Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various ahadith

Amer bin Rabee'ah said that he had seen the messenger of Allah innumerable
    times cleaning his teeth with siwak* during his fasts.

Al-Bukhari

* a siwak is a twig cut from a certain kind of tree and processed for
    cleaning teeth with.

The Prophet () said:
    "In Paradise there are rooms whose outside can be seen from the inside and the inside can be seen from the outside. Allaah has prepared them for those who feed the poor, who are gentle in speech, who fast regularly and who pray at night when people are asleep."

(Reported by Ahmad 5/343; Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 2137. Al-Albaani said in his footnote, its isnaad is hasan because of other corroborating reports).

The Prophet () said: "Whoever gives food to a fasting person with which to break his fast, will have a reward equal to his, without it detracting in the slightest from the reward of the fasting person."

(Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3/171; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/451). Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: "What is meant is that he should feed him until he is satisfied." (Al-Ikhtiyaaraat al-Fiqhiyyah, p. 109).

Narrated by Anas (): "The Prophet () used to break his fast with fresh dates before praying; if fresh dates were not available, he would eat (dried) dates; if dried dates were not available, he would have a few sips of water."

Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3/79 and others. He said it is a ghareeb hasan hadeeth. Classed as saheeh in al-Irwa’, no. 922).

Helping One another

"Help one another in birr (righteousness, virtue), and taqwa (piety, fear of Allah, God-consciousness), and do not help one another in sinning and transgression. And fear and revere Allah; verily, Allah is severe in punishment." [Soorah al-Maa'idah (5):2]

Hadith Qudsi 26:
    On the authority of Abu Umamah (), who said that the Messenger of Allah () said: Allah () said:
    Truly of those devoted to Me the one I most favour is a believer who is of meagre means and much given to prayer, who has been particular in the worship of his Lord and has obeyed Him inwardly (1), who was obscure among people and not pointed our, and whose sustenance was just sufficient to provide for him yet he bore this patiently. Then the Prophet () rapped his hand and said: Death will have come early to him, his mourners will have been few, his estate scant.

(1) i.e. he has not been ostentatious in his obedience.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal and Ibn Majah). Its chain of authorities is sound.

Hadith Qudsi 27:
    On the authority of Masruq, who said:
    We asked Abdullah (i.e. Ibn Masud) about this verse: And do not regard those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead, rather are they alive with their Lord, being provided for (Quran Chapter 3 Verse 169). He said: We asked about that and the Prophet () said: Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns. So their Lord cast a glance at them (1) and said: Do you wish for anything? They said: What shall we wish for when we roam freely in Paradise where we please? And thus did He do to them three times. When they say that they would not be spared from being asked [again], they said: O Lord, we would like for You to put back our souls into our bodies so that we might fight for Your sake once again. And when He saw that they were not in need of anything they were let be.

(1) i.e. at those who had been killed in the cause of Allah.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Hadith Qudsi 28:

On the authority of Jundub ibn Abdullah (), who said that the Messenger of Allah () said:

There was amongst those before you a man who had a wound. He was in [such] anguish that he took a knife and made with it a cut in his hand, and the blood did not cease to flow till he died. Allah the Almighty said: My servant has himself forestalled Me; I have forbidden him Paradise.

It was related by al-Bukhari.

Abu Moosa Al-Ashari () reported that the messenger of Allah () said what translated means:
    " The examples of a righteous and an evil companion are those of a carrier of musk and a blower of bellows (respectively). The musk carrier may give you some as a gift; you may buy some from him; or
    (at least) a nice fragrance will reach you from his direction. The bellow-blower may burn your clothes or (at best) a bad smell will reach you from his direction. "
    [Al-Bukhari]

From Abud Dardaa (radiyallaahu' anhu ) who said that Allah's Messerger (saws) said:

There is nothing which is heavier upon the Balance than good character..

So by his character the Muslim turns enemies into friends, opponents into companions, and harsh people into those who are mild. Character is a commodity which is almost something rare amongst those who sincerely Allah alone, Who are honest and true in the worship of Lord of the Worlds. So good character refines the soul and enables that:

Reported by Ahmad (6/446 and 448), Aboo Daawood (Eng. Trans. 3/ 1344 no. 4781) and others and its chain of narration is saheeh.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: "If people witness injustice and do not remove it, then a punishment from Allah is bound to befall them all."

