Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appearance of Imam Mehdi

Assalam-o-alikum ppl..

much has been read, written, said abt this topic, aand most of us beleive that Imam mehdi will appear one day, in palestine, lead the muslims against kuffars, chirist will appear again, mehdi will acoompany him.. and Muslims will be victorious , and anti christ(dajjal) will be killed and defeated.

My friends. i beleive Dajjal will not be a person, like most of the people. Dajjal is a group of ppl,. or a virtual symbol of sin.

more over Mehdi trannslation is " A person who shows Propper guidence". I m confused abt this idea. Will medhi be a person ? or group of people ? and how we are going to identify him/them as they are mehdi or propper guider ..???

please every one shed some light on this topic, plz do share references, articles, etc to support your arguments and ideas..

today i met a guy, who is part of a team/group along with their murshad, they are waiting for the appearance of Imam Mehdi.

------------------
    Dont think "you can" know "you can"
    .::. ¢¼ ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ ¢¼ .::.

today i met a guy, who is part of a team/group along with their murshad, they are waiting for the appearance of Imam Mehdi
    I hope they remembered to pack lunch.... it'll be a never ending wait.

------------------
    There is No Spoon
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

He will come. He is bound to come. As will Hazrat Isa. It's in Quran. As for the 'packed lunches' those might be needed, but we must acknowledge the fact. He is comming.......

Comment

As will Hazrat Isa. It's in Quran
        Excellent.. quote please?

------------------
        There is No Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Jahan:
          He will come. He is bound to come. As will Hazrat Isa. It's in Quran. As for the 'packed lunches' those might be needed, but we must acknowledge the fact. He is comming.......
          reference please.... support your idea...
          Remember you are refering to QURAN.

waiting..

------------------

Comment

As for Prophet Issa, Jesus, he will come back and that is mentioned in al-Qur'an. Imam Al-Mahdiy, was not mentioned in Al-Qur'an but in al-Hadith, and have spoke about that previously..

------------------
            Brothers, Can you tell me about Rumi. I have very little knowledge about his life. He is among the distinguished Sufies.. Was he a scholar?

<<>> Learning the Obligatory Knowledge of the Religion puts the Muslim on the road for excellence and self-betterment. Acquire The Islamic Knowledge Before You Discuss Religion!! Ahmad/Islamic Studies

Brothers/Sisters: You are Invited to Attend Live Islamic Lessons Daily Online (Paltalk - Voice and Text Chat Rooms)

-The Light of Islam - Click for Live English Islamic Lessons -- English Forum
            --The Call of Knowledge - Click for Live Arabic Islamic Classes 24/7 -- Arabic Forum
            Ahmad G
            Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

As for Prophet Issa, Jesus, he will come back and that is mentioned in al-Qur'an
              will you do us the favour of referring us to the surah:verse please?

-------------------------
              There is No Spoon

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited February 21, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                will you do us the favour of referring us to the surah:verse please?

have your wrenches ready? i think everyone is "keen" to twist the meanings to their favor/support.

------------------
                May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

• Is Quran silent on coming of Imam Mahdi, or is our translation forcing it to keep silent? No Quran is not Silent, there are prophecies of comming of Imam Mahdi, definitely its time to review our teachings, over the span of 1400 years Islam has encrusted much dust.
                  • The term Imam (the leader) and Mahdi (Guidance) is specified by Allah for a person who is guidance for the mankind. It should be kept in mind that whoever that person could be, He couldn’t furnish guidance unless and until he receives one from Almighty Allah. This meaning of Imam Mahdi narrows our choice, i.e. we cannot accept anyone as Imam Mahdi unless he claims that he is appointed by Allah (definitely he will not be elected by general election)

Now lets see if Quran has used this word anywhere and in what context.

We read in sura Al-Aambiya (21:73)

And We made them leaders, guiding (mankind) by Our Command, and We inspired in them the doing of good deeds, performing Salāt (Iqāmat-as-Salāt), and the giving of Zakāt and of Us (Alone) they were worshippers.

in this chapter, after narrating some great Prophets, Allah addressed them as aaima yahdoona in this verse. This word is plural of Imam Mahdi (aaima=imam; yahdoona=hadi/mahdi). This verse very clearly explains that all the prophets were in fact IMAM MAHDI of their time.

so thus the person we are expecting as Imam Mahdi will be a Prophet according to the Quran and nothing less.
                  • As for coming of Jesus is concerned, He will not come back, Allah has declared his death in over 20 verses of Quran. (if someone wants to debate I will be happy to give references)

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited February 21, 2002).]
                  zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

Comment

so thus the person we are expecting as Imam Mahdi will be a Prophet according to the Quran and nothing less.
                    well yeah.. but where's the verse that says someone like that is coming.... to my limited knowledge Qur'an says that Prophet Muhammad is the final Prophet.

and yep.. Jesus is Dead.. move along. nothing to see there people.

------------------
                    There is No Spoon

Comment

62: 4. And HE will raise him among others of them who have not yet joined them. HE is the Mighty, the Wise.

PA yara,

I am curious as to how you interpret the above verse of Surah Al-Jummah! :~)
                      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

4: 70. And whoso obeys ALLAH and this Messenger shall be among those on whom ALLAH has bestowed HIS blessings - the Prophets, the Truthful, the Martyrs, and the Righteous. And an excellent company are they.

And this one too! Greatly appreciate it!
                        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

The following Saheeh Hadeeth’s should shed some light on the subject:

Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 36:
                          The Promised Deliverer (Kitab Al-Mahdi)

Book 36, Number 4266:
                          Narrated Jabir ibn Samurah:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The religion will continue to be established till there are twelve caliphs over you, and the whole community will agree on each of them. I then heard from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) some remarks which I could not understand. I asked my father: What is he saying: He said: all of them will belong to Quraysh.

