Qurbani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qurbani

Traditionally goat, sheep, cow or camel are the animals sacrificed on Eid-ul-Azha!

Can other Halal animals be sacrificed? Like chicken or deer etc.?
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Chicken? Not yet! But maybe if mehengayee issi tarah bartee gayee than some day a maulana will pass fatwa allowing chickens too.

Deer? Well, sir, if you are into deer hunting, then why don't u just eat it there (in a bonfire) instead of keeping it till Eid day. Cheapo!

The tradition follows, Hazrat Ibrahim (AS), who sacrificed a lamb. Prophet (PBUH) allowed goats, cows and camels too. I wonder if anyone can add on to the list? Not all halal living beings can be used for the sacrifice. I have never seen someone gone fishin to prepare for Eid ul Adha. Now, that is a thought.

Comment

Dearest Bhai Pristine,

Actually I had fishing in mind! ;-)

Is there a hadiths related to the animals to be sacrificed?!

Are you sure that the animal at the time of Hazrat Abraham (as) was a lamb?

And the 'hisay' cow having 7 and camel having 9, were done considering the amount of meat of the animal or the amount of money involved?
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Dear all;

what date will Eid fall on this year in March ?

ws

Comment

March???

I don't know about you, but in my part of the world, Eid ul Adha will be on February 22, 2002 (Friday), Insha Allah.

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited January 24, 2002).]

Comment

Thanks Pristine bhai.

I don't know why I was thinking March

ws

Comment

Working...
            X