[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

Sahih al-Bukhari

Volume # 2
    Hadith # 73

Narrated by: Anas bin Malik (RA)

Eating dates before going for 'Id prayer

Allah's Apostle (SAW) never proceeded (for the prayer) on the Day of
    'Id-ul-Fitr unless he had eaten some dates. Anas (RA) also narrated:
    The Prophet (SAW) used to eat odd number of dates.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Sahih al-Bukhari
    Volume # 2
    Hadith # 149

Narrated by: Ibn Umar (RA)

Keys of the unseen knowledge

Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, "Keys of the unseen knowledge are five
    which nobody knows but Allah . . . nobody knows what will happen
    tomorrow; nobody knows what is in the womb; nobody knows what he will
    gain tomorrow; nobody knows at what place he will die; and nobody
    knows when it will rain."

Volume 3, Number 275:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "A time will come when one will not care how one
    gains one's money, legally or illegally."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 205:
    Narrated Ali ibn Talq:

The Apostle of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

When any of you breaks wind during the prayer, he should turn away
    and perform ablution and repeat the prayer.

(Sunan Abu-Dawud)

Comment

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Woe to the one
      who speaks and tells a lie in order to make the people
      laugh at it. Woe to him. Then again, woe to him."
      This was recorded by Abu Dawud, al-Tirmidhi and al-
      Nasal with a good chain.

------------------
      "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khair

Comment

Wa Iyyakum

Sahih Muslim - Book 20, Number 4665:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Mas'ud al-Ansari who said: A man came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: My riding beast has been killed, so give me some animal to ride upon. He (the Holy Prophet) said: I have none with me. A man said: Messenger of Allah, I can guide him to one who will provide him with a riding beast. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who guides to something good has a reward similar to that of its doer.

Number 294:
          Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As
          The Messenger of Allah (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

The time of the noon prayer is when the sun passes the meridian and a
          man's shadow is the same (length) as his height, (and it lasts) as
          long as the time for the afternoon prayer has not come; the time for
          the afternoon prayer is as long as the sun has not become pale; the
          time of the evening prayer is as long as the twilight has not ended;
          the time of the night prayer is up to the middle of the average
          night, and the time of the morning prayer is from the appearance of
          dawn, as long as the sun has not risen; but when the sun rises,
          refrain from prayer, for it rises between the horns of the devil.

(Sahih Muslim)

Volume 3, Number 633:

Narrated Abu Salama:
          That there was a dispute between him and some people (about a piece
          of land). When he told 'Aisha about it, she said, "O Abu Salama!
          Avoid taking the land unjustly, for the Prophet(salla lahu alayhi wa
          sallam) said,

'Whoever usurps even one span of the land of somebody, his neck will
          be encircled with it down the seven earths."

(Sahih Bukhari)

------------------

Comment

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (may Allah's Blessings and Peace be upon him) said to Bilal:

"Tell me, Bilal, of your most hopeful action since your acceptance of Islam because I have heard the echo of your footsteps in Paradise in front of me?"

Bilal replied: "I do not consider any of my actions more hopeful (of acceptance from Allah) than that whenever I have made my ablutions (wudu) during the day or night I have each time offered by way of prayer that which Allah has made easy for me."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Anas, radhiallahu `anhu (r.a.), reported:

Messenger sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam (s.a.w) said:

When someone asks Allaah (three times) to let him into the Jannah, the
            Jannah says: ‘O Allaah, let him into his Jannah?’ And when someone asks
            Allaah (three times) to shelter him from the Fire, the Fire says: ‘O Allaah,
            protect him from the Fire’.”

[At-Tirmidhee, an-Nasaa’ee, and al-Haakim; Saheeh al-Jaami` by al-Albaanee no. 6275]

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities
            will taste the sweetness of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything
            else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism) after Allah has brought
            (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire."

