Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imam mahdi

can some one please throw some light on imam mahdi in light of koran

• salam Kabir, jazakallah for the interest in this topic. allow me to say few words, i have a different interpretation for this personality, i hope at some point you will agree with me...

The term Imam (the leader) and Mahdi (Guidance) is specified by Allah for a person who is guidance for the mankind. It should be kept in mind that whoever that person could be, He couldn’t furnish guidance unless and until he receives one from Almighty Allah.

This meaning of Imam Mahdi narrows our choice, i.e. we cannot accept anyone as Imam Mahdi unless he claims that he is appointed by Allah (definitely he will not be elected by general election)

Now lets see if Quran has used this word anywhere and in what context.

We read in sura Al-Aambiya (21:73)

And We made them leaders, guiding (mankind) by Our Command, and We inspired in them the doing of good deeds, performing Salāt (Iqāmat-as-Salāt), and the giving of Zakāt and of Us (Alone) they were worshippers.

in this chapter, after narrating some great Prophets, Allah addressed them as aaima yahdoona in this verse. This word is plural of Imam Mahdi (aaima=imam; yahdoona=hadi/mahdi). This verse very clearly explains that all the prophets were in fact IMAM MAHDI of their time.

so therefore the person we are expecting will be a Prophet according to the Quran as well and nothing less.

more to come...

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited January 06, 2002).]
    zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

Comment

well i expect some more light on this subject

Comment

Al-Mahdi, Muhammad ibn-e-Abdullah will be an ordinary man, born to an ordinary woman raised by ordinary man and living an ordinary life with the people of his time.

Al-Mahdi will be an Imam (mujaddid) and a Caliph, among other Caliphs who ruled Muslims with justice. However, what differentiates Al-Mahdi from other Caliphs is that he will meet Isaa Ibn-e-Maryam (Jesus son of Mary) Alaiyehis salaam (PBUH).

Also, Issa (Jesus), the Prophet of Allah, will pray behind Al-Mahdi. Allah will give Al-Mahdi the ability to righteously rule the Muslim nation in the span of a night. He will fill the earth with justice, as it was filled with injustice. He will lead the Muslim nation to the second conquering of Constantinople and possibly Rome.

A Caliphate That Follows the Guidance of the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam:

The Prophet Muhammad sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam mentioned that just before the end of this world, the Muslim nation will be ruled by a Caliphate that will follow the guidance sent with the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam.

Hudhaifah bin Al-Yaman reported that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said:

"Prophethood (meaning Muhammad (SAW) himself) will remain with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain, then Allah will raise it up whenever he wills to raise it up. Afterwards, there will be a Caliphate that follows the guidance of Prophethood remaining with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, He will raise it up whenever He wills to raise it up. Afterwards, there will be a reign of violently oppressive [The reign of Muslim kings who are partially unjust] rule and it will remain with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, there will be a reign of tyrannical rule and it will remain for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, Allah will raise it up whenever He wills to raise it up. Then, there will be a Caliphate that follows the guidance of Prophethood."
        Then Hudhaifah said, "The Prophet stopped speaking."

[As-Silsilah As-Sahihah, vol. 1, no. 5]

-----------------------------------------

The same hadith without any change of a word is also narrated by Hadrat Nauman Ibn-e-Basheer Radiyallaho Anhu in Musnad-e-Ahmad Ibn-e-Hanbal.
        -----------------------------------------

The reason behind mentioning this Hadith here is to state that Al-Mahdi will live in the last period of rightly guided Caliphs that the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam mentioned himself sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam.

------------------
        You (Muslims) are the best nation ever raised among the mankind: (because) you
        advocate righteousness and FORBID EVIL, and you believe in (one) GOD (ALLAH).
        (Sura: Aalay-Imran; Ayat:110)
        ========================
        ***Sitaaron Pay Jo Daltay Hain Kamand!***
        Tu Tundi-e-Baad-e-Mukhaalif say na ghabra ay Uqaab
        Yeh tau chaltee hai tujhay OoNcha urRaanay kay liye

Comment

Thanks for that Shaheen.

Comment

Shaheen: "Al-Mahdi, Muhammad ibn-e-Abdullah will be an ordinary man..."
            • do you think believing in that imam is must? please justify your answer in the light of Quran.
            Shaheen:"Issa (Jesus), the Prophet of Allah, will pray behind Al-Mahdi'.
            • also do you think that Isa(as) for whome Allah has said in Quran that "He was a prophet sent to Bani-Isreal" will guide Muslim ummah? Please explain his status at his second advent.

PS: it will be appreciated if you use Quran to elaborate your view point.

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited January 08, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Zalim:
              Shaheen: "Al-Mahdi, Muhammad ibn-e-Abdullah will be an ordinary man..."
              • do you think believing in that imam is must? please justify your answer in the light of Quran.
              Shaheen:"Issa (Jesus), the Prophet of Allah, will pray behind Al-Mahdi'.
              • also do you think that Isa(as) for whome Allah has said in Quran that "He was a prophet sent to Bani-Isreal" will guide Muslim ummah? Please explain his status at his second advent.

