• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEDICATED TO MOLANA RUMI

f

Here is a URL to some translations:

http://www.armory.com/~thrace/sufi/poems.html

"It is said that after Muhammad and the prophets revelation does not descend upon anyone else. Why not? In fact it does, but then it is not called 'revelation.' It is what the Prophet referred to when he said, 'The believer sees with the Light of God.' When the believer looks with 'The believer sees with the Light of God.' When the believer looks with God's Light, he sees all things: the first and the last, the present and the absent. For how can anything be hidden from God's Light? And if something is hidden, then it is not the Light of God. Therefore the meaning of revelation exists, even if it is not called revelation."

Fihi ma fihi [Discourses of Rumi]
    quoted from William C. Chittick, The Sufi Path of Love:
    The Spiritual Teachings of Rumi

Comment

Assala-o-Alaikum,
      I am not writing this to discourage anyone from their literary pursuits. Simply would like to mention that the blessing of islam comes the Quran and the prophet Mohammad ( PBUH). Sufi-ism and other -isms tend to distort ( very slightly at times ) the truth and the openness Islam and hence opens the path to further [mis]interpretations. Spirituality is something that people tend to associate with religion quite often. I think otherwise.
      Islam says to educate yourself and hence you can be the best judge of some of the statements made in Quran and by the prophet (PBUH) and not depend on a "sufi's" interpretation.
      May Allah give us all the knowledge that we pursue.
      Fayax
      "Don't guess a person's character on his present situation because time has the power
      to change an ordinary coal into a precious diamond"

Comment

h

Comment

sufism is not Islam....
          Islam never preached sufism and those who follow the path and live a life in solidarity r not true followers of Islam....

Rumi was a good poet but there r doubts on his sincerity to religion....
          a scholar recently decribed rumi as a hypocrite who used the fllowing lines in his poetry (putting here the meaning only)....
          "my heart is a mosque, a temple and a church....
          i do not distinguish between religions....
          love is my religion and love is what i worship...."

the scholar said that such poetry form muslim poets takes them to KUFR....

after his lecture i asked him if he was talking about the famous Maulana Rumi and he said "yes, it is him"....

------------------
          "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

AoA, isn't maulana Rumi the guy who did the Quranic translation in urdu or something? or maybe i'm mixing him up with someone else. I thought maulana Rumi is a scholar or something...

Comment

A tribute to Rumi:- http://www.rumionfire.com/

A previous discussion on Rumi:- http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum26/HTML/004580.html

And Sufism is Islam:- http://www.arches.uga.edu/~godlas/sufismdef.html

Comment

You are OK, Abdali.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
                  sufism is not Islam....Islam never preached sufism ...
                  Rumi was a good poet but there r doubts on his sincerity to religion....

a scholar recently decribed rumi as a hypocrite who used the fllowing lines in his poetry (putting here the meaning only)....
                  "my heart is a mosque, a temple and a church....
                  i do not distinguish between religions....
                  love is my religion and love is what i worship...."
                  A literalist muslim like you will not understand Rumi and his message until you break away from the shackles of 'following sahihs' as basis of islam & quran.

Sufism is all about getting close to Allah and if that is not part of a religion then, pardon me - what is?
                  Abusing women & non-muslims!

Comment

Originally posted by logical:
                    A literalist muslim like you will not understand Rumi and his message until you break away from the shackles of 'following sahihs' as basis of islam & quran.

Sufism is all about getting close to Allah and if that is not part of a religion then, pardon me - what is?
                    Abusing women & non-muslims!
                    sufism is usually about one person leaving the world and going off to a far off place where he lives alone, away from the evils of the world trying to get close to Allah....

however this is not what Islam teaches us....
                    society is an integral part of one's life....
                    huqooq-al-ibaad (the rights of the people) r more emphasised than the huqooq-Allah (the rights of Allah) and when one leaves his family, society he is not fulfilling any of those huqooq....

and the way of getting close to Allah is thru the five prayers as He has mentioned in Quran....

the conept of monks (rahib) and all is derived rom religions like Hinduism and Buddhism....

------------------
                    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

sufism is usually about one person leaving the world and going off to a far off place where he lives alone, away from the evils of the world trying to get close to Allah....

however this is not what Islam teaches us....
                      society is an integral part of one's life....
                      huqooq-al-ibaad (the rights of the people) r more emphasised than the huqooq-Allah (the rights of Allah) and when one leaves his family, society he is not fulfilling any of those huqooq....

and the way of getting close to Allah is thru the five prayers as He has mentioned in Quran....

the conept of monks (rahib) and all is derived rom religions like Hinduism and Buddhism....

So, when Prophet Muhammed(sas) was going away to the Mt. Hira to meditate & contemplate, he was being anti-Islamic because he was being a monk. Actually, in order to find God, one has to find himself first and that can only come about by becoming quiet and focused as as in the state of meditation.

And, the Miraj which the Prophet embarked upon was really a ride on a horse-back to the seventh Heaven. Actually, the Miraj was a spiritual journey in which prophet Muhammed achieved fana/enlightenment and was chosen to receive the revelations.

[This message has been edited by logical (edited February 10, 2002).]

Comment

hhi,hh

Comment

Originally posted by logical:
                          So, when Prophet Muhammed(sas) was going away to the Mt. Hira to meditate & contemplate, he was being anti-Islamic because he was being a monk. Actually, in order to find God, one has to find himself first and that can only come about by becoming quiet and focused as as in the state of meditation.

And, the Miraj which the Prophet embarked upon was really a ride on a horse-back to the seventh Heaven. Actually, the Miraj was a spiritual journey in which prophet Muhammed achieved fana/enlightenment and was chosen to receive the revelations.

that was before he became a prophet....
                          and before the proper way of prayer (namaaz) was taught to him....
                          after the salaat (or namaz) was made compulsory and the ways of worshipping Allah made clear, the Prophet(pbuh) nor his companions follow any such sort of worship in a lonely cave....

------------------

[This message has been edited by armughal (edited February 11, 2002).]

Comment

that was before he became a prophet....
                            and before the proper way of prayer (namaaz) was taught to him....
                            Dear armughal,
                            This statement would be seen by many muslims as "Blasphemous"!

There is a Dr. Yunus Shaikh, in jail, for making a similar statement that the prophet did not become muslim until age 40 when he recd. the prophet-hood from allah. http://www.free-drshaikh.org/

I, personally, do not see anything wrong with your statement or Dr. Shaikh's but in your rush to enforce your particular views you have exceeded the boundry that your own creed has imposed upon you or, cannot blaspheme against the prophet sas!

per armughal:
                            after the salaat (or namaz) was made compulsory and the ways of worshipping Allah made clear, the Prophet(pbuh) nor his companions follow any such sort of worship in a lonely cave....
                            armughal,
                            This, of course, is your opinion, and not mine.
                            Quiet zhikr and/or meditation is usually done in the quietness of the prayer house or anyplace deemed appropriate incl. one's own home.

Comment

i did not say that the Prophet (pbuh) was not a muslim before the age of 40....
                              but the way or prayer now known as sallat was not known to him unlesss he was tauht so by the Angel Gabriel by the will of Allah....

so do not blame me falsely for something i did not say....

and u wud better know that there is a BIG differnce in praying alone in a home and praying alone in the way the sufis do....

when u pray alone at home, it is just the nafl prayers and u DO pray the FARDH prayers in the mosque....
                              sufis, on the other hand, have no touch with other people or society and hence DO NOT pray the 5 compulsary prayers in the mosque or in a group....
                              this, my dear friend, is NOT ALLOWED in Islam....

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X