(Sahih Bukhari: volume 1,book 2,number 20)

Comment

Sahih Al-Bukhari - 3.673:

Narrated An-Nu`man bin Bashir:

The Prophet said, "The example of the person abiding by Allah's order and restrictions in comparison to those who violate them is like the example of those persons who drew lots for their seats in a boat. Some of them got seats in the upper part, and the others in the lower. When the latter needed water, they had to go up to bring water (and that troubled the others), so they said, 'Let us make a hole in our share of the ship (and get water) saving those who are above us from troubling them. So, if the people in the upper part left the others do what they had suggested, all the people of the ship would be destroyed, but if they prevented them, both parties would be safe."

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (may Allah's Blessings and Peace be upon him) said to Bilal:

"Tell me, Bilal, of your most hopeful action since your acceptance of Islam because I have heard the echo of your footsteps in Paradise in front of me?"

Bilal replied: "I do not consider any of my actions more hopeful (of acceptance from Allah) than that whenever I have made my ablutions (wudu) during the day or night I have each time offered by way of prayer that which Allah has made easy for me."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Any woman who puts on perfume then passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance, is an adulteress.”
              (Bukhari)

Anas, radhiallahu `anhu (r.a.), reported:

Messenger sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam (s.a.w) said:

When someone asks Allaah (three times) to let him into the Jannah, the
              Jannah says: ‘O Allaah, let him into his Jannah?’ And when someone asks
              Allaah (three times) to shelter him from the Fire, the Fire says: ‘O Allaah,
              protect him from the Fire’.”

[At-Tirmidhee, an-Nasaa’ee, and al-Haakim; Saheeh al-Jaami` by al-Albaanee no. 6275]

Number 4069:

Abu Huraira reported that Sulaiman b. Dawud said: I will certainly
              have intercourse with seventy wives during the night, and every wife
              amongst them will give birth to a child, who will fight in the cause
              of Allah. It was said to him: Say:" Insha' Allah" (God willing), but
              he did not say so and forgot it. He went round them but none of them
              give birth to a child except one woman and that too was an incomplete
              person. Upon this Allah's Messenger (salla llahualayhi wa sallam)
              said:

If he had said "Insha' Allah." he would not have failed, and his
              desire must have been fulfilled.

(Sahih Muslim)

Volume 2, Number 340:
              Narrated Anas: The Prophet (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam)said,

"A Muslim whose three children die before the age of puberty will be
              granted Paradise by Allah due to his mercy for them."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Volume 2, Number 341:
              Narrated Abu Sa'id: The women requested the Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam), "Please fix a day for us." So the Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) preached to them and said, "A woman whose three children died would be screened from the Hell Fire by them," Hearing that, a woman asked, "If two died?" The Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa slalam) replied, "Even two (would screen her from the (Hell) Fire. " And Abu Huraira added, "Those children should be below the age of puberty. "
              (Sahih Bukhari)

Number 4752:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that Allah's Messenger (salla llahu alayhi wa
              sallam) prohibited the eating of all fanged beasts of prey, and all
              the birds having talons.

(Sahih Muslim)

Volume 1, Number 705:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
              I saw Allah's Apostle(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) opening the
              prayer with the Takbir and raising his hands to the level of his
              shoulders at the time of saying the Takbir, and on saying the Takbir
              for bowing he did the same; and when he said, "Sami a-l-lahu Liman
              hamida ", he did the same and then said, "Rabbana wa laka-l-hamd."
              But he did not do the same on prostrating and on lifting the head
              from it."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 1245:

Narrated AbuHurayrah
              Allah's Apostle (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying:

He who alleviates the suffering of a brother from the affections of
              the world, Allah will alleviate his affections from the sufferings of
              the Day of Resurrection. He who finds relief for one who is hard
              pressed, Allah will make things easy for him in the Hereafter, and he
              who conceals (the faults) of a Muslim, Allah would conceal his faults
              in the world and in the Hereafter. Allah is at the back of a servant
              so long as the servant is at the back of his brother. He who treads
              the path in search of knowledge, Allah will make that path easy,
              leading to Paradise for him and those persons who assemble in one of
              the houses of Allah (mosques), recite the Book of Allah and learn and
              teach the Qur'an (among themselves). There will descend upon them
              tranquillity, mercy will cover them, the angels will surround them
              and Allah will mention them in the presence of those near Him. He who
              is slow-paced in doing good deeds, his (long) descent does not make
              him go ahead.

