Caste system in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caste system in Islam

I know Islam Doesnt have any room for any caste system.But thanks to affect of Hinduism on Islam in subcontinent we do have a caste system in India,pak and Bangladesh.
    and it becomes more prominent when itc ome to marriages..

I know many cases where marraiges didnt take places becouse some one was Sheikh,sayed,Ansari or whatever....

Also we have this division in society based on languages..

Do u guys have any comment on this or
    do u see these things happening around you too.

I am just curious to know !!!

------------------
    Jiyo Aur Jeene Do!!!

No repliessssssss

------------------
    Jiyo Aur Jeene Do!!!

Comment

Your'e the wrong caste man.....

No kidding yes....disgusting small minded and unislamic.

Comment

Very right it is unIslamic but I don't know why PPl keep on insisting on it.I agree especially when it comes to marraiges it becomes a big deal.

Comment

Uff,

My question is same...I see lots of people who r very relgious and understand islam and preach them..but when come to there sona nd audghters marriage they do the same...

isnt it hypocracy !!!

------------------
          Jiyo Aur Jeene Do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andha_qanoon:

isnt it hypocracy !!!

Yup
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

bass yeho to hum logo ki bad kismati hai...that we are not allowed to practise Islam fully...there are so many hurdlesin our ways

hypocrits everywhere

------------------
              "Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?"

Comment

But is this caste system only prevelent in subcontinent or other Islamic countries too have this kinda division in their society

------------------
                Jiyo Aur Jeene Do!!!

Comment

Just be sure not to practise it with your children when you have them.

I have brought this issue up with some friends whose parents practise this. They tell me that they dont like it, but they dont want to speak against it either, due to creating conflict.

------------------
                  Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
                  "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

It's total BS...

You don't decide what 'caste' or position your born in. I mean theres a difference between being very comfortable and glad to be born in your position, country, society etc., and actually believing that you were born Brahmin (or its equivalents) as a birth right. If your looking for that sort of reincarnation philosophy, then Hinduism would be be a good fit you, and I'm not saying that with any prejudice towards Hinduism.

------------------
                    The man for whom law exists - the man of forms, the conservative -is a tame man.
                    - Thoreau

Comment

I personally don't believe in it, but i don't think i'll ever have the courage to rebel against it either.
                      Its rooted far too deep in our society, the only hope is that if everyone slowly spoke against it, eventually it will disappear.

Comment

Boy you are andha and stupid.
                        There is a difference between caste and family line/linage.
                        In Swiss there are 50 top families - the richest and the oldest to date.
                        Who you call them a caste?
                        They only marry between the top 50.
                        Once in a while there is a scandal and one buggers off with some one from the out side.

In both Pakistan and India, the family is important to people, if they come from a good house, a strong family back ground.
                        That is a caste system to you?
                        Certain family names have a significiance attached to them.
                        Say these guys are originally saudi or something.
                        It is totally baseless and only to bring up the family ranking.

However in the caste system you can't marry out of your caste.
                        down yes, but then it is a blight on people.
                        Up never.
                        That will never be allowed.

The system of family lines you can go up and down.
                        In the caste system you can't.
                        Understand?
                        Or should i break it down further?

------------------
                        Ours is not to reason why;
                        Ours is but to do and die
                        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by andha_qanoon:
                          Uff,

My question is same...I see lots of people who r very relgious and understand islam and preach them..but when come to there sona nd audghters marriage they do the same...

isnt it hypocracy !!!

i agree with you its sad but true

Comment

What are these castes anyway?Like Wadheras, Pathans etc.,? Is this 'syed' also a Caste?
                            I know a few Muslims who call themselves 'Syeds' and explained to me they are descendents of Prophet Mohammed!!

Comment

CM okay dont call it caste, but then dont we use it the same way the whole zaat paat thing but mostly for marriage type of issues.
                              are you chaudhry, randhawa, sheikh, syed, malik, doger, araein, palejo, jonejo etc..

I have personally seen situations where ppl would not want to marry out of biradri or zaat..

I am in complete agreement with you that even at its worst its not as sinister as the caste system where one can not break out of the caste one was born in which dictates who you are and what you do even to this day
                              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X