Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Islamic punishment for Celebrating Basant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the Islamic punishment for Celebrating Basant?

Basant is by any standards a Pagan Festival where you celebrate spring by dancing in public(Men and WOmen), flying kites and much more.
    In parts of India you may feel you are watching MTV orgies

I was very concerned when I heard that it is celebrated in Pakistan.

What is the ideal punishment for such people?

Make them color blind?

Make them share the same planet as you, Andhra dear! That oughta fix them up.

Comment

>>Make them share the same planet as you, Andhra dear! That oughta fix them up.<<

Me? I am Indian
      I think you are too!!

Comment

the islamic punishment is to sacrifice a wealthy brahmin, process the meat into burger patties and then serve with salad and mayo to poor Dalits in India.

Comment

Well spoken. Now a Brahmin is one who always speaks the truth however unpalatable it is.
          Since you consistenly do so Xtreme Bhai, I recommend you as a Brahmin!!

Comment

I find it strange that most of the Muslims that come from India have a very strange perpective of Islam. As if they dont really know what it means. They are still somewhat involved in the caste system and also have adopted the various Hindu cultural traditions in their lives. And on top of that they brag they are are indian; as if being a Pakistani is a bad thing or as if they have to defend themselves.
            "Don't guess a person's character on his present situation because time has the power
            to change an ordinary coal into a precious diamond"

Comment

Isn't Basant as big for Punjabis as it is for Mohajirs?

Comment

Originally posted by fayax:
                I find it strange that most of the Muslims that come from India have a very strange perpective of Islam. As if they dont really know what it means. They are still somewhat involved in the caste system and also have adopted the various Hindu cultural traditions in their lives. And on top of that they brag they are are indian; as if being a Pakistani is a bad thing or as if they have to defend themselves.
                Dear can u tell me what are those strange perspective??? Tell me facts !!!!
                I am really curious !!!

Now talking about caste system!!!! Dont tell me its not in pakistani culture..I had a post aboyt that and every one agress about it. Tell me how many people in pakistan marry in another castes!!!!!!
                Give ma break!!!

Yes...We brag not becouse being pakistani is bad.but becouse we are proud of it. We are not escpaist like many of you who scaped mosque and their forfathers Graves in 1947 !!!!!
                Moreover what do u expect live in India and call themselves pakistani!!!!!

Huhhh Typical Pakistani style of bragging !!!!

------------------
                Jiyo Aur Jeene Do!!!

Comment

Dear Freinds !!!
                  why dont u all answer Andhra in light of Quran and Sunnah !!! He has a question!!!!
                  Well I cant answer becouse I am indian Muslim who is almost Hindu(As many of u think)....

--Aftab

------------------
                  Jiyo Aur Jeene Do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                    Isn't Basant as big for Punjabis as it is for Mohajirs?
                    That is true Andhra. I will definately agree to that. And it is a cross cultural influence. It happens all the time and no one person is to blame. I am not saying that flying a kite is wrong. All I am saying is that if Islam is what you believe in, then certain celebrations are to be avoided. If you are an avid kite flyer, more power to you. I guess if I enjoyed flying a kite I would do it quite often and even on the Basant day if I had the time.

[This message has been edited by fayax (edited February 18, 2002).]
                    "Don't guess a person's character on his present situation because time has the power

Comment

Originally posted by andha_qanoon:
                      [BNow talking about caste system!!!! Dont tell me its not in pakistani culture..I had a post aboyt that and every one agress about it. Tell me how many people in pakistan marry in another castes!!!!!!
                      Give ma break!!!

We are not escpaist like many of you who scaped mosque and their forfathers Graves in 1947 !!!!!
                      Moreover what do u expect live in India and call themselves pakistani!!!!!

Huhhh Typical Pakistani style of bragging !!!!

[/B]
                      First of all , Paksitani dont have castes. ( Period )
                      Secondly I did not escape anything. I am a product of Pakistan.
                      Thirdly dont be Indian and then a Muslim. Be a Muslim. When someone is talking about religion that is all I am talking about. If Mulsims from a particular Nation are distorting Islam , that is wrong.
                      And Lastly : You have chip on your shoulder. Chillout!. You seem to be an Indian. Not a Muslim....lol

[This message has been edited by fayax (edited February 18, 2002).]

Comment

>>First of all , Paksitani dont have castes. ( Period ) <<

Wrong. Somebody here posted Zia is Aryan CAste!! How about Rajputs and Wadheras etc.,
                        On the Muslim side, how about Bilals?

>>Thirdly dont be Indian and then a Muslim. Be a Muslim.<<
                        Tell that to Arabians. Last count more than half a dozen of them!! They have border disputes and wars too!!

>>If Mulsims from a particular Nation are distorting Islam , that is wrong. <<

Wrong again. There can't be 'Muslims from a Particular Nation' becasue by your theory all Muslims are one nation. So say 'Muslims Distrting Islam'!!!

All I am pointing out is the hypocricy of calling yourself 'Islamic' and doing all kinds of things not sanctioned by Islam!!

Comment

First of all , Paksitani dont have castes. ( Period.

What a lie !!!! and u call urself muslim.
                          Go and see my Post titled "Caste System in Islam" on Religion forum.

Moreover you didnt answer my question that
                          "What are those strange prespective that Indian muslims have and pakistanis dont"?

yes..I am Indian first and then Muslim !!!!

Comment

Andhra what the HELL are you talking about? Bilal is just a name, in fact it is my name. Man, in your attempt to display all that is wrong with Pakistan, you're looking like an idiot. Take my advice, stick to your smilies! They make you look more cereberal if it is possible.

Talk about mouthing off without knowing your stuff! Bilals....

Comment

Originally posted by andha_qanoon:

First of all , Paksitani dont have castes. ( Period.

What a lie !!!! and u call urself muslim.

yes..I am Indian first and then Muslim !!!!
                              Well I dont have to defend what I am .
                              And if you are an indian First...then you shouldnt even call yourself a Muslim. I think you are an Idiot first.... enough said.

Comment

Working...
                              X