X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being pleased with the pleased

<< Bismillaah Ar-RaHmaan Ar-RaHeem >>
    In the name of Allaah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

"And the first to embrace Islaam from the Muhajiroon (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah) and the Ansaar (those who lived in al-Madeenah and aided them after migration) and those who follow them in goodness. Allaah is well-pleased with them, as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. This is the supreme achievement. [Surah at-Taubah 9:100]

They say the evil eye can break a stone, and a single bolt of lightening can destroy a nation’s harvest. But the impact the tongue can have, can be far more devastating.

It was deeply saddening to read some of the topics and responses presented in this forum a few weeks back, that rejected the words of Allaah subhaan wa’taala and His Messenger salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam by assaulting and insulting the Companions radhi allaahu 'anhum. Some remarks were so shocking, astaghfirul ‘atheem, that one could not help but get upset as well as angry.

"Do not abuse my companions, for if any of you were to spend gold equal to Uhud in charity, it would not equal a handful of one of them or even half of that." [Bukhari] (Uhud = mountain range situated north of Madeenah which reaches altitudes of 6,000 feet).

The uncompromising faith of the Companions (also includes the wives of the Prophet sallaahu 'alaihi wa'sallam) has been certified and attested to by Allaah and His final Messenger, Muhammad salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam. However, the most disturbing fact remains that even with this witness for the excellence and virtue of the companions, there are still some people who not only give precedence to the statements of unattested historical figures, no matter how contradictory to Islaam, but in the process ridicule and slander the companions.

The mistake does not lie in quoting individuals from history and contemporaries when it comes to Islaamic issues. But rather on many occasions, arguments have been staged to supportively quote individuals of past and present who hold opposing views to Islaam, whereas the authentic narrations brought forward to us by the Companions are being brushed aside and rejected. The very same companions of the Prophet salallaahu ‘alahi wassallam, whom Allaah describes in the Qur’aan as being the Best of mankind: "You are the best of nations ever raised up from humanity. You enjoin all that is good and forbid all that is evil, and you believe in Allaah." [Surah Al-Imraan 3:110]

Then Subhaan’Allaah! Are Allaah’s words no longer of any significance? And are the words and actions of His beloved Messenger, Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah (salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam) no longer important? Of course they are. This is why as Muslims we ought to try our best to adhere to the Qur’aan and when the Prophet (salallaahu ‘alahi wassallam) says: "Whosoever abuses my companions, then upon them is the curse of Allaah, the Angels and all the people [at-Tabaranee], we should refrain ourselves from such evil actions of the tongue.

Imaam Ahmad has also said: "If you see anyone speaking ill of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam), doubt his Islaam."

Instead we should give the Companions (radhi ‘allaahu anhum) their due respect and increase our love for them, as the Prophet salallaahu ‘alahi wassallam displayed his love for them. And if it were not for their efforts and the Will of Allaah, many of us would not be Muslims today. For it was they who went through misery and torture while being persecuted in Makkah. It was they who were stoned and beaten before being savagely killed at the hands of the disbelievers. And it was they, the Companions, whose blood was spilt on the battle fields for the sake of this Ummah, so that we would not have to go through the same torment and suffering to be Muslims today.

May Allaah increase our love and manners toward them, the Companions.

Maa'shaa' Allah
    May Allah give you more knowledge and strength to sever the Islam

Comment

Saqib..

you win hands down for one of the worst typos I have ever seen.
      I assume you meant "serve" and not "sever"
      The implications are quite different.

Hasnain

Masha Allah bro. Its good for people like myself to read posts like yours during the day to keep our heads straight and be thoroughly reminded of who we are and what our duties are.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Mr. Fraudia:
        Thanks. Yes I meant Serve.

Comment

Brother Husnain:
          I am so sorry for that type mistake. I will be carefull about my typing in the future specially in the religion section.

Mr. Fraudia:
          Thanks again.

Comment

Assalaamu 'alaikum my dear respected brothers,

jazaak'Allaah khair, and indeed all Praise is due to Allaah. All that is good is from Allaah subhaan wa ta'alaa, and all that is bad is from my own weakness.

msaqibj,

Mere bhai, although it gave me the giggles, it's quite okay. Please do not apologise for anything, especially typing mistakes. Besides, i am the worst when it comes to typing.

Take care ... where ever you are.

wassalaam

Comment

Hello Hasnain

These 'companions', are they like the disciples of Jesus? But in this case, the disciples of Muhammad?

Comment

Hasnain! Ma sha-Allah, all I can say to this post is what Fraudia said 'Masha Allah bro. Its good for people like myself to read posts like yours during the day to keep our heads straight and be thoroughly reminded of who we are and what our duties are.'
                Thank you.
                was salaam

Comment

Working...
                X