Chied Minister Gujrat wants probe only for Godhra violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chied Minister Gujrat wants probe only for Godhra violence

Most of the times, I condemn Pakistani govts and army for violation of human rights of Pakistanis, Afghans and Indian Kashmiri Hindus, because it is difficult to criticize one's own country than others. I often tend to ignore abuses in other countries, as others do it a lot. But this has gone way beyond tolerance limit.

This is the worst condemnable violation of basic human rights of muslims in India. How can secularism or democracy be defended in India? What is the supreme court doing? What is Congress doing? What r media ppl doing? It is war crime that BJP is involved in.

http://news.indiatimes.com/articlesh...art_id=2765801

Modi wants probe only for Godhra violence

BHARAT DESAI

TIMES NEWS NETWORK [ MONDAY, MARCH 04, 2002 3:47:53 PM ]

HMEDABAD: The ruling BJP government in Gujarat is in no mood to extend the terms of reference of the proposed judicial inquiry commission into the Godhra train incident to its bloody aftermath all over Gujarat. Read this story in...

Hindi

A clear message to this affect had come from the Union Home Minister L K Advani in Ahmedabad on Sunday when he said that "these two are separate matters, they should not be linked together".

Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who had announced a judicial inquiry into the Sabarmati Express tragedy in Godhra on Wednesday last, is said to be looking for a retired or sitting Gujarat High Court judge to probe the matter but it has been made clear to the prospective candidates that the riots in Ahmedabad and rest of Gujarat would not be a subject of their investigation.

At least one of the judges approached by Modi is understood to have asked the chief minister clearly whether the riots after the Godhra incident would also be covered by the inquiry commission. The reply was in the negative.

Sources said that at least three judges, including a sitting judge of the Gujarat HC and a former acting chief justice of the Bombay High Court had been approached for the probe and the announcement is likely to be made later this week.

Sources said that while the Godhra incident was best investigated by the police and other agencies to look at the aspect of whether the incident was pre-meditated, there was a need for a thorough probe into the bloody aftermath. Aspects like the BJP’s support to the VHP’s bandh on Thursday, the soft approach towards the rioters on the first two days and the slugging reaction of the entire administration were best probed by the judiciary .

And that’s precisely why the Modi government does not want an all-encompassing judicial probe to open a can of worms which will explode in its face. However, the judicial intervention is likely sooner than later in the form of public interest litigations which may also call for a full-scale probe.

[This message has been edited by FreeMind (edited March 04, 2002).]

Ibrahim says : Greetings of Peace to one and all

I am on the road and have little time for this or any other thread as such have not been posting lately,

but this is immportant and may need more input and further investigation to get to the bottom of this.

There is no reason why a minority would attack a majority, unless provoked or forced into.

Regards
    Ibrahim

fwding:-

From "Dr. Abdulazeez Abdulraheem"
    [email protected]

The tragic incident of Sabarmati Express that occurred at about 1 km away from Godhra railway station has thrown a question mark to those people who claim to be secular or liberal. Many aspects & facts have been ignored & which I would like to bring to your notice.Compartment no S-6 two other
    compartment of the Sabarmati Express was carrying the kar sevaks of the V.H.P. And it was due to these kar kevaks from Compartment no S-6 that the incident occurred. The actual story didn't start from Godhra as being told
    everywhere but it started from a place from Daahod 75 km before Godhra railway station. At about 5:30 to 6:00 am the train reached Daahod railway station. These kar sevaks, after having tea & snacks at the railway
    stall, broke down the stall after having some argument with the stall owner and they processed back to the departing train. The stall owner then filed an NC against kar sevaks at the local police station about the above incident.

Then about 7:00 to 7:15 am the train reached Godhra railway station. All the kar sevaks came out from their reserved compartments and started to have tea and snacks, at the small tea stall on the platform, which was being run by an old bearded man from the minority community. There was a servant helping
    this old man in the stall. The kar sevaks on purpose argued with this old man and then bate him up & pulled his beard. This was all planned to humiliate the old man since he was from the minority community. These
    kar sevaks kept repeating the slogan, "Mandir ka nirmaan karo, Babar ki aulad
    ko bahar karo". (Start building the Mandir and throw the sons of Babar i.e. the Muslims out of the country.) Hearing the chaos, the daughter (16) of the old man who was also present at the station came forward and tried to save her father from kar kevaks. She kept pleading and begging to them to
    stop beating her father and leave him alone. But instead of listening to her woes, the kar kevaks lifted the young girl and took her inside their compartment (S-6) and closed the compartment door shut. The train started
    to move out of the platform of Godhra railway station. The old man kept banging on the compartment doors and pleaded to leave his daughter. Just before the train could move out completely from the platform, two stall vendors jumped into the last bogey that comes after the guard cabin. And with the intention
    of saving the girl they pulled the chain and stopped the train. By the time the train halted completely, it was 1 km away from the railway station.

