was the Lord's way of elevating any devoted individual to apotheosis. Infact no greater symbol of sincerity to Justice,Dharma and devotion than Lord Hanuman can be found in the hindu scriptures. To characterize him simply as a "monkey god" while conveniently hiding his sincerity of purpose is a stark example of an individuals petty mindedness.

Comment

ramayana is is mythological story but
                it also gives hint what happened during
                invasion of aryan people and their confrontation with indgenious people.

Comment

Rama, Cutting of body parts and Hate sites.
                  [*] If you wanna know about cutting of body parts by Hindu kings, then you should also learn about Shibi chakravarty - Who chopped his own body parts to save somebody who sought his refuge.
                  [*] If you wanna know about how Rama treated others, then you should also know about how he treated Guh (or Guhan) or how he treated Sabari or how he treated Ravana his staunch enemy.
                  [*] If you wanna research into claims of obvious hate sites, then you should also spend time on allegations that muhammed was a compulsive pedophile.

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited March 05, 2002).]

Comment

well there is another case of bais in mahabharat when a tribal eklavya is asked to give his thumb as guru dakshina

Comment

so lakshamna was not a god. but cutting the woman's nose and ear is a tradition. is this ok????

would you like to explain why females are not allowed to touch the holy texts of barhamins?????

Comment

it is quite clear that Muslims don't like Hindus and Hindus don't like Muslims. Why is it that people in South Asia cannot learn to get along even after a 1000 years of fighting. I am an American, who like many others was in search of his "roots", and I guess like Dorothy (in the wizard of Oz) am finding out that there really is no place like home. No one here ever asked me or cared what my religion was. I really do believe that may be a pretty good way.

Comment

Cool down! Just cool down!

Women are not only allowed to touch holy books of Hindusism, they are allowed to learn, recite and preach to men as well.

Women can lead the pooja in the sanctom sanctorum.

Thanks to being a religion that eveolves, it has the opportunity to shed bad things and move forward.

Women recite, lead holy rituals in many temples in South India (even when they have their periods - which was considered a big no no even in 1980s)

Comment

wowwww now women are allowed to touch and read the riligous text of barhamins. would you like to tell what is the reaction of females when they read the holy message of vedas.

"The birth of a girl, grant elsewhere; here, grant a boy" [Atharva Veda]

and what about sita who is a wife and sister of ram.

Comment

Old Lahori: You ain't in Kansas no more. Eventhough I am sure your red ruby slippers are made there.

Comment

Working...
                              X