(Sahih Muslim)

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities
              will taste the sweetness of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything
              else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism) after Allah has brought
              (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire."

(Sahih Bukhari: volume 1,book 2,number 20)

------------------

Comment

Abu Hurairah (RAA) reported that the messenger of Allah (SAW) said what
                translated means:

"Keep away from suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales.
                Do not seek out (what people try to hide about themselves)! Do not spy! Do not bid out one another (in financial transactions)! Do not envy one another! Do not hate one another! Do not turn your backs to one another (break ties with one another)! Be, Oh Allah's
                servants, brothers!"

Al-Bukhari

The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: "One's knowledge that he acquires and then spreads, is among the believer's good deeds and righteous work that will follow him." (meaning, will continually be added to his book of records after his death.)
                [Ibn Majah, AL-Bayhaqi]

Abdullah ibn Umar reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) rose above the podium and then heralded with a loud voice: "O those who have embraced Islam with only their tongue, while emaan has not yet entered their hearts, neither harm muslims, nor mock them, neither try to expose their mistakes, for he who follows (or searches for) the errors of his brother (so that he opposes him), Allah will follow his errors, and he whom Allah follows his errors, he will expose him even if he was in the middle of his home.
                [Sahih Al-Jami]

Huthayfa reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: "By whom my soul is in His hands, you will enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, or Allah will send a punishment on you from Him, and then you will invoke Him and He will not accept (your invocation/supplication).
                [Sahih Al-Jami]

Sahih Muslim Volume 3, Book 39, Number 513: (Translator: Abdul Hamid Siddiqui)

Book 1, Number 0164:

It Is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him), observed: He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise. A person (amongst his hearers) said: Verily a person loves that his dress should be fine, and his shoes should be fine. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: Verily, Allah is Graceful and He loves Grace. Pride is disdaining the truth (out of self-conceit) and contempt for the people.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 557: (Translator: M. Muhsin Khan)

Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "The poor person is not the one who goes round the people and ask them for a mouthful or two (of meals) or a date or two but the poor is that who has not enough (money) to satisfy his needs and whose condition is not known to others, that others may give him something in charity, and who does not beg of people."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 470: (Translator: M. Muhsin Khan)

Narrated Aisha:

A man said to the Prophet (p.b.u.h), "My mother died suddenly and I thought that if she had lived she would have given alms. So, if I give alms now on her behalf, will she get the reward?" The Prophet (p.b.u.h) replied in the affirmative.

------------------

Comment

Sahih Muslim- Book 20, Number 4493:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Behold! the Dispensers of justice will be seated on the pulpits of light beside Allah, on the right side of the Merciful, Exalted and Glorious. Either side of the Being is the right side both being equally meritorious. (The Dispensers of justice are) those who do justice in their rules, in matters relating to their families and in all that they undertake to do.

The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: "No muslim will perform a supplication that neither entails a sin, nor cutting the relations of the womb, but Allah will give him one of three- He will either give him what he asks for sooner, or He will keep it for him for the last life, or He will avert a harm that is equal in proportion from touching him."
                  [Al-Mishkat]

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 71: (Translators: M. Muhsin Khan)

Narrated Muawiya:

I heard Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) saying, "If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion. I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. (And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah's teachings strictly and they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah's order (Day of Judgment) is established."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 654: (Translators: M. Muhsin Khan)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Yazid Al-Ansari:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) forbade robbery (taking away what belongs to others without their permission), and also forbade mutilation (or maiming) of bodies.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 551: (Translators: M. Muhsin Khan)

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Allah will say to that person of the (Hell) Fire who will receive the least punishment, 'If you had everything on the earth, would you give it as a ransom to free yourself (i.e. save yourself from this Fire)?' He will say, 'Yes.' Then Allah will say, 'While you were in the backbone of Adam, I asked you much less than this, i.e. not to worship others besides Me, but you insisted on worshipping others besides me.'"