PS: it will be appreciated if you use Quran to elaborate your view point.

fIRST answer to your P.S
              'There will be a man with full stomach, reclining on his pillow, who will hear a command from me and say, 'Let the judge between us (in this matter) be Allah's Book: we obey whatever we find in it.' [Know that] indeed, I have been given the Book and, with it, that which is similar to it (the Sunnah).' [Ahmad, Aboo Daawood, Saheeh ul-Jaami`]
              having said that: Believing in imam Al-MAhdi is must because Rasoolllah (SAW) told us and Wa Howas Sadiq-ul-Masdooq.

Also, it is a news given by the Prophet (SAW) as Quran was given to us by him that Issa (AS) will come as the follower of Hadrat Muhammad (SAW).

Wama Alaina Illal Balagh!

------------------
              ========================

Comment

P.S. >>> your views are suggesting that you are inspired by Qadianiat/Lahorism/Ahmadiat what ever they call it.... i hope you are not one of those
                The ORIGINAL Falcon -

Comment

• dear shaheen, my PS says to quote QURAN, am I missing something?

Secondly, the same Quran which you read says, "aamantobilahay wa malaykatayhe wa kotobayhi wa rosolayhe" (i.e to believe in Allah and His angles and His Books and His Prophets) these are the rulings being a Muslim one should ONLY believe in... So if you say believe in Imam Mehdi is must then in the light of the above mentioned belief-classification where will you fit your Imam Mahdi?

Furthermore as I said earlier, if Imam Mahdi is appointed by Allah and he will receive revelation to guide the ummah, then according to this definition there is no difference between a Prophet and an Imam Mahdi. Prophets were also chosen by Allah and received revelations to guide the mankind.

Quoting my above reference again (21:73), Quran also points out towards this fact that all the previous prophets were infact Imam Mahdi of their time.

I will appreciate your opinion.

wa'salam

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited January 09, 2002).]

Comment

First thing first: I answered your P.S with a hadith... if you believe in hadith fine, if you don't; i rest my case....

secondly, who said Imam Mahdi(RA) will receive revelation???? This is only YOU who is saying this... I didn't say.. I said he will be a mujaddid of that time as there were other "mujaddideen before"; the only things special about him are that he has the same name as Prophet Hadrat Muhammad (SAW), he will be from Quresh, he will be the last mujaadid, and he will meet hadrat Issa (JESUS) (As)....

P.S>>> Wama Alaina Illal Balagh!

------------------
                    ========================

Comment

Originally posted by kabir:
                      can some one please throw some light on imam mahdi in light of koran
                      dear shaheen, i think you missed this point..

PS1: read the topic of the thread before you jump to personal conclusions.

PS2: one quick question, How will He guide the ummah without receiving one from Allah? (if according to your beliefs, he is not going to receive one from Allah)

more to come

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited January 09, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Zalim:
                        one quick question, How will He guide the ummah without receiving one from Allah? (if according to your beliefs, he is not going to receive one from Allah)

more to come

hmmm.. so you believe that the Guidance (QURAN) and sunnah of HAdrat Muhammad (SAW) is not enough to guide people.... INTERESTING....

you don't know the hadith about Mujaddideen and don't believe on it.. i guess.... and neither do you know the duty of a mujaddid...

I am waiting for you more to come stuff.

P.S.>>>> Quran and Sunnah with Ahaadeeth complete the Islam.... To understand any concept of Islam you have to get the guidance from both... otherwise you are LOST!

Wama Alaina Illal balagh!

------------------
                        ========================

Comment

Dear Shaheen Sahib, so far you have shown no visible contribution to the thread, Quran is Rah-e-huda.. It has answers to every question; I am amazed why you Muslims try to drift away and seeking things from Ahadiths at the first place. Why not Quran First?
                          • [Q] Moreover I presented you a verse (21:73), from that Glorious Book of Allah, in which Allah has addressed all the Prophets as Imam Mahdis of their time. On what basis you are denying that verse? I have more verses to support my statement; lets see how many you have?

[Q] Speaking of Mujaddids, as far as I can recall, it has been related in the traditions of the Holy Prophets(saw) that there will be a Mujaddid at the head of every century, my Question is since you are so much emphasising towards mujaddid-ship, then please tell us where is the missing mujaddid of the fourteenth century?

[Q] Secondly if according to you, Imam Mahdi will merely be a Mujaddid and not a Prophet then tell me till now since Prophet Mohammad(saw), the ummah had been blessed with thirteen Mujaddids, despite of these thirteen great men which came one after another at the head of every century, why they FAIL to unite the ummah in particular and the whole world in general. How come you expect the same ranked person will come again and achieve that noble task? Definitely He will be more than a Mujaddid, right?

[Q] WHY QURAN IS SILENT ON THE ISSUE OF IMAM MAHDI?

jazakallah

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited January 16, 2002).]

Comment

de ja vu

didn't we have this discussion a month ago.. ended up getting locked and all.

What is this btw.. the Dubious-Hadith-Forum?? why doesn't anyone quote the Qur'an in here to prove their point or the lack of one.

Sleep tight.. there is no other Prophet coming.. and those waiting for Jesus have to wait for the Judgement Day.

------------------
                            This Space For Rent
                            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Pakistani..you are right man. Even if he or she came, will probably come to Gupshup to validate his authenticity. I mean, why is it so important? Here, some people are saying that Hadith and Quran is enough, then why worry about if Imam comes or not? What is he going to bring anyway? Some new technology?

Comment

Working...
                              X