• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companions

May Allah (swt) guide us to the truth.

From Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 116:

Narrated Abu Wail:

When 'Ali sent 'Ammar and Al-Hasan to (the people of) Kufa to urge them to fight, 'Ammar addressed them saying, "I know that she (i.e. 'Aisha) is the wife of the Prophet in this world and in the Hereafter (world to come), but Allah has put you to test, whether you will follow Him (i.e. Allah) or her (i.e Aisha)."

and the meaning of the post is????

------------------
    This Space For Rent
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
      and the meaning of the post is????

During the battle of Jamal, the imam (as) told the people that on one side lay the way of Aisha, while on the other side lay the path of Allah (swt).

The choice of path lay with the people. As such, it is necessary on those who seek to be guided, to recognize the path leading to the truth.

ws

[This message has been edited by a1shah (edited January 15, 2002).]

Comment

From Sahih Muslim;
        http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...m/031.smt.html

Book 031, Number 5916:

Sa'd reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying to 'Ali: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses?

The holy qur'an says;

[Yusufali 20:29] "And give me a Minister from my family,.......
        [Yusufali 20:36] (Allah) said: "Granted is thy prayer, O Moses!"

[Yusufali 25:35] We sent Moses The Book, and appointed his brother Aaron with him as minister;

[Pickthal 7:142] ... And Moses said unto his brother, Aaron: Take my place among the people.

Notice that "Ukhlufni" and "Khalifa" (Caliph) are exactly from the same
        root. Now, to realize what was narrated in Sahih al-Bukhari, we need to
        replace the word "Moses" with "Muhammad" and "Aaron" with "Ali", and the issue becomes clear.

The sentence becomes "And Muhammad (PBUH&HF) said to his
        'brother' Ali, take my place among my community."

Of course, the tradition
        in Sahih al-Bukhari excluded the Prophethood for Imam Ali, and what remains
        for him is the leadership of the community.

------------------
        We, Ahlul Bayt (chosen descendants of the Holy Prophet), hold such central and balancing position in religion that those who are deficient in understanding and acting upon its principles, will have to come to us for reformation, and those who are overdoing it have got to learn moderation from us.

- Imam Ali (as)

Comment

During the battle of Jamal, the imam (as) told the people that on one side lay the way of Aisha, while on the other side lay the path of Allah (swt).
          awfully presumptuous.... on one side was Ayesha, the other Ali.. leave Allah out of it.. he never ordered infighting over political power.

------------------
          This Space For Rent
          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

salaam
            how do you know that 'follow him' in the hadeeth applies to ALlaah and not to Ali?

Comment

a1shah

You do not know Arabic. You have stated that you don't know Urdu. Can I ask what language do you know?

------------------
              Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
                a1shah

You do not know Arabic. You have stated that you don't know Urdu. Can I ask what language do you know?

.. he knows only one language - hate !! he is the follower of few who after many years of those events tried to gained political gains by spreating venom and hatred among muslims.. but by allah's grace vast majority of muslims love rather than hate ..
                Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

a1shah,

Please explain why do you think Hazrat Ali (ra) knowing all the above still respected Hazrat Aysha (ra) and took the bait of Hazrat Abu Bakar (ra) & all the other succeeding khulafah?!
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                    a1shah,

Please explain why do you think Hazrat Ali (ra) knowing all the above still respected Hazrat Aysha (ra) and took the bait of Hazrat Abu Bakar (ra) & all the other succeeding khulafah?!
                    .. why u asking him bout Hazrat Ali (RA) .. he doesnt follow him.. he follows those miscreats who fabricated false stories of noramal events.. all sahabas including Hazrat Ali(RA) were normal human beings but followed Prophet Muhammads Sunnah to succeed.. read a1sha's venom in his post below for Hazrat Ayesha (RA)

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Brothers/sisters;

Why all the commotion ?

The hadith is from sahih Bukhari.

Ammar tells the people that on one side is Allah's (swt) path and on the other is Aisha's way.

These are the exact words of the Sahih hadith.

Accusing me of not knowing Arabic or urdu (false accusations by the way) will not help us understand the hadith.

May Allah (swt) shower his blessings upon the holy prophet (pbuh) and his family (as).

------------------
                      We, Ahlul Bayt (chosen descendants of the Holy Prophet), hold such central and balancing position in religion that those who are deficient in understanding and acting upon its principles, will have to come to us for reformation, and those who are overdoing it have got to learn moderation from us.

- Imam Ali (as)

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                        awfully presumptuous.... on one side was Ayesha, the other Ali.. leave Allah out of it.. he never ordered infighting over political power.