Volume 6, Number 496:

Narrated Ibn Abbas
                  The Prophet(sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) went out towards Al-Batha'
                  and ascended the mountain and shouted,

"O Sabahah!" So the Quraish people gathered around him. He said, "Do
                  you see? If I tell you that an enemy is going to attack you in the
                  morning or in the evening, will you believe me?"

They replied, "Yes." He said,

"Then I am a plain warner to you of a coming severe punishment."

Abu Lahab said, "Is it for this reason that you have gathered us? May
                  you perish!"

Then Allah revealed: "Perish the hands of Abu Lahab!"

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 5618:
                  Abu Qatada reported Allah's Messenger (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam)
                  as saying:

The good vision are from Allah and the evil dreams are from the
                  satan. If one sees a dream which one does not like, one should spit
                  on one's left side and seek the refuge of Allah from the satan; it
                  will not do one any harm, and one should not disclose it to anyone
                  and if one sees a good vision one should feel pleased but should not
                  disclose it to anyone but whom one loves.

(Sahih Muslim)

Volume 7, Number 773:
                  Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Allah's Apostle(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) cursed those men who
                  are in the similitude (assume the manners) of women and those women
                  who are in the similitude (assume the manners) of men.

(sahih Bukhari)

Volume 3, Number 750:
                  Narrated Abu Huraira:

Whenever a meal was brought to Allah's Apostle (salla llahu alayhi wa
                  sallam), he would ask whether it was a gift or Sadaqa (something
                  given in charity). If he was told that it was Sadaqa, he would tell
                  his companions to eat it, but if it was a gift, he would hurry to
                  share it with them.

(Sahih Bukhari)
                  Volume 1, Number 27:
                  Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A person asked Allah's Apostle(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) . "What (sort of) deeds in or (what qualities of) Islam are good?"

He replied, "To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 6802:
                  Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) as
                  saying:

He who would get into Paradise (would be made to enjoy such an
                  everlasting) bliss that he would neither become destitute, nor would
                  his clothes wear out, nor his youth would decline.

(sahih Muslim)

Volume 6, Number 305:
                  Narrated Abdullah bin Umar:

We used not to call Zaid bin Haritha the freed slave of Allah's
                  Apostle except Zaid bin Muhammad till the Qu'anic Verse was revealed:

"Call them (adopted sons) by (the names of) their fathers. That is
                  more than just in the Sight of Allah." (33.5)

(Sahih Bukhari)

Volume 6, Number 419:
                  Narrated Jubair bin Mutim:

I heard Allah's Apostle (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam)saying,

'I have several names: I am Muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am Al-Mahi
                  with whom Allah obliterates Kufr (disbelief), and I am Al-Hashir
                  (gatherer) at whose feet (i.e. behind whom) the people will be
                  gathered (on the Day of Resurrection), and I am Al-Aqib (i.e. who
                  succeeds the other prophets in bringing about good)."

(sahih Bukhari)

------------------

Comment

Dear brothers and sisters;

It is important to remember that we will only benefit from our optional good deeds if we comply with the obligatory pillers of islam.

Imam Jafer al-Sadiq (as) said that Optional prayers will only be accepted if Compulsory prayers are performed.

Similarly, in order to benefit from any good additional good deeds, it is vital that we keep up our compulsory actions such as prayers, fasting, zakat, and Hajj (if Allah (swt) so wills).

------------------
                    We, Ahlul Bayt (chosen descendants of the Holy Prophet), hold such central and balancing position in religion that those who are deficient in understanding and acting upon its principles, will have to come to us for reformation, and those who are overdoing it have got to learn moderation from us.

- Imam Ali (as)

Comment

Sahih Muslim - Book 32, Number 6192:

Ibn Dinar reported that a desert Arab met Abdullah b. 'Umar on the way to Mecca. 'Abdullah greeted him and mounted him upon the donkey on which he had been riding and gave him the turban that he had on his head. Ibn Dinar (further) reported: We said to him ('Abdullah b. 'Umar): May Allah do good to you, these are desert Arabs and they are satisfied even with meagre (things). Thereupon Abdullah said: His father was loved dearly by 'Umar b. Khattib and I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The finest act of goodness on the part of a son is to treat kindly the loved ones of his father.