These two men then came to the bogey in which the girl was and started to bang at the door and requested the kar sevaks to leave the girl alone. Hearing all these chaos, people in the vicinity near to the tracks started
    to gather towards the train. The boys and the mob (that also included women) that had now gathered near the compartment requested the kar sevaks to return the girl back. But instead of returning the girl, they started
    closing their windows. This infuriated the mob and they retaliated by pelting stones at the compartment. The compartment-adjoining compartment S-6 on both sides contained kar sevaks of the V.H.P. these kar sevaks were
    carrying banners that had long bamboo stick attached to them. These kar sevaks got down and started attacking with bamboo sticks on the bob gathered to save the girl. These was like adding insult to injury for the crowd
    gathered and their anger was now uncontrollable. The crowd started to bring
    diesel and petrol from trucks and rickshaws standing at the garages Signal Fadia (a place in Godhra) and burnt down the compartment. They didn't bring the fuel from any petrol pump as being reported everywhere nor was this act of burning pre-planned as being mentioned by many people but it happened
    all of a sudden out of sheer frustration and anger. After hearing about this incident, member of V.H.P. living in that area started burningi down the garages in Signal Fadia, they also burnt down Baddshah Masjid, at Shehra Bhagaad (small area in Godhra). Reliable resources have reported all these
    information and facts to their information and me can't be doubted. I would also mention my sources namely Mr. Anil Soni and Neelam Soni (reporters of Gujarat Samachar Newspaper and also member of P.T.I. & A.N.I.) have worked hard to dig the true facts and they duly deserve words of appraisal for their hard work. Mr. Soni's mobile number is 009825038152. Res. Tel. no. 02672-43153 & Off. Tel no. 02672-43152 Fax no. 2672-45999. Due to no proper substantial and circumstantial evidence and the late arrival of the Police at the scene of crime frustrated the Police. Which resulted in
    harassment and arrests of innocent local people living in Godhre.

Furthermore the police started blaming the Mayor of Godhra, Mr. Ahmed Hussain Kalota for this incident. Mr. Kalota who is the member of the Indian National Congress is also a lawyer. This blaming on Congressmen
    was also done to humiliate, defame and demoralize the Congress. The V.H.P.'s
    plan is to weaken the country by planning internal conflicts between communities and bring a backwardness of 100 years in the country. Sorry to say but they are carrying out their plans successfully without the fear of being stopped by anyone. No one but only the innocents will have to bear the
    consequences of their plans. It is our humble request and prayers to all the members of Parliament along with the Prime Minister, and the entire media > > > circle to try and > > stop > > > the sparks of a fire to gulp
    down the whole county in flames to > > > take > some > > > action against the kar sevaks of the V.H.P. before they get out > > > of hand > > > and stop harassing the innocents and catch the real miscreants and > > > culprits.

Comment

FreeMind, take a note. You will find fanatics in every religion. So, is the case with region, race and countries.

Simple

*You can hide and elimiate the truth but can never eliminate it*

Comment

Originally posted by FreeMind:
        I often tend to ignore abuses in other countries, as others do it a lot. But this has gone way beyond tolerance limit.
        Yeah yeah we know we know take your secular crap to where it belongs the land of milk and honey the one u was so proud of few weeks back. And dont post this in religious group.

Comment

religen will destroy southasia since for the first time physics and primitive instincts
          are converging.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
            Yeah yeah we know we know take your secular crap to where it belongs the land of milk and honey the one u was so proud of few weeks back. And dont post this in religious group.
            i am still proud of Indian secular constitution, It is just the state machinery which is at fault.

And I will post wherever i want. It is not ur father's property

Comment

i am still proud of Indian secular constitution, It is just the state machinery which is at fault.

And I will post wherever i want. It is not ur father's property
              Yeah thats true Indian constitution good on paper only. And yes its not my fathers property and neither your mama brought this in dowry.

Comment

Yeah thats true Indian constitution good on paper only. And yes its not my fathers property and neither your mama brought this in dowry.
                no my mama brought in dowry, unlike ur mother, whom u sold to Uncle Sam for 10 bucks.

Comment

no my mama brought in dowry, unlike ur mother, whom u sold to Uncle Sam for 10 bucks.

Unlike yourself we bad Pakis are not pimps and If this is what your mama brought in dowry given your customs you must be cheap pimps.

Comment

Unlike yourself we bad Pakis are not pimps and If this is what your mama brought in dowry given your customs you must be cheap pimps.
                    No, not all Pakistanis. Just u, ur SOB in GHQ, and his all supporters r the political pimps of their motherland.

Comment

No, not all Pakistanis. Just u, ur SOB in GHQ, and his all supporters r the political pimps of their motherland.

Did your mama tell you we are pimp if she did then she must be in business

Comment

y not u ask ur mama about it? Oh i forgot, she is in white house. sorry

Comment

y not u ask ur mama about it? Oh i forgot, she is in white house. sorry

I'd rather ask yours since she is serving your favourite democracy (haha) in the neighbourhood.

Comment

Working...
                          X