Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Equity - The Islamic Perspective (Toronto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gender Equity - The Islamic Perspective (Toronto)

Organized by: MSA U of T St. George & Young Muslims

Islam's view of the complementary roles of men and women is one of the most misunderstood aspects of Islam - by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. The speakers will address this issue in light of the primary sources of Islam: the Qur'an and the example of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."

Speakers:
    Dr. Ingrid Mattson
    Second speaker pending confirmation

Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
    UofT (OISE Building)
    252 Bloor Street West (Bloor & St. George)

Date & Time:
    Saturday, February 16th 2002; 6 - 9 pm

Free Admission! Food will be sold.

For more information email [email protected] or [email protected]

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

This I would really like to attent if it weren't for damn work on Saturday. Oh well gotta make a living. Hey saadia if you go can you make a few highlighted notes that are not known to the general public and points u never knew; it would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Courage is not the absence of fear but it is the will to go on.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
      This I would really like to attent if it weren't for damn work on Saturday. Oh well gotta make a living. Hey saadia if you go can you make a few highlighted notes that are not known to the general public and points u never knew; it would be greatly appreciated.

AoA, sorry I won't be able to go. Have to go to some dinner....

Comment

Working...
      X