Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To which RACE did Adam and Eve belong?

To which race did Adam and Eve belong?

In the days when Adam and Eve lived, there were no cameras. Ancient artists painted Adam and Eve in the skin colours of the Greek and Roman people of their time, but we do not really know what they looked like. The Bible tells us absolutely nothing of the colours of their skins. When God said that he created man according to His image he meant a being with intelligence, with a free will to serve God and to be able to live in righteousness and holiness (Genesis 1:26) and did not refer to skin colour.

The Bible teaches that all the nations of the earth are descendents of Adam and Eve Acts 17:26). Adam and Eve were from the Middle East in the Garden of Eden at the edge of the Persian Gulf. Therefore, to me, they most likely look like the rest of the people who live their today as far as colour goes which is Brown skinned. They start with brown and variations of light to dark depending on where they lived on Earth, to me is how they got different colours, but I don't understand racism, for instance, whites hating blacks, etc., when we all came from Adam and Eve - brown. There is only ONE Adam and Eve, not a black-African Adam and Eve and not a white-England-Canadian, etc, Adam and Eve. We all (every colour in the world originated from Adam and Eve, so we are all ONE RACE - The Human Race. How the differences in the appearance of the nations - the narrow eyes of the Eastern people, the red skins of the American Indians, the black skins of Africans and Indian people of India, the yellow colour of the Chinese, etc. came about, we do not know. Anthropologists (scientists who study man) say that the rays of the sun could have caused excessive pigmentation (darker skin colour) near the Equator to protect the skins. That is why the people near the North Pole are specially white. This is only a theory, but I think most likely.

Some people say that the devil is black. The devil has no skin like a human being. He is painted black because he is the chief of the powers of darkness, against the Light of God. This has nothing to do with the skin colour of people whatsoever.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GoodHeartedChic:

According to Darwin they were some sort of chimps. I kinda tend to disagree but then again..

the black skins of Africans and Indian people of India

Indians are black??? errrr can some of our indian members post their pics so I could verify. I mean some south indians are kinda dark and almost black but Indians as a whole hmmm dunno. okay nadhra, queer, ZZ shabaash post yer pics so we can show GHC that indians are not black.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

GHC, actually Adam and Eve were black. That's why some white men can jump!

As long as we are being totally culturally Insensitive with the Indian comment.....

Comment

There is no color in divine religions. Whatever was the color of Adam and Eve, it should not matter. The "racism" comes out of fear of 'someone else taking over your life" one way or the other. I beleive all discriminations are based on some kind of fear and this fear arises when you are not confident about yourself, your community etc.

Not everybody beleives that whole society originated from one pair of human being.

Also, its human tendency to save interest of your closest one. So if there is a problem between your first cousin and 'far' cousin you are more likely to help your first cousin.

First cousin is term used for immediate cousins like children of father's brother(s), sister(s) and children of mother's brother(s) and sister(s). Second or third or far cousin is term used for children of father's or mother's cousins and so on.

And if we compare along similar lines, linkage of 'cousins' between two races or nations would be very very weak, so its easy to discriminate and some people go far even to hate others.

------------------
        May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited January 07, 2002).]

Comment

Does it make any difference to the Creator? The best amongst us are those who are closest to Him and His Right Path.

------------------
          Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

What a stupid thread .... there were no races at that time. Two people on earth and your talking about race.

Ofcourse the darwin believers have a lot to argue about, they must be wondering which race of monkeys did their great great god fathers belong to.

------------------
            Its our Wits that make us MEN .... 'Braveheart'

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Fraudz:
              Originally posted by GoodHeartedChic:

According to Darwin they were some sort of chimps. I kinda tend to disagree but then again..

the black skins of Africans and Indian people of India

Indians are black??? errrr can some of our indian members post their pics so I could verify. I mean some south indians are kinda dark and almost black but Indians as a whole hmmm dunno. okay nadhra, queer, ZZ shabaash post yer pics so we can show GHC that indians are not black.
              I know all Indians are not black, some from India are like you said almost black, maybe Milk Chocolate color. Just like Africans are not JET Black, but brown-black. My husband is African-American and he isn't black like asphalt, but brown-black. People just put black with Africans because they are brownish-black.

[This message has been edited by GoodHeartedChic (edited January 07, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by LooksCanKill:
                What a stupid thread .... there were no races at that time. Two people on earth and your talking about race.
                What is stupid about the thread, race is based on color? What COLOR then were Adam and Eve, to make it simple for you.

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
                  Does it make any difference to the Creator? The best amongst us are those who are closest to Him and His Right Path.

No it doesn't make a difference to the Creator, but the main question is why does it matter to other people, when we all originated from ONE RACE and thats the RACE (or for LooksCanKill, the COLOR) of Adam and Eve, whatever color that may be.

Comment

Ibrahim says: Greetings of peace to one and all

Hi GHC, your question was answered by our Creator.

Read!

Qur’an 49: 13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

When God said that he created man according to His image he meant a being with intelligence, with a free will to serve God and to be able to live in righteousness and holiness (Genesis 1:26) and did not refer to skin colour.
                    Ibrahim says; Thank God you are Right in your understanding (Faceup seems to have problems understanding this) not in shape or color or form but in attributes.

