Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question

Salaam

I dont know if thiz has been asked b4...

what does islam say about women and jihad? are women allowed to participate in it?

------------------
    @[email protected]

Originally posted by Sherni:
    Salaam

I dont know if thiz has been asked b4...

what does islam say about women and jihad? are women allowed to participate in it?

Ibrahim says : salaams to all

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 3.84 Narrated byAisha (mother of the faithful believers)

I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shouldn't we participate in Holy battles and Jihad along with you?" He replied, "The best and the most superior Jihad (for women) is Hajj which is accepted by Allah." 'Aisha added: Ever since I heard that from Allah's Apostle I have determined not to miss Hajj.

Comment

[al-Hujurat 49:15] The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Apostle then they doubt not and struggle hard with their wealth and their lives in the way of Allah; (wa jaahaduu bi amwalihim wa anfusihim fi sabeelallah) they are the truthful ones.

PakistaniAbroad: The same theme of jaahaduu bi amwalihim wa anfusihim fi sabeelallah is mentioned in (2:218; 3:142; 8:72,74,75; 9:16,20,44,88 ; 16:110 and 29:6,69).

This is the real Jihad or striving in the way of Allah with your property and person.

It has been enjoined on believers which include Men and Women.

------------------
      This Space For Rent
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

There are many many incidents of women enjoining their brothers in Jihad.

Mostly women are recommeneded to help in taking care of the wounded during the battle, but in many cases women have actively participated in physical fighting.

A famous recent case would be that of 19 year old Chechen Shaheed Sister Hawaa Barayev who drove a truck laden with explosives into the russian headquaters killing 27 communists.

I would recomment you visit the following site for more info on the role of sisters in jihad.
        http://66.96.205.195/~azzam/qoqaz/ht...ersinjihad.htm

Comment

Working...
        X