Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers

In the Islam/Muslim teachings/traditions, are there certain rules as to praying? eg. length, type of prayers, what you may and may not pray for, specific manners when praying, etc, etc.

Yes, Old man there are books out there for ways/manners/rules/techniques of prayers.

Someone is bound to copy and paste so lets see who does it. I'd recommend u drop by an Islamic bookstore and have a look.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen.../prayer_1.html

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
        Yes, Old man there are books out there for ways/manners/rules/techniques of prayers.

Someone is bound to copy and paste so lets see who does it. I'd recommend u drop by an Islamic bookstore and have a look.

Thanks, Maniac. Will download and look through.

Maniac & CocoNut, must the prayers to God always be on a prescribed manner or can one just "talk"?

Comment

See the prayer(Namaz or Sal'ah) described in the link i gave is an act of worship(done 5 times a day by muslims). The act of worships required by Muslims must be done in the exact manner prescribed by Allah and his Messenger(SAW).

The prayer that most non muslims refer to is known as the DU'AH, that is when u ask Allah for something and that can be done anywhere anytime anyhow. There are specific ways and times to make them more powerfull though. Forexample if you make a prayer or Du'ah in the time that falls between the Call for a Prayer (adhan) and the prayer(salah) itself then the Du'ah is very powerful.

Kinda confusing, i hope u understood

Comment

The manner prescribed is not written in stone; it is recommended to pray that way to reach HIM. Our Prophet PHSYICALLY prayed many different ways. But in terms of recitation of the verses have to be done exactly as prescribed.

Usually, when you make a prayer(just to talk to him) there are blessings to the Prophet you have to send and then make a prayer/talk; he listens that way. I'm not sure why we do it but hey there is no harm. Now I'm not saying it is necessary to send blessings to the Prophet before talking to HIM but it gets the prayers up there to be answered or declined; thats what I understand.

I'm answering to the best of my recollection so forgive me if I have erred.

------------------
            Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
              I'm answering to the best of my recollection so forgive me if I have erred.
              Knowing more than me, I won't even know if you did err!

Thanks for the information, CocoNut & Maniac.

Do I understand correctly that you also prsy to the Prophet? What would you talk/ask when talking to him?

Comment

Do I understand correctly that you also prsy to the Prophet? What would you talk/ask when talking to him?
                We don't pray to the Prophet, we send blessings to the Prophet by invoking the Creator for us to send our blessing upon the Prophet {Messenger of Islam because we owe him that much for spreading the message} hence the phrase after his name (PEACE BE UPON HIM) is a short blessing to the Prophet. It is by Allah's permission (in the prayer) our blessings are sent to the Prophet.

Oh, when I meant to say "forgive me if i have erred" it included you and to the rest who have more knowledge than I

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

No human, animal or anybeing Other then Allah is worthy of Worship...not prophets..not anjels..and definetly not the Jinns.

So no..we dont pray to the prophet.

Comment

Working...
                  X