Black Black Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Black Heart

I was listening to David Usher's song at work when it hit my noggin' that I haven't prayed for 3 Fridays straight because I simply was not able to.

They say that your heart turns black when you don't pray 3 friday's.

What truth is there to it?
    My deen is intact. I stay steadfast that I believe in him and try my best to pray. Then whats with this say "your heart turns black and Allah turns away from you as you did him".

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

dude same problem with me when its jumma i have a class at university i dunno wat to do but either way i have to miss sth eaither my class or the jumma prayers .than i asked someone he gave me this answer " brother if thr is a situation wat u must do is at least go to jumma prayers some time maybe every second and than try to get help from your friends or teacher later on but it is important that u go to class too .so keep an equillibrium.but this is true that iff u dont pray for 3 jummas a black spot is added to ur heart.

Comment

For real eh Fakeer?

Anyone have any say on this or is this question/thread gonna remain unanswered.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

www.islam-qa.com would be the best to answer your question.
        I would also be interested knowing that if you find any answer.

Comment

There is consensus among all the Muslims regarding the Friday prayer
          (salat aljumu'ah) being wajib in accordance with the words of God, the Exalted:

O believers, when proclamation is made for prayer on the Day of
          Congregation (yawm aljumu'ah) hasten to God's remembrance and leave
          trading aside, (62:9)

as well as the mutawatir traditions narrated both by Shi'i and Sunni
          sources.

However, the schools of thought differ as to whether its wujub is conditional to the
          presence of the ruler or his deputy in it or if it is wajib unconditionally.

The Hanafis and the Imamis state: The presence of the ruler or his
          deputy is necessary; the Friday prayer is not wajib if neither of them is
          present. The Imamis require the ruler to be just ('adil); otherwise his
          presence is equal to his absence. To the Hanafis, his presence is
          sufficient even if he is not just.

The Shafi'is, Malikis and Hanbalis attach no significance to the
          presence of the ruler,
          . A large number of Imamis observe: In the
          absence of a ruler or his representative and the presence of a just faqih,
          there exists an option between performing either the Friday or the zuhr
          prayer, although preference lies with the performance of Friday prayer.

Therefore brother, if you follow the Hanafi or shia school of thought, u have the option of praying the zohar prayers INSTEAD OF JUMA if the place you live in is not an islamic state. This is because juma DOES NOT BECOME WAJIB unless you are living in an Islamic state led by a just Muslim leader.

However, if you follow the shafi, Hanbali, or Maliki school of thought, juma is wajib regardless of where you live. As such, you have to perform juma prayers unconditionally.

Hope this helps.

ws

Comment

i dont want to say more but coconu, prayer is something that u r not allowed to leave even at the verge of death....

dont say Islam is flexible, cuz its not when prayer is concerned....
            except for women during the periods....

and if u feel that u can leave prayer for some reason, and that also the Friday Prayer, ur heart is already DARK!!!!

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

I agree with brother armoghul. Friday prayer is very clearly made obligatory on Muslims in Ayah 62:9
              O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew!
              The ahadeeth are also very clear on it being an obligation on every Muslim. Exceptions are there, but as exceptions and not as a rule.

I shall appreciate evidence from a1shah regarding his statement about the Hanafis.

------------------
              Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Coconut: try not to miss atleast jumma prayers with jamaat. I've made a deal with my manager that on Friday, instead of taking lunch b/w 12:00 and 1:00 pm, I would take it b/w 1:00 and 2:00 pm. And my manager always respects it, he never schedules any meetings at that time. So u can tell you manager that you have to attend prayers on Friday and its necessary. He will respect it.

Comment

Armughal and Factfinder: If both agree that I have a black heart without knowing my situation then I thank you for passing judgement on me. All I can say is he knows my intentions. Although the question at hand still remains which is if 3 Fridays are missed does your heart become black and is this true?

I appreciate your input but please stick to the topic at hand and if you don't have the answer what can i say, its useful knowledge you post but not as relevant to the question.

------------------

Courage is not the absence of fear but it is the will to go on.

Comment

Brother Coco;

I think that the other brothers have mis-understood or are not familiar with the laws of fiqh from different schools.

All 5 schools of thought say that juma is wajib as per the verse in the qur'an.