Book 36, Number 4269:
                          Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If only one day of this world remained. Allah would lengthen that day (according to the version of Za'idah), till He raised up in it a man who belongs to me or to my family whose father's name is the same as my father's, who will fill the earth with equity and justice as it has been filled with oppression and tyranny (according to the version of Fitr). Sufyan's version says: The world will not pass away before the Arabs are ruled by a man of my family whose name will be the same as mine.

Book 36, Number 4270:
                          Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If only one day of this time (world) remained, Allah would raise up a man from my family who would fill this earth with justice as it has been filled with oppression.

Book 36, Number 4271:
                          Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah. Abdullah ibn Ja'far said: I heard AbulMalih praising Ali ibn Nufayl and describing his good qualities.

Book 36, Number 4272:
                          Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my stock, and will have a broad forehead a prominent nose. He will fill the earth will equity and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will rule for seven years.

Book 36, Number 4273:
                          Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Disagreement will occur at the death of a caliph and a man of the people of Medina will come flying forth to Mecca. Some of the people of Mecca will come to him, bring him out against his will and swear allegiance to him between the Corner and the Maqam. An expeditionary force will then be sent against him from Syria but will be swallowed up in the desert between Mecca and Medina. When the people see that, the eminent saints of Syria and the best people of Iraq will come to him and swear allegiance to him between the Corner and the Maqam.
                          Then there will arise a man of Quraysh whose maternal uncles belong to Kalb and send against them an expeditionary force which will be overcome by them, and that is the expedition of Kalb. Disappointed will be the one who does not receive the booty of Kalb. He will divide the property, and will govern the people by the Sunnah of their Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and establish Islam on Earth. He will remain seven years, then die, and the Muslims will pray over him.

Book 36, Number 4276A:
                          AbuIshaq told that Ali looked at his son al-Hasan and said: This son of mine is a sayyid (chief) as named by the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), and from his loins will come forth a man who will be called by the name of your Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and resemble him in conduct but not in appearance. He then mentioned the story about his filling the earth with justice.

Book 36, Number 4277:
                          The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man called al-Harith ibn Harrath will come forth from Ma Wara an-Nahr. His army will be led by a man called Mansur who will establish or consolidate things for Muhammad's family as Quraysh consolidated them for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). Every believer must help him, or he said: respond to his sermons.

And Allah (swt) knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalim:
                            [b]
                            • Is Quran silent on coming of Imam Mahdi, or is our translation forcing it to keep silent? No Quran is not Silent, there are prophecies of comming of Imam Mahdi, definitely its time to review our teachings, over the span of 1400 years Islam has encrusted much dust.
                            • The term Imam (the leader) and Mahdi (Guidance) is specified by Allah for a person who is guidance for the mankind. It should be kept in mind that whoever that person could be, He couldn’t furnish guidance unless and until he receives one from Almighty Allah.

that is just your imagination, guidence to any person is not restricted to Divine communication with ALLAH ( Wahi). and Prophet Said that Allah will not Send any Wahi to any person on this Universe After Prophet Muhammad.... So the way of Wahi is end. with the finalization of Prophethood..

This meaning of Imam Mahdi narrows our choice, i.e. we cannot accept anyone as Imam Mahdi unless he claims that he is appointed by Allah (definitely he will not be elected by general election)

Now lets see if Quran has used this word anywhere and in what context.

We read in sura Al-Aambiya (21:73)

And We made them leaders, guiding (mankind) by Our Command, and We inspired in them the doing of good deeds, performing Salāt (Iqāmat-as-Salāt), and the giving of Zakāt and of Us (Alone) they were worshippers.

Allah here is telling us about the traits of Prophets, who eere the selected one, by him... not MAHDI... right..

in this chapter, after narrating some great Prophets, Allah addressed them as aaima yahdoona in this verse.

Im unable to find the exact versse, infact in full text search of Quran. i wasnt able to find "aaima yahdoona".... Remember we are talkin about prophets..
                              narrate the exact verses.

This word is plural of Imam Mahdi (aaima=imam; yahdoona=hadi/mahdi).

This verse very clearly explains that all the prophets were in fact IMAM MAHDI of their time.

IMAM or MEHDI ??? both are 2 diffrent things. Imams are subsets of Prophets .
                              DO not compare Prophets with Imams

Yet another fake idealogy presented by Qadiyanies. Why is that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) never mentioned clearly about Mehdi that he will be a prophet, and why he again n again told Muslims that there will be no prophet after me ??? This is again false and baseless idealogy...

This time you are not using the Quran in propper way. think of something else.

• As for coming of Jesus is concerned, He will not come back, Allah has declared his death in over 20 verses of Quran. (if someone wants to debate I will be happy to give references)

Jesus is dead for sure. His tomd is in the heights of kashmir. and the tomb of amina is in the valley of of swat. Extensive research has proved this fact. REsearchers have founnd his living place, and many evidences can be priveded.

More over Quran has already told us that Prophet eeesa are dead, and beleif that he will come back, is again senseless..

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited February 21, 2002).]

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                              62: 4. And HE will raise him among others of them who have not yet joined them. HE is the Mighty, the Wise.

PA yara,

I am curious as to how you interpret the above verse of Surah Al-Jummah! :~)
                              First of all, 62:4 verse isnt the same.. may be im making some mistake, please double check the refference...

This verse applies to Prophets. but remember prophethood has been detained after Prophet Muhammad (SAW)...

Quran has many mode of speaking. and here Allah is talkin about the history. this verse isnt relevent to the idea of Mehdi..

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X