Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does an 'Islamic Republic' citizen loose nationality when he gets a Passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does an 'Islamic Republic' citizen loose nationality when he gets a Passport?

Namaste
    Now since idolatory and 'graven images' are forbidden in Islam, does a citizen of an 'Islamic' Republic (Like Pakistan ) loose his citizenship when he applies for a passport?
    I mean Photographs are 'Haram' right?
    Mind you, this argument doesn't apply to Indian Muslims bcause they live in a 'Secular' republic. To put it delicately they are living among infidels!!
    Pakistanis are a different matter however. They are a self-professed 'Islamic' republic!! SO how can they encourage idolatory by putting photographs on Passports?
    Your input is appreciated regarding this grave this question!!

Andhra,, the new Pakistani passports that I have seen is photoless. They put Indian look alike photos now instead of their own. My mama looks like Sharmila Tagore, and Papa like Amithab Bachan. I personally use Mina Kumari's photo on my passport.

Comment

yeah and then they ship them out to hell aka Bharat

Comment

NYAhmadi Bhai, Thank you for alerting me to the ISI plot for incriminating Indians

sambialian!!
        >>yeah and then they ship them out to hell aka Bharat <<

DOn't forget you were all Bharatis not so long ago !!

Comment

Allah na kare yaar. Bhai kyon drate ho?

We were all Indians formerly not Bharatis. I like to think there is a difference. So humour me and go along with me, payare.

Comment

I mean Photographs are 'Haram' right?
            No Wrong. They are not 'Haram'.

------------------
            There is No Spoon
            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Yaar Sambaralian 'Bharat' isw just one more name for India!!

I am glad you acknowledged your Indian past.
              I regard you guys as brothers and I am glad to see my beothers are smart enough to dissociate themselves from India!!

Comment

Pakabroad,
                You said >>No Wrong. They are not 'Haram'.
                <<

Can you give any authorities to proove this?
                Wasn't there something about 'graven' images?

Comment

It's halaal till proven haraam.. so why don't YOU bring proof where it's declared haraam?

------------------
                  There is No Spoon
                  JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Andhra,

Please forgive my ignorance on the issue of photos being halal or haram but I can assure you that most if not all 'images' carved @ Khajuraho temples will be considered haram!

You have my word for it!
                    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Ahmedjee,
                      As you know we infidel Hindus not only accept but celebrate the temples of Khajuraho, so we don't really care if it is Halal or Haram in Islam

Coming back to photogrphs in Islam, since Pakabroad wants authorities, who better than dear departed Mullah Omar.
                      If Pakabroad says Mullah Omar was wrong in banning photographs in Afghanistan, she had better quote some authorities.

Comment

the graven images thing is from the bible

------------------
                        "If people were to know of the things I know, it would all fall apart."
                        CSM

Comment

halaal or haraam - it effects muslims so dont worry about it andhra....

and even if it is haraam, its allowed for the ID cards/passports etc....

btw, your TOPIC makes no sense....
                          next time try using a better topic that is more 'clear' and 'understandable'....

------------------
                          "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Working...
                          X