Sahih Al-Bukhari - 8.72:

Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle was neither a Fahish (one who had a bad tongue) nor a Sabbaba (one who abuses others) and he used to say while admonishing somebody, "What is wrong with him? May dust be on his forehead!"ţ

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 13, Number 51: (Translators: M. Muhsin
                      Khan)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand
                      at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the
                      persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their
                      arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the
                      earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The
                      one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a
                      chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for
                      Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the
                      Khutba."

Sahih Muslim Book 27, Number 5600: (Translators: Abdul Hamid Siddiqui)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who is presented with a flower should not reject it, for it is light to carry and pleasant in odour.

Sahih Muslim Book 30, Number 5794: (Translators: Abdul Hamid Siddiqui)

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was neither very conspicuously tall nor short-statured, and his color was neither glaringly white nor brown; his hair was neither very curly nor very straight; Allah commissioned him (as a Prophet) when he had reached the age of forty years, and he stayed in Mecca for ten years and for ten years in Medina; Allah took him away when he had just reached the age of sixty, and there had not been twenty white hair in his head and beard.

------------------

Comment

Hadith Qudsi 1:
                        On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu anhu), who said that
                        the Messenger of Allah (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His
                        book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn
                        Majah).

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
                        inshaAllah you are in the very best of health and imaan

Number 6721:
                        Abdullah said that five signs have (become things) of the past (and
                        have proved the truth of the Holy Prophet): (Enveloping) by the
                        smoke, inevitable (punishment to the Meccans at Badr), (the victory
                        of) Rome, (violent) seizing (of the Meccans at Badr) and (the
                        splitting up of) the Moon.

(Sahih Muslim)

------------------

Comment

Hadhrat Jaabir (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The distinguishing factor between kufr and Imaan is the deliberate neglect of Salaat."(Muslim).

------------------

Comment

Is there any lesson or direct saying from the Hadiths (Mubarakah) which tell us to leave any optional Islamic practices behind (or not to practice them) where unionizing of Muslims is under question?

Comment

Malik's Muwatta Volume 1, Book 2, Number 40: (Translators: A Abdarahman and
                              Y Johnson)

Book 47, Number 47.1.3:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Ali ibn Husayn ibn Ali
                              ibn Abi Talib that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
                              peace, said, "Part of the excellence of a man's Islam is that he leaves what
                              does not concern him."

Jabir ibn 'Abdillah stated that the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said:

"There is no person who asks Allah for anything except that Allah gives it
                              to him, or keeps away from him a similar evil, as long as he does not ask
                              for something evil or for breaking the ties of kinship". At this, a person
                              said to the Prophet (p.b.u.h): "In that case, we will ask for plenty!" the
                              Prophet (p.b.u.h) responded : "Allah (is even) more plentiful!"

Authentic narratted by al-Tirmidhi from 'Ubadah ibn Samit, as is mentioned
                              in Sahih al-Jami #5637. And Shaykh al-Albani said of it in Sahih
                              al-Tirmidhi, #2827, "It is hasan sahih (authentic)."

Safwan ibn 'Abdillah narrated: "I went to Syria and visited Abu al-Darda in
                              his home, but he was not present when I arrived. Umm al-Darda asked me, 'Are
                              you going to perform Hajj this year?' I replied that I was, so she said: 'In
                              that case, do not forget to pray to Allah for us for good, for the Prophet
                              (p.b.u.h) used to say:

"The du'a of a Muslim for his brother in his abscence is responded to. In
                              his presence there is an angel that has been assigned to him; every time he
                              makes a du'a for ihs brother with good, the angel assigned to him says,
                              'Amin. And to you the same'"

Reported by Muslim, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad, from Abu al-Darda as mentioned in
                              Sahih al-Jami #3880.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 27, Number 2: M. Muhsin Khan
                              Narrated Ibn Juraij:

Ikrima bin Khalid asked Ibn 'Umar about performing 'Umra before Hajj. Ibn
                              'Umar replied, "There is no harm in it." 'Ikrima said, "Ibn 'Umar also said,
                              'The Prophet (p.b.u.h) had performed 'Umra before performing Hajj.'"

