An Eminent Scholar Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Eminent Scholar Passes Away

In the early hours of Friday 18 January 2002, corresponding to 04 Dhul-Qa'dah 1422AH, the Sheikh Abu Abdullah Hammoud bin Abdullah bin Uqlaa bin Muhammad bin Ali bin Uqlaa Ash-Shuaibi Al-Khalidi from Aale Jinah, from the tribe of Bani Khalid, passed away, aged 76 in the region of Qaseem of the Arabian Peninsula. His funeral prayer was conducted after Friday Prayers and was attended by thousands of people.

The blind Sheikh was foremost in speaking the truth and standing up for it.

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon .

------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Originally posted by Hasnain:
    Sheikh Abu Abdullah Hammoud bin Abdullah bin Uqlaa bin Muhammad bin Ali bin Uqlaa Ash-Shuaibi Al-Khalidi from Aale Jinah
    Ina Lillah...

Who was he? What did he do? A short biography will be helpful for the members.

ps. "Arabian Peninsula" == Saudi Arabia?

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited January 21, 2002).]

Comment

In this time of Kahat-ul-rajaal (and era when there is a decreased number of Eminent Scholars), the death of Sheikh Abu Abdullah Hammoud bin Abdullah bin Uqlaa bin Muhammad bin Ali bin Uqlaa Ash-Shuaibi Al-Khalidi is a very much loss to the Ummah and we all pray, Allah (SWT) may rest him in peace and comfort in Janah.

Comment

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon .

Comment

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon .

and yes, a little biography will be helpful.

------------------
          Guzar Ja Aaqal Say aagay Ke Yeh Nur
          Chiragh-e-Rah Hai Manzil Nahi Hai

Comment

Inna lillahi wa inna illahi raji'oon.

------------------
            Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
            "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

No one told us who the scholar was. But since someone mentioned him to be the "blind Sheikh" and Hajj is fast approaching, so I was wondering, was he the one who used to give the sermon in Arafat? I seem to remember his hajj sermons. Powerful stuff, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
                No one told us who the scholar was.

Hasnain: would you please mind telling us some short profile of Sheikh's Life?
                Thanks

Comment

Salaam

Sorry for the delay.

The Shaikh lived in Qaseem in Saudi Arabia. He was taught by some of the most renound scholars of his time, two of whom included Shaikh bin Baaz and Shaikh Uthaymeen - raheemuAllaah. It was Shaikh Uthaymeen himself who asked Shaikh Hamoud to teach the people 'Aqeedah in Qaseem.

I'm afraid the biography is a litle difficult to get a hold of in English, but if i do come across something i'll try and put it up Insha'Allaah.

Originally posted by Pristine:
                  No one told us who the scholar was. But since someone mentioned him to be the "blind Sheikh" and Hajj is fast approaching, so I was wondering, was he the one who used to give the sermon in Arafat? I seem to remember his hajj sermons. Powerful stuff, I must say.
                  I think the Shaikh you are referring to was the late Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Shaikh bin Baaz. The current Mufti, Shaikh Abdul 'Azeez 'aali shaikh is also blind and gives the Khutbah in Arafat.

regards

----------------------
                  "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Working...
                  X