Islamic Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic Etiquette

Now what's the take from the Islamic perspecitve when people tell you to include them in your du'as?

I always find this request rude since one should do things for others such that you invoke du'a straight from the heart. I feel that you should do things only for the love of Allah, not to invoke the d'ua.

How are you suppossed to respond to these people?

Every Muslim is obliged to remember other Muslims in his/her supplications. You must supplicate for your parents, your brothers and sisters, etc. Thus, when people find a steadfast person they just ask him/her to remember them also in their supplications.

No harm if you do. They in turn should be asked by you to remember you.

------------------
    Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

AoA,

I think its an honor for a person that someone asks u to pray for him. That shows the respect he has for your and recognizes your spritual state.

It has always been a practice of people to ask the more pious to pray for them. People even asked Mohammed Rasoolallah (SAW) to pray for them and he did that.

So i think not only that u should welcome this act by all but also ask other people to remember u in their prayers. Being bonded together by the phenomenon of muslim brotherhood we should all pray for the well being of each other, be it general or particular.

------------------
      "...and sad eyes never lie"

Comment

I have read several accounts where people would ask the Prophet(SAW) to include them in his(SAW) du'aas. Their requests were obliged. Therefore I see nothing wrong in it, rather I see good in it. *smile*

------------------
        Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
        "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Let me clarify myself FF & SN,

Of course I remember my parents, my siblings, my aunts & uncles, and cousins, and all of our relatives who have passed away which include people I've never met. I have so many dead relatives, my du'as are quite long b/c I name every single person out. I also remember all muslims suffering unjustly and ask Allaah subhan wa t'aala to relieve them of their suffering. I also ask Allaah (swt) to keep all muslims on siratul mustaqeem. I also ask him to bring all the lost souls back.

I'm talking about people who have either fallen in my esteem or whom I do not have a regard for. These people who take no responsibility for their actions, have no remorse, or seek Allaah's guidance yet want to reap Allaah's mercy through others.

Comment

I agree with u up 2 a point.Muslims around the world r lost. We say we r muslims but our actions and our lifestyle tell us otherwise.We totally belive in islam but we are 2 lazy/modern whatever u want 2 call it 2 live the way islam teaches us.That's why when they see some1 reading namaz and doing there bit as a good muslim the will ask u 2 do dua 4 them and they them self never read namaz etc.U should do dua 4 them because ALLAH THE ALL MIGHTEY THe ALL FORGIVING might just listen 2 your prayers and show them the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by Muni:
              Let me clarify myself FF & SN,

I'm talking about people who have either fallen in my esteem or whom I do not have a regard for. These people who take no responsibility for their actions, have no remorse, or seek Allaah's guidance yet want to reap Allaah's mercy through others.

It is even better to pray for them.....atleast they seek Allahs guidance, even through others. There are a few people who donot find it easy to be on good talking terms with Allah, not because they have anything agianst Him in their hearts but because they dont feel at ease for intance due to their own deeds.

So i think if anyone can bring someone else closer to Allah by praying for him he must do that.

Comment

if u r talking about those ppl who u call for prayer and they never listen to u and just say "pray for us" or "pray for our guidance" then those ppl make me mad too....
                cuz they dont really mean it they just try to mock the reliiogn (as far i see it)....
                and try to blame Allah for not guiding them rightly so that they wud be steadfast in prayers....
                Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Muni,

Treat their requests as you would like Allah swt to treat yours.

Yes, it may seem tiresome, it may seem rude, but should we not at least try to be merciful, forgiving, and patient?

Comment

Working...
                  X