Beautiful Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Islam

If Muslims of Pakistan followed Islam almost properly, and if Pakistan was trully an almost musilm state, then a lot of Pakistan's problems would be solved.

Poverty: Islam tells muslims to give charity...if enough charity was given poverty could be minimised, or better yet, finished. Interest is haraam in Islam, I don't suppose banks would stop imposing interest!! They'd go out of business

Peace & Mercy: If peace and Mercy would be shown, then religious murders and abuse of any kind would not be seen.

Truth: There would be honest people...politicians, police, thele waale

Equality: Women would be given the respect they deserve.

Islam is beautiful , some of its "followers" are ugly .

True. I read the same in my IX class Pak. Studies text book. Any comments on how to bring about these virtues in our society?

Comment

Originally posted by Verstehen:
      True. I read the same in my IX class Pak. Studies text book.
      True as well. I read the same and was obviously mislead. Wish things were that simple. The beautiful religion cannot be implemented. Not in the present circumtances.

------------------
      So what you wanted to See good has made you blind
      And what you wanted to Be yours has made it Mine
      So don't you lock up Something that you
      Wanted to see fly
      Hands are for shaking No not tying
      I sure don't Mind a change But I fell on black Days
      How would I know That this could be My fate
      I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
      I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Asalamu Alykum,

SaNia you are soooo right and simply eloquent about what you articulated. As
        Sh.Humza yusuf hanson says that "Islam is submission to reality". As soon as we realize this, all the illusions around us just simply shatter. If Muslims practiced Islam like the people in our Prophet Muhammad (May peace and blessing be on him) time did and just truly took Our Prophet as an example than we would have no problems. Muslims have no one to blame but themselves for their current situation all over the world, this reminds me of something Malik-bin-nabi a visionary said that " Our muslim Ummah is a Moribant carcus and the west is just a scavanger feeding on it" SubhanAllah..
        Not only in Pakistan but Muslims all over the world from west africa to south-west-asia are beautiful people they just are in desperate need to wake up!!!
        JazakumAllahu Khair

Comment

Asalamu Alykum,

Our prophet (s.a.w.) may peace be on him said iam not afraid that my ummah will start worshipping some thing else but iam afraid they will start chasing wordley things.How true our prophet ( S.A.W ) may peace be on him was. In pakistan one person is driving a brand new shogan and living in a big khoti while couple of blocks away there is a person that have not got enough money for dinner.How can we call that a muslim state? There are millions of muslims today but how many of them follow the teaching of our prophet (s.a.w )may peace be on him? In today's world all we can do is hold tight to our prophet (s.a.w ) may peace be on him teacjings and try to follow islam as best we can and try to help others as much as we can and pray to ALLAH that he puts all of the muslim ummah on the right track and then we can defeat these kafar and live once again how the holy quran and the prophrt (s.a.w.) may peace be on him told us to live our life. AMIN..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Sania Saeed:
            If Muslims of Pakistan followed Islam almost properly, and if Pakistan was trully an almost musilm state, then a lot of Pakistan's problems would be solved.

I would say all problems, not few.....
            Unfortuantly , we are least bothered about Islam..

Poverty: Islam tells muslims to give charity...if enough charity was given poverty could be minimised, or better yet, finished. Interest is haraam in Islam, I don't suppose banks would stop imposing interest!! They'd go out of business

Peace & Mercy: If peace and Mercy would be shown, then religious murders and abuse of any kind would not be seen.

Truth: There would be honest people...politicians, police, thele waale

Equality: Women would be given the respect they deserve.

Islam is beautiful , some of its "followers" are ugly .

sania i agree with you..

------------------
            Dont think "you can" know "you can"
            .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
              True as well. I read the same and was obviously mislead. Wish things were that simple. The beautiful religion cannot be implemented. Not in the present circumtances.

Scratchy how can you say that this beautifual Relegion cannot be implemented?

What's the point in beauty of this Relegion if it cannot be implemented, why it is so universal, vigilant, gracful, true and still cannot be implemented in current situation.

Let me ask you, Did you ever tried to Implement the Islam Just in your life?? If you are unable to implement in your life simply, then how can it can be implemented in the world/country/home..

I beleive that it is us, who are unable to implement Islam, due to lack of faith, knowledge, propper guidence, by not reading/understanding/following Quran, and forgetting the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and lost in the all materalistic worldy desires ..

It requires to be beyond certain level to implement such a perfect relegion.

May Allah Guide us all, and give us the courage , sense , understanding to implement the ISlam.Ameen

That is all people..

