Clear All

Divergent Realities

Thanks all!

------------------
    Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another

[This message has been edited by Munni (edited March 10, 2002).]
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Munni, of course the obvious is to ask for Guidance from the Almighty. As for giving an answer as to “which one to follow”, that is not for anyone to decide but you yourself. It is your journey of self-discovery, a quest for what “truly is” and hopefully, like Salman AlFarsi you’ll reach your destination.

I suppose one could say, “all paths lead to the One”, but I would say choose the one, which according to your mind and understanding is comprehensive and that you are satisfied with.

My approach so far has been to question – a lot can be learned from the varied answers – and take the one, which I think best (and logically) answers the questions. I have found out moderation of thought is best; for me too, the Sufi Order’s (Tariqa’s) in its entirety, is not very appealing. Islamic History and Philosophy can especially provide great insight (and raises many questions too) into the background of various School of Thoughts, so that’s an essential study. Above all, be very open-minded, prepared to question, to think.

I believe there is only One Reality; just the paths attaining to the Reality are very divergent.

If you wish to “compare notes”, feel free to PM or E-mail anytime. I shall be most happy to oblige!

Comment

(5:3) ...This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion...

PakistaniAbroad: There is absolutely NO room for these man made madhabs

The one true religion is Islam. The Source is Allah's Book. Read it sicnerely without being misguided by other external sources. Treat the text sacred. Complete. Fully Detailed as Allah himself describes the Book

[al-Baqarah 2:2] This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil).

PakistaniAbroad: Reject sectarianism whose only job is to go against The Book and oppose each other.

[al-Baqarah 2:176] This is because Allah has revealed the Book with the truth; and surely those who go against the Book are in a great opposition

PakistaniAbroad: Be not of those who dispute Allah's revelations and create their own 'madhabs'.

[al-Baqarah 2:213] (All) people are a single nation; so Allah raised prophets as bearers of good news and as warners, and He revealed with them the Book with truth, that it might judge between people in that in which they differed; and none but the very people who were given it differed about it after clear arguments had come to them, revolting among themselves; so Allah has guided by His will those who believe to the truth about which they differed and Allah guides whom He pleases to the right path.

------------------
      This Space For Rent
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Do you see the issue I have? What to do? Ask Allah to guide is the obvious answer, but any other advice or suggestions from you all would be greatly appreciated. Insha'Allah. Thanks all!
        Ibrahim says; salaams to all

kindly visit the following sites, if they may be of some help to you Insha Allah.
        http://www.emax.freeserve.co.uk/madhabs.htm
        http://www.themodernreligion.com/bas...madhab-why.htm
        http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/masud/I...sc/mhfatwa.htm
        http://www.salaf.indiaaccess.com/taqleed/taqleed.htm

Comment

You dont have to follow any Madhab to lead a good islamic life. Islam for an average person is very clearly defined in The Quran and Hadith. Generally all questions and topics are covered in the Quran and the major Sahih hadith books. Follow them and look to them for guidance.

If some point is not clear then look for opinions of scholars of the faith on that particular matter, and once you have seen the views of a number of scholars follow that which you feel more comfortable with. This does not mean you follow that which is easier, but one that makes you feel more comfortable and complete as a muslim.

Im just an average joe when it comes to islam, so i may not be correct in what i say..but i do try. And when i asked a similar question as the one you posed to some fellow learned muslims they told me its best to just follow Quran and Sunnah and not bind oneself to any particular madhab.

Allah and his Prophet(PBUH) know best.

May Allah guide you in your quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac:
            You dont have to follow any Madhab to lead a good islamic life. Islam for an average person is very clearly defined in The Quran and Hadith. Generally all questions and topics are covered in the Quran and the major Sahih hadith books. Follow them and look to them for guidance.

If some point is not clear then look for opinions of scholars of the faith on that particular matter, and once you have seen the views of a number of scholars follow that which you feel more comfortable with. This does not mean you follow that which is easier, but one that makes you feel more comfortable and complete as a muslim.

Im just an average joe when it comes to islam, so i may not be correct in what i say..but i do try. And when i asked a similar question as the one you posed to some fellow learned muslims they told me its best to just follow Quran and Sunnah and not bind oneself to any particular madhab.

Allah and his Prophet(PBUH) know best.

May Allah guide you in your quest.
            a very ice answer....
            u shud stickto the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)....

and btw, do not use this line Allah and his Prophet(PBUH) know best.....
            the Prophet (pbuh) did not allow the Sahaaba to use such words, because Allah alone is the all-knowing....

Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Working...
            X