The Bible teaches that all the nations of the earth are descendents of Adam and Eve Acts 17:26). Adam and Eve were from the Middle East in the Garden of Eden at the edge of the Persian Gulf. Therefore, to me, they most likely look like the rest of the people who live their today as far as colour goes which is Brown skinned. They start with brown and variations of light to dark depending on where they lived on Earth, to me is how they got different colours,
                    Ibrahim says: Wrong! The First creation ( Adam and Eve) were single and their color unknown , their children had variations in looks and color and as their children procreated and took to their ways , they migrated and left the family to fend for themselves, the color and looks became distinct from each other . This generation lived on this planet ( could have been millions and millions of years after the demise of Adam and Eve ( pbut) ) after which Prophet Noah (pbuh) was sent to save the God fearing amongst them and the rest were drowned and that generation wiped out for their failure to comply to God’s laws. Except the few families saved by Prophet Noah (pbuh) on the Ark

After this God, established another set of laws and reduced the size and live span of mankind for those that were saved in the Ark, and according to Hindu records ( we need to use their records since they are holding on to the remaining deviated parts and pieces of the scrolls of prophet Ibrahim and his children [pbut] ) 8 distinct families restarted our current generation. Thus our existing genes are from 8 groups of individuals with varying colors and looks. ( this had been more or less accurately proven by current scientists dealing with genes) Nevertheless we are still from one single parents as the source of the origin of mankind no matter how they may look or feel.

but I don't understand racism, for instance, whites hating blacks, etc., when we all came from Adam and Eve - brown. There is only ONE Adam and Eve, not a black-African Adam and Eve and not a white-England-Canadian, etc, Adam and Eve. We all (every colour in the world originated from Adam and Eve, so we are all ONE RACE - The Human Race. How the differences in the appearance of the nations - the narrow eyes of the Eastern people, the red skins of the American Indians, the black skins of Africans and Indian people of India, the yellow colour of the Chinese, etc. came about, we do not know. Anthropologists (scientists who study man) say that the rays of the sun could have caused excessive pigmentation (darker skin colour) near the Equator to protect the skins. That is why the people near the North Pole are specially white. This is only a theory, but I think most likely.
                    Ibrahim says. All the variations in color and looks was from Allah (swt) and Adam and Eve, was created in the color Allah (swt) chose, not brown as you have concluded by conjecture. BUT our current generation is taken from the lineage of Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) and that generation started with eight divisions so to speak and not one single parent , color or race. THey did not hate each other but as tiem passed and they disagreed and that normally leads to divisions and hatred , where color and tribe becomes a talking point.

The reason for the variation should be obvious since , we cannot all be looking alike , which means we are machines and not human beings , these variations are created by Allah (swt) so that we may know each other and enhanced by our diet, character and location .

But from assessing many scriptures and their themes I feel , these variations are due to our character in one way or another and as a trial for mankind. But Only Allah (swt) knows best but that is my calculated guess.

Regards
                    Ibrahim

For my answers to work for you, you have to duplicate the conditions experienced by me

Comment

What is stupid about the thread, race is based on color? What COLOR then were Adam and Eve, to make it simple for you.

Woooooooooo !!!! Dont count ur eggs before they hatch Chic ......

Race is based on color, quite an absurd statement .... Saudi's and Paki's have the same kind of complexions .... Are we the same race .... I guess not.

------------------
                      Its our Wits that make us MEN .... 'Braveheart'

Comment

Originally posted by LooksCanKill:
                        Woooooooooo !!!! Dont count ur eggs before they hatch Chic ......

Race is based on color, quite an absurd statement .... Saudi's and Paki's have the same kind of complexions .... Are we the same race .... I guess not.

You missed the point. Which race did Adam and Eve belong too? If they were from the Garden of Eden in the Middle East at the edge of the Persian Gulf what race would they be? Here in the US, a lot of whites assume Jesus, Adam and Eve are white and they are far from it. A lot of whites also dislike blacks, foreigners, etc. Does that mean they dislike Jesus, Adam and Eve, etc, because of the color of their skin or where they are from?

The point I'm trying to make, I guess, is myself being white and can't hate someone nor dislike them because of their color or where they are from, is how could (i.e. some whites) dislike or hate someone because of their skin colour or where they are from, etc. when we all (EVERY COLOUR) originates from the HUMAN RACE of Adam and Eve.

My dad is ashamed of me because I told him I can't dislike or not have relations with black people. He never has or never will like any race, but WHITE. He thinks Adam and Eve are white, but yet they are from the Middle East, how can that be? Wouldn't you say they were brown instead of white, like Jesus as most proclaim him as white as well? I asked my father if he would accept Jesus for the colour of his skin and he never replied.

My question is how could someone dislike someone else's colour when its a mixture of Adam and Eves colour; God created Adam and Eve along with the black man, etc., if God loves us all regardless of colour, why shouldn't we do the same? Why so much hate over colour?

[This message has been edited by GoodHeartedChic (edited January 08, 2002).]

Comment

Adam and Eve were probably from what became
                          Sumerian stock. This is in southern Iraq.

Comment

I don't know about other religions, but in Christianity, the creation story isn't accepted by all followers of the religion. The whole story of Adam and Eve isn't necessarily true. It very well may have been just a way of explaining the power of God (he creates the Earth from nothing) and simple explanations for the way things are now. Keep in mind, this story was written several thousand years ago, and science then was pretty weak. People didn't know how the Earth was formed, so they just said God made it.

My point is, that Adam and Eve didn't have a race; they probably didn't even exist.

Comment

I agree, Shelby. Only fundamentalist Christians believe in the literal translation of the Old Testament. Modern thinkers believe the stories to be allegories to explain things to the uneducated masses (which was most of humanity until recent history). They are stories inspired by God, but not the literal words of God.

Comment

Working...
                              X