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 439: M. Muhsin Khan

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard the Prophet(p.b.u.h) saying, "Who ever spends a couple (of objects)
                              in Allah's cause, will be called by the Gatekeepers of Paradise who will
                              say, "O so-and-so, come on!" Abu Bakr said, "Such a person will never perish
                              or be miserable' The Prophet said, "I hope you will be among such person."

Hadith - Bukhari (#86), Muslim, Tirmidhi, and Nasa'i.
                              >
                              >Barra' said, "I saw the Prophet of Allah with Hasan upon his shoulders.
                              >The Prophet was saying, 'O Allah! I love him, so You love him too.'"
                              >
                              >
                              >Hadith - Bukhari (#91) and Muslim
                              >
                              >Abu Salmah related that Abu Hurayrah said, "The Prophet of Allah kissed
                              >Hasan ibn 'Ali while Aqra' ibn Habis was sitting nearby. Aqra' said, 'I
                              >have ten children and have never kissed one of them.' The Prophet looked
                              at
                              >him and said, 'Those who show no mercy will be shown no mercy.'"
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >

Number 248
                              Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

Do not drink water in one gulp (or one breath) like a camel, but take
                              it in two or three instalments (with break for breaths); take the
                              name of Allah (i.e. recite Bismillah) when you start drinking and
                              praise Him (say Alhamdulillah) when you finish.

Transmitted by Tirmidhi.

Volume 2, Number 595:
                              Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) I said, "O
                              Allah's Apostle! We consider Jihad as the best deed."
                              The Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "The best Jihad (for
                              women) is Hajj Mabrur. "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 7008:
                              Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (salla llahu alayhi wa
                              sallam) said:

There would be written three letters k. f. r., i. e. Kafir, between
                              the eyes of the Dajjal.

(Sahih Muslim)

Volume 2 Number 440

Narrated Ibn Shihab

The funeral prayer should be offered for every child even if he were
                              the son of a prostitute as he was born with a true faith of Islam
                              (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone). If his parents are Muslims,
                              particularly the father, even if his mother were a non-Muslim, and if
                              he after the delivery cries (even once) before his death (i.e. born
                              alive) then the funeral prayer must be offered. And if the child does
                              not cry after his delivery (i.e. born dead) then his funeral prayer
                              should not be offered, and he will be considered as a miscarriage.
                              Abu Huraira, narrated that the Prophet (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam)
                              said, "Every child is born with a true faith (i.e. to worship none
                              but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism or to
                              Christianity or to Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby
                              animal. Do you find it mutilated?" Then Abu Huraira recited the holy
                              verses:

"The pure Allah's Islamic nature (true faith i.e. to worship none but
                              Allah Alone), with which He has created human beings." (30.30).

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 2233,

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: The Apostle of Allah (sallallahu
                              alayhi wa sallam) said:

By his good character a believer will attain the degree of one who
                              prays during the night and fasts during the day.

(Sunan of Abu Dawood)

Volume 7, Number 577:

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle (salla llahu alayhi wa
                              sallam) saying,

"The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise."
                              (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.)

They (the Prophet's companions) said, "Not even you, O Allah's
                              Apostle?"

He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy
                              on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that
                              are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for
                              if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an
                              evil doer, he may repent to Allah."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Volume 8, Number 326:
                              Narrated Hudhaifa:

When the Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) went to bed at night,
                              he would put his hand under his cheek and then say, "Allahumma
                              bismika amutu wa ahya," and when he got up, he would say, "Al-Hamdu
                              lil-lahi al-ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana, wa ilaihi an-nushur."

(sahih Bukhari)

Number 0942:
                              Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (salla llahu alayhi wa
                              sallam) said:

When any one of you leads the people in prayer, he should be brief
                              for among them are the young and the aged, the weak and the sick. But
                              when one of you prays by himself, he may (prolong) as he likes.

(Sahih Muslim)

Hadith Qudsi 1:
                              On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu anhu), who said that
                              the Messenger of Allah (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His
                              book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn
                              Majah).

Number 309

Narrated Abu Musa: One night a house in Medina was burnt with its
                              occupants. The Prophet (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) spoke about
                              them, saying,

"This fire is indeed your enemy, so whenever you go to bed, put it
                              out to protect yourselves."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Number 6610:
                              Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam)
                              as saying:

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: I live in the thought of My
                              servant and I am with him as he remembers Me.