------------------
              Dont think "you can" know "you can"
              .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

Islam needs some kind of revolution. President Musharaf recently gave a speech on the problems afflicting the Muslim umha. I dont think anyone would disagree with him. In my oppinion is that Islam, is in its Dark ages. So much poverty, so much corruption, so much illiteracy and ignorance. I mean how sad that most muslim countries have been left behind in almost every fild by people like the Jews and the Christian west, who once looked to us as the beakons of knowledge and refinment. All the problems in Pakistan are a result of the fallout of these problems. But I believe that Pakistan is different from the other Islamic countries. In Pakistan the govt understands the importance of Democracy, of Human Rights, of Justice, of Civil Liberties (for men and women). Although these Virtues stated above are not always implemented, atleast they are recognized as virtues.
                Most Muslim countries are ruled by Monarchs and oppresive regimes.
                Pakistans Democracy has limped along and has failed, but has always gotten up again. And its also an honor to note that we were the first country to have a woman as a leader.
                Hopefully with the return of democracy, an improvement of our economy and betterment of the education sector, Pakistan can yet be model of a truly Islamic state.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
                  Scratch, contrary to what you said above, my intention behind my comments were to invite the discussion to work on some initial and practical steps, a line of action for our society to acquire these virtues.

Comment

True. I read the same in my IX class Pak. Studies text book. Any comments on how to bring about these virtues in our society?

Start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:

Start with yourself.
                      Oh I now got what you said.

[This message has been edited by Verstehen (edited February 24, 2002).]

Comment

Scratch, contrary to what you said above, my intention behind my comments were to invite the discussion to work on some initial and practical steps, a line of action for our society to acquire these virtues.
                        Verstehen, you think there are some practical ways to acheive these objectives?!!!

I mean muslim scholars have been working on such issues for hundreds of years, what did they acheive? We are talking about a religion in which we cannot even decide on issues regarding the methods to pray; not only that, we actually fight about these things. We have like 10 different decrees for everything concerning religion.

What chance exactly do we have?

------------------
                        Wanted to see fly

[This message has been edited by Scratch (edited February 24, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by FlameZz:

Let me ask you, Did you ever tried to Implement the Islam Just in your life?? If you are unable to implement in your life simply, then how can it can be implemented in the world/country/home..

I beleive that it is us, who are unable to implement Islam, due to lack of faith, knowledge, propper guidence, by not reading/understanding/following Quran, and forgetting the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and lost in the all materalistic worldy desires ..

It requires to be beyond certain level to implement such a perfect relegion.

FlameZZy, what is beyond the certain level? Why does it have to be beyond? Why cant it be here where we are? We are only ordinary mortals, you know. At least I am. Only a human. Why are these things made so difficult to acheive?

About implementing in my own life...well... been there, done that. But since it is beyond, I just couldn't hold on to it. See I am only human. My weakness. Things should have been easier. Might give it a shot sometime later in my life again.

------------------
                          Wanted to see fly

Comment

Salaam

After reading the posts above, i have noticed that no one was actaully pointing to the root cause of the corruption that exists in the muslim world.

Some pointed thier fingers at individuals, saying if you look after yourself and practice individualustic Islam then we will return to our glorious days (of Islam).

Some pointed thier fingers at the absence of man made laws (democracy) even though Allah (swt) gave us a complete system.

Others looked at poverty, illitracy and the disgraceful treatment of women etc...

It should be understood that all of the people above who pointed out the problems faced by this Ummah of Muhammed (saw), may Allah reward you as it is an obligation upon the muslims to review political events or policies concerning the affairs of the Ummah, as the Prophet (saw) said "HE WHO WAKES UP IN THE MORNING NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE AFFAIRS OF THE MUSLIMS, HE IS NOT FROM AMONGST US (I.E. THE MUSLIMS).

When we see the unequal distrobution of wealth in our muslim land, why do we not look at the system which implements the economic policies and the system which generates wealth. OOOOPS... in actaul fact, it is the IMF and the World Bank that dictate policies to our leaders. So, when we see the poor begger in the streets of Lahore, Who is it that has been given the responsibility to provide the basic necessities of the people (muslims or non muslims)? Is it not the government? Did not the Prophet of Allah (saw) in his capacity as a ruler, provide the food, clothing and shelter when he established the Islamic state in Madinah. This is obvious, in every country the govenment organises the affairs of the people and they are responsible for:
                            The education system
                            The social order
                            The economic system
                            The political system
                            The foriegn policy
                            The penal code etc...

It is clear that when we see the disgracing of the women (who is supposed to be treated fairly and protected) we see that the media portrays the women as sex symbols and an object by which to satisfy the sexual inclination. Why is it that the corrupt system of Pakistan and the muslim world allows the broadcasting of western orientated channels.

When un-Islamic thoughts are propagated via means of media, education system etc... These ideas effect the minds of people and in turn shape thier behaviour.

These problems exist due to the absence of the Islamic Khilafah state which implemets Islam comprehensively and implements the zakaat policy, regulates the education system; teaching all subjects permited by islam i.e. science, maths, technology etc...
                            These problems existed at the time of the prophet (saw) in Madinah. The city had much instability and people were not being treated fairly. These problems were solved only when the Islamic state came into existence and when the Prophet applied Islam upon the people. People today wish to solve the problems first and then implement Islam whilst this is not consistent with the actions of the Prophet.
                            Allah (swt) says in the Quran "whatever the messenger gives you take it, whatever he forbids you abstain from it" (Surah Hashr v:7)

Salaam

Comment

Working...
                            X