Please analyze the hadith in Sahih Bukhari for yrself.

The hadith states that the believers had two choices - one that of Aisha's or the other one, that of Allah's (swt) path.

These are not my words nor any presumption on my part.

ws

Comment

Originally posted by Degas:
                          .. why u asking him bout Hazrat Ali (RA) .. he doesnt follow him.. he follows those miscreats who fabricated false stories of noramal events.. all sahabas including Hazrat Ali(RA) were normal human beings but followed Prophet Muhammads Sunnah to succeed.. read a1sha's venom in his post below for Hazrat Ayesha (RA)

Dear Degas;

Again, the hadith is sahih and is in Sahih Bukhari.

Please examine the contents for yrself.

ws

Comment

Originally posted by John:
                            salaam
                            how do you know that 'follow him' in the hadeeth applies to ALlaah and not to Ali?
                            John,

You will find the hadith at the link below. The hadith says Him refers to Allah.
                            http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...i/057.sbt.html

May Allah (swt) reward yr efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                              a1shah,

Dear sister;

Pls read the following sermon delivered by Imam Ali (as) from Nahjul Balagah - a source deemed as authentic by both shia and sunni scholars.

You will find the answers to your question in there, inshalla. I have highlighted certain important sections of the sermon in bold for better understanding.

Known as the Sermon of ash-Shiqshiqiyyah

Beware! By Allah the son of Abu Quhafah (Abu Bakr)dressed himself with it (the caliphate) and he certainly knew that my position in relation to it was the same as the position of the axis in relation to the hand-mill.

The flood water flows down from me and the bird cannot fly upto me. I put a curtain against the caliphate and kept myself detached from it.

Then I began to think whether I should assault or endure calmly the blinding darkness of tribulations wherein the grown up are made feeble and the young grow old and the true believer acts under strain till he meets Allah (on his death). I found that endurance thereon was wiser. So I adopted patience although there was pricking in the eye and suffocation (of mortification) in the throat. I watched the plundering of my inheritance till the first one went his way but handed over the Caliphate to Ibn al-Khattab after himself.

It is strange that during his (Abu Baker's) lifetime he wished to be released from the caliphate but he confirmed it for the other (Umar) one after his death. No doubt these two shared its udders strictly among themselves. This one put the Caliphate in a tough enclosure where the utterance was haughty and the touch was rough. Mistakes were in plenty and so also the excuses therefore. One in contact with it was like the rider of an unruly camel. If he pulled up its rein the very nostril would be slit, but if he let it loose he would be thrown. Consequently, by Allah people got involved in recklessness, wickedness, unsteadiness and deviation.

Nevertheless, I remained patient despite length of period and stiffness of trial, till when he (Umar) went his way (of death) he put the matter (of Caliphate) in a groupand regarded me to be one of them. But good Heavens! what had I to do with this "consultation"? Where was any doubt about me with regard to the first of them that I was now considered akin to these ones? But I remained low when they were low and flew high when they flew high. One of them turned against me because of his hatred and the other got inclined the other way due to his in-law relationship and this thing and that thing, till the third man (Usman) of these people stood up with heaving breasts between his dung and fodder. With him his children of his grand-father, (Umayyah) also stood up swallowing up Allah's wealth[5] like a camel devouring the foliage of spring, till his rope broke down, his actions finished him and his gluttony brought him down prostrate.

At that moment, nothing took me by surprise, but the crowd of people rushing to me. It advanced towards me from every side like the mane of the hyena so much so that Hasan and Husayn were getting crushed and both the ends of my shoulder garment were torn. They collected around me like the herd of sheep and goats. When I took up the reins of government one party broke away and another turned disobedient while the rest began acting wrongfully as if they had not heard the word of Allah saying:

That abode in the hereafter, We assign it for those who intend not to exult themselves in the earth, nor (to make) mischief (therein); and the end is (best) for the pious ones.

(Qur'an, 28:83)

Yes, by Allah, they had heard it and understood it but the world appeared glittering in their eyes and its embellishments seduced them.

Behold, by Him who split the grain (to grow) and created living beings, if people had not come to me and supporters had not exhausted the argument and if there had been no pledge of Allah with the learned to the effect that they should not acquiesce in the gluttony of the oppressor and the hunger of the oppressed I would have cast the rope of Caliphate on its own shoulders, and would have given the last one the same treatment as to the first one. Then you would have seen that in my view this world of yours is no better than the sneezing of a goat.

ws

Comment

Working...
                              X