(The Holy Prophet) further said: By Allah, Allah is more pleased with
                              the repentance of His servant than what one of you would do on
                              finding the lost camel in the waterless desert. When he draws near Me
                              by the span of his hand. I draw near him by the length of a cubit and
                              when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit. I draw near him by
                              the length of a fathom and when he draws near Me walking I draw close
                              to him hurriedly.

(Sahih Muslim)

Volume 1, Number 506:
                              Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) saying,

"If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath
                              in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They
                              said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That
                              is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out
                              (annuls) evil deeds."

(sahih Bukhari)

Volume 4, Number 439:
                              Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard the Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa
                              sallam) saying,

"Who ever spends a couple (of objects) in Allah's cause, will be
                              called by the Gatekeepers of Paradise who will say, "O so-and-so,
                              come on!"

Abu Bakr(radiyallahu anhu) said, "Such a person will never perish or
                              be miserable'

The Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "I hope you will be
                              among such person."

(sahih Bukhari)

Number 2003:
                              Umm Salama reported: The Messenger of Allah (salla llahualayhi wa
                              sallam)came to Abu Salama (as he died). His eyes were fixedly open.
                              He closed them, and then said: When the soul is taken away the sight
                              follows it. Some of the people of his family wept and wailed. So he
                              said: Do not supplicate for yourselves anything but good, for angels
                              say" Amen" to what you say. He then said: O Allah, forgive Abu
                              Salama, raise his degree among those who are rightly guided, grant
                              him a successor in his descendants who remain. Forgive us and him, O
                              Lord of the Universe, and make his grave spacious, and grant him
                              light in it.

(Sahih Muslim)

Number 6721:
                              Abdullah said that five signs have (become things) of the past (and
                              have proved the truth of the Holy Prophet): (Enveloping) by the
                              smoke, inevitable (punishment to the Meccans at Badr), (the victory
                              of) Rome, (violent) seizing (of the Meccans at Badr) and (the
                              splitting up of) the Moon.

(Sahih Muslim)

volume 3, Number 335:

Narrated Ata bin Yasar: I met Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As and asked
                              him,
                              "Tell me about the description of Allah's Apostle(salla llahu alayhi
                              wa sallam) which is mentioned in Torah (i.e. Old Testament.)"

He replied, "Yes. By Allah, he is described in Torah with some of the
                              qualities attributed to him in the Qur'an as follows:

'O Prophet! We have sent you as a witness (for Allah's True religion)
                              And a giver of glad tidings (to the faithful believers), And a warner
                              (to the unbelievers) And guardian of the illiterates. You are My
                              slave and My messenger (i.e. Apostle). I have named you "Al-
                              Mutawakkil" (who depends upon Allah). You are neither discourteous,
                              harsh Nor a noisemaker in the markets And you do not do evil to those
                              Who do evil to you, but you deal With them with forgiveness and
                              kindness. Allah will not let him (the Prophet) Die till he
                              makes straight the crooked people by making them say: "None has the
                              right to be worshipped but Allah," With which will be opened blind
                              eyes And deaf ears and enveloped hearts.' "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Volume 9, Number 418:
                              Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

A woman came to the Prophet(salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) and
                              said, "My mother vowed to perform the Hajj but she died before
                              performing it. Should I perform the Hajj on her behalf?" He
                              said, "Yes! Perform the Hajj on her behalf. See, if your mother had
                              been in debt, would you have paid her debt?" She said, "Yes." He
                              said, "So you should pay what is for Him as Allah has more right that
                              one should fulfill one's obligations to Him. "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Volume 8, Number 84:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam)
                              said,

"The worst people in the Sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection
                              will be the double faced people who appear to some people with one
                              face and to other people with another face."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated by Hafsah (Radhiallaho anha):
                              There are five things that Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam)
                              never abandoned: fasting the day of 'Ashurah, fasting the [first] ten [days
                              of Dhul-Hijjah],fasting three days of every month and praying two rak'ah
                              before the dawn prayer."

This is related by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X