However, both the Hanafi and shia schools say that juma is wajib only if there is an islamic ruler present i.e you must be living in an islamic state. As such, you can pray zohr prayers instead of juma prayers in an unislamic state ALTHOUGH PRAYING JUMA IS PREFERRED.

However, for the Shafi, Maliki, and Hanbali mazhab, juma is compulsory regardless of whether you are in an Islamic or unIslamic country.

As such brother, it depends on which school of thought u belong to.

Instead of worrying about black hearts, it would be advisable, if you are hanafi, to verify the above facts for yrself.

Again, all mazhab say that juma is wajib. It is the condition upon which juma becomes wajib that is the point of issue.

In any case, compulsory prayers should never be missed.

Hope this helps.

Allah (swt) knows Best.

[This message has been edited by a1shah (edited January 31, 2002).]

Comment

If I was a guy, I wouldn't have any qualms about missing a class to go for jumma, even an exam. I'd talk to the prof, explain etc., most of them are pretty understanding and accomadating, but even if the prof wasn't like that, i'd rather fail the exam than miss my namaaz.

But thats just me, I cant speak for anyone else but my myself.

Anyways, Kokonut, that wasn't your original question. And I dont know the specific answer to that, though fakeer is probably right.

But the first thing I thought of when I read the title of your thread, was a tape I have of one of Imam Siraj's lectures - 'Diseases of the Heart'. Let me find the link, just listen to it. Maybe it will help.

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited January 31, 2002).]

Comment

Here you go, http://www.ymuk.net/multimedia/

Its the one at the very bottom of the 'Talks and Khutbahs' list.

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:
                          If I was a guy, I wouldn't have any qualms about missing a class to go for jumma, even an exam. I'd talk to the prof, explain etc., most of them are pretty understanding and accomadating, but even if the prof wasn't like that, i'd rather fail the exam than miss my namaaz.

But thats just me, I cant speak for anyone else but my myself.

Anyways, Kokonut, that wasn't your original question. And I dont know the specific answer to that, though fakeer is probably right.

But the first thing I thought of when I read the title of your thread, was a tape I have of one of Imam Siraj's lectures - 'Diseases of the Heart'. Let me find the link, just listen to it. Maybe it will help.

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited January 31, 2002).]
                          GFQ;

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I suggest you give Coco and yourself a chance to understand the rules and regulation of the schools of thoughts that you follow.

If you belong to the Hanafi school of thought, failing an exam so as to perform juma obligations is neither sensible nor practical when you are living in a non-islamic state.

This is where it is wise for laymen to learn the rules of fiqh for the mazhab that they follow.

Islam takes the path of moderation, not extremism.

ws

------------------
                          We, Ahlul Bayt (chosen descendants of the Holy Prophet), hold such central and balancing position in religion that those who are deficient in understanding and acting upon its principles, will have to come to us for reformation, and those who are overdoing it have got to learn moderation from us.

- Imam Ali (as)

Comment

Brother Coco;

I found an article regarding hanafi law which gave the following quotation:

Hanafi Law-2 : "Juma Prayer must be conducted by a king or his representative"

Source of Hanafi Madhabi Books:

Hidhaya- Volume :1, Page : 643
                            Sarahul Vikhaya- Page : 147

I'll see if I can get more details.

Btw, do you follow the hanafi school of thought ?

ws

[This message has been edited by a1shah (edited January 31, 2002).]

Comment

I also found the following link that mentions hanafi rules regarding juma prayer:
                              http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Endless_B...Chapter_21.htm

In this article, it says that the following conditions must be in place for juma :-

The first condition is to perform the namaz in a shahr (city). A shahr is a place whose jamaat cannot be accommodated by the largest mosque. The majority of fiqh savants in the Hanafi Madhhab (rahmatullahi ta'ala 'alaihim ajmain) have agreed in this.

Also it is written in Walwalji that this inference is sahih. Also a place that has a Muslim governor or commander powerful enough to carry out the commandments of the Shariat is called a shahr. Even if he can not fulfill all the commandments of the Shariat, it will be sufficient if he can protect the people's rights and freedom, prevent faction and mischief, and can take back the rights of the oppressed from their oppressors. It is an excuse if a governor cannot have some of the fards carried out because of the government's oppression.

Please do your own due diligence on this matter.

And Allah (swt) knows Best.

ws

Comment

Working...
                              X