Mohammed (SAW) in Vedas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mohammed (SAW) in Vedas

I found this interesting so i thought of sharing it with you.

Among the four Vedas of the Hindus, Athra Veda occupies a prominent position. It is also known as Brahma Ved (i.e. Divine knowledge). It contains the following prophecy:

O people! listen to these words with reverence. A very praise-worthy person will appear among the people. He will accept him from among 60090 enemies. His means of transport would be 20 camels . His name will soar high and then return. This great Rishi will have 100 gold coins, 10 pearl necklaces, 300 Arab horses and 10,000 cows.
    (Athra Ved Kantam 20-127, 70-1-3)
    Here many characteristics of the Holy ProphetSAW have been mentioned . The Promised Rishi is called praiseworthy. The word Muhammad itself means worthy of praise. He and his companions used camels as means of transport whereas for the Rishis of India, the use of camel is forbidden (Manu Smrithi 5:8). When the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, appeared in Arabia, the population of the Arabs was stated as a little more than 60,000. The entire population had become his enemies. Almighty God protected him against his enemies. The Holy Quran also says:
    And Allah will protect thee from men.
    (5:68)
    Soaring high and returning refers to his experience of Miraj (Spiritual Ascent). The 100 gold coins refer to his companions who migrated twice to Abyssinia. The 10 pearl necklaces signify Ashra-Mubashera, the ten companions of the Holy ProphetSAW, regarding whom God gave the glad tidings of Paradise in this world itself. These are Abu Bakr, Umar, Usman, Ali, Talha, Zubair, Abdur Rahman ibn Auf, Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqas, Sa'ad ibn Zaid and Abu Ubaidah (may Allah be pleased with them). The 300 Arab horses signify the 300 companions of the Holy Prophet who took part in the battle of Badr. They numbered 313. Eight of them could not participate in the battle. One of them died before the battle, and four of them were small children. Thus the actual number of people who fought in the battle of Badr together with the Holy Prophet was 300. 10,000 cows signify the ten thousand holy people who entered Mecca triumphantly with him on his return. It is worthy of note that the number 10,000 is also mentioned in the Bible.
    Bhavisyath Puran also contains a prophecy regarding the advent of the Holy Prophet SAW. Maharishi Vyas Muni occupies an emminent position among the Hindus because of his vast knowledge and wisdom, and God-given capabilities. In addition to other religious literature, he has written 18 Puranas such as Brahma Puran, Bhagath Puran. The 18th Puran is named Bhavisyath Puran. It contains prophecies pertaining to the future. According to the beliefs of the Hindus this book contains Divine revelations and prophecies. This Bhavisyath Puran contains the following prophecy regarding the Holy Prophet:

A spiritual reformer will come from a foreign land (outside Bharat) with his disciples (companions). His name will be Mahamad (Muhammad). He will dwell in a desert.
    (Bhavisyath Purana 3:5-8)
    Here the name of the spiritual reformer is clearly given as Muhammad. Generally in the Vedas all countries outside Bharat are referred to as Mlech. The foreign land is said to be in a desert. Here the Holy Prophet's companions are especially mentioned. Perhaps there is hardly any other prophet who had so many companions who had moulded their lives in the manner of their prophet. Maharishi Vyas Muni has mentioned the following qualities of this Muhammad Rishi and his followers:
    His followers will perform circumcision. They will not keep their hair in the form of Choti as the Brahmans do. They will keep beard. They will bring about a revolution. They will call with a loud voice (i.e., instead of using a bell to call the people for prayer, they will call people to prayer in a loud voice by 'Azan'). They will eat meat of animals other than that of swine. They will attain purity through Jehad (fighting in the cause of Allah). Their civilization will be called Muslay (Muslim).
    (Bhavishyat Puran Vol. 3 verse:3)
    Without any interpretation, all these characteristics agree completely with the characteristics of the Holy Prophet of Islam SAW and his followers. In short, all the prophecies of the divine books of the Hindu religion have been fulfilled in the person of the Holy Prophet of Islam.

------------------
    ".........because sad eyes never lie"

Reference Please.

Though ive heard of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) being prophesized in the Hindu Text's before, i generally treat such claims with a grain of salt since many 'muslims' are prone to making rumors glorifying our religion in false ways. So usually when i see such things i doubt them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac:
      Reference Please.

Though ive heard of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) being prophesized in the Hindu Text's before, i generally treat such claims with a grain of salt since many 'muslims' are prone to making rumors glorifying our religion in false ways. So usually when i see such things i doubt them a lot.
      Ibrahim says : salaams to all

Agreed, one must always recheck the references before accepting scriptures as an established fact or belief.

I believe sadeyes_neverlie, did give the references

They seem to be (Athra Ved Kantam 20-127, 70-1-3) (Bhavisyath Purana 3:5-8)
      (Bhavishyat Puran Vol. 3 verse:3)

Ibrahim says: those are not the only ones in my view.

Was salaam
      Ibrahim

Comment

have heard a good lecture by Dr. Zakir Naik on this issue....
        maybe u can check out his site for IRF....
        maybe u'll get a pamphlet form there....
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Well Maniac, references are their that may be clear to u by now.

Comment

Working...
          X