Part II: Interpretation of Qur'anic Verses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part II: Interpretation of Qur'anic Verses

4:70. And whoso obeys ALLAH and this Messenger shall be among those on whom ALLAH has bestowed HIS blessings - the Prophets, the Truthful, the Martyrs, and the Righteous. And an excellent company are they.

And this one too! Greatly appreciate it!
    ahmadjee..

this would be 4:69 in my copies right?

What exactly did you want to know about this verse? Is there some interpretation other than the obvious that I'm missing?

------------------
    There is No Spoon
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

PA,

This verse talks about the blessing of Allah upon those who will follow/obey Him & AnHazoor (saw)!

First of the blessings mentioned is the office of prophet hood!

So, how can one say there be no prophet/Messiah/Mehdi among the followers of AnHazrat Muhammad-o-Mustafa (saw)?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

ahmadjee,

the Blessings are the ones bestowed on Prophets and truthful and martyrs and the righteous.

Hence to translate that Blessing as only Prophethood is incorrect.

It's more of an indicator of Allah's 'mercy' and 'reward' in the afterlife to those who did good.

------------------
      There is No Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
        PA,

This verse talks about the blessing of Allah upon those who will follow/obey Him & AnHazoor (saw)!

First of the blessings mentioned is the office of prophet hood!

So, how can one say there be no prophet/Messiah/Mehdi among the followers of AnHazrat Muhammad-o-Mustafa (saw)?

Holy Prophet
        said in his last sermon;

"O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no
        new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People,
        and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind
        me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah, and if
        you follow these you will never go astray."

You dare to deny this ????

------------------
        Dont think "you can" know "you can"
        .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

"Whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)" [TMQ Al-Hashr: 7].

------------------
          Dont think "you can" know "you can"
          .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

The wording used is 'among those' whom Allah has bestowed His blessings! And who are they? The prophets! The truthful! The martyrs! And the righteous!

So, how can one be among the prophets but not a prophet himself?

Others translations are not very different!

YUSUFALI: All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the sincere (lovers of Truth), the witnesses (who testify), and the Righteous (who do good): Ah! what a beautiful fellowship!

PICKTHAL: Whoso obeyeth Allah and the messenger, they are with those unto whom Allah hath shown favour, of the prophets and the saints and the martyrs and the righteous. The best of company are they!

SHAKIR: And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger, these are with those upon whom Allah has bestowed favors from among the prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the good, and a goodly company are they!
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

So, how can one be among the prophets but not a prophet himself?
              ahmadjee,

It's the similarity of the reward. One can be counted among the BLESSED of which Prophets are a part too..

It's like if I say that ahmadjee, you will be part of the group of people who have won Tamgha-e-Imtiaz and you could be a writer; but a sportsman, a scientist, and a soldier are also part of that 'group' on which the honours have been bestowed.

------------------
              There is No Spoon

Comment

PA yara,

Whoso obeyeth Allah and the messenger, they are with those unto ...
                • 1. Who do you think is addressed as the Messenger in the above quote?
                  2. Do you consider people in the Ummah of AnHazoor (saw) 'members' of the Truthful group, the Martyrs and the Rightous?

Just so you & I are on the same level before we go further!
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                  1. Who do you think is addressed as the Messenger in the above quote?
                  ahmadjee,

the 'Messenger' here is Prophet Muhammad.

2. Do you consider people in the Ummah of AnHazoor (saw) 'members' of the Truthful group, the Martyrs and the Rightous?
                  As per the verse, which is from a Surah of the Medina period.. the context is established by talking about hypocrites in 4:60 (your 4:61) and then culminates in a GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT for ALL.

The use of the word faolayika which means for those establishes that it's about a group of people.

Now ANYONE from this public can obey Allah and His Messenger and be a COMPANION IN BLESSING of the already blessed people mentioned in the verse.

------------------
                  There is No Spoon

Comment

Ammadjee;

Tui lei gay lo mo chow hai !

Comment

PA,

First, let me clarify that I do not dispute your interpretation! It is as valid as the hundreds of other interpretations of this very verse. What I do dispute is your negation to my understanding of the subject.

Second, the word we both disagree is not faolayika but the word that follows it - ma'A, which at times is synonymous to the word min' meaning sath, shamil, among, with (for example, tawafana ma'A alabrar - 3:194)! From that I interpret among the groups in blessing mentioned afterwards.

Third, wholeheartedly I consider prophethood as a blessing! And to say that their be no prophet in the greatest Ummah that deserves prophethood more than any of the like before, is depriving it of the blessing that we are taught to pray for 5 times a day! Don't you recite 'O Allah, bless Muhammad & his people, as Thou didst bless Abraham and his people - Thou art indeed the Praiseworthy, the Exalted'? ... and by all means the continuous office or prophet hood, the reformed guidance & then the emergence of the greatest prophet of all, Harzat Muhammad-o-Mustafa (saw) is considered the biggest blessing of the progeny of Hazrat Ibrahim!
                      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Ahmadjee;

Tiu lei ghe hai.

Comment

Working...
                        X