Mike Tyson - the boxer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Tyson - the boxer

Did Mike Tyson really convert to Islam? I had heard many news stories about him converting which also gave his muslim name Abdul Aziz.

The other day I was watching ESPN (Sports) with some office pals diring lunch time and in the news there was Mike Tyson in a fight with some people in a public gathering - it was some function and not boxing match. During the fight, Mike exposed himself and really started cursing with most vulgar statements, so much so that his lower body and voice were censored by ESPN. And this was all recorded by TV cameras in full public view.

Either the guy has totally incontrollable anger, where he takes leave of his senses, or he has no clue on islam. Whatever the case maybe, I will still like to know, whether he is a muslim or not a muslim cz someone in my office also asked this thing from me.

Thanks

AoA, few days ago, some doctor or some therapist on CNN called him mentally sick or something similar to it. He (doctor/therapist) also stated that Tyson needs medical/mental treatment or some sort of therapy. So i guess he really does not have much control over his temper.

Comment

M. Ali, Tyson both victims of RAGE, PRIDE and an Ego Trip.
      It does get the best of you I'lll tell you that.

Its very hard to control the fire that burns within.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Courage is not the absence of fear but it is the will to go on.
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

i think he's seriously disturbed.
        but to answer your question Pristine, he is Muslim, im quite sure of that. I remember him talking about his conversion on tv a long time ago. He converted while in prison, in 1995 i think

------------------
        "If people were to know of the things I know, it would all fall apart."
        CSM

[This message has been edited by hk (edited February 05, 2002).]

Comment

Abdul Aziz is on ZOLOFT

------------------
          This Space For Rent
          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

It ain't working very well.

Comment

I saw one of his fights in which he was wearing a T-shirt with "Property of Allah" written on it

Comment

If someone like Tyson converts to Islam, maybe we should try to supress that news instead of promoting it.
                "Don't guess a person's character on his present situation because time has the power
                to change an ordinary coal into a precious diamond"

Comment

yes he is a muslim now but that did not turn him into a human

Comment

Working...
                  X