miracle letters in quran.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miracle letters in quran.

U know what i am talking about right? (Alif lam meim .. and a lot of others in other surahs). what speculations do we have from our scholars about their hidden meaning, or pupose ?. Would really like to know somthing about them. thanks

salaam
    First point, all the letters of the Quraan are miaraculous. As for the one's that you have mentioned they are known as 'al-muqattaat'. It si worng to say that they have no menaing, rather the correct position is that their meanings are with Allaah alone. These verses are what can be best described as 'mutashibihaat'- unclear. But unclear for a purpose! The Muslims are advised to read them adn gain reward but not to try to evalutae their worth and meaning. As for any hidden power, they do not have any adn that is clear fromt he sunnah adn the seerah. When some Jews came tot he Messenger of Allaah sallAllaaho alaihi wa sallam adn used the muqattaat letters the Messenger of Allaah sallAllaaho alaihi wa sallam replied them in a way that showed that these letters do not in fact have any hidden miraculous power.
    wa Allaaho alam
    wa salaam

Comment

I thought that Messenger of Allaah sallAllaaho alaihi wa sallam also knew the meaning of these words. What do you think?

------------------
      Allah Nighaban.

Comment

the words dont have any miraculous power (atleast we, muslims, are not told of any such thing in either Quran or Hadith)....

no one knows the meaning of these letters, i dont think even th Prophet (pbuh) knew the meaning....
        or he wud have told his companions when they asked him....

Allah, the Great, the Wise, knows better what they mena and why their meaning is not revealed to humans....

there r many theories for this....

i, personally, think that Quran is not only for humans, but also for Jinns and maybe these words mean something to the Jinns and we dont understand it....

Wallahu Aa'lim bel-sawaab
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:

i, personally, think that Quran is not only for humans, but also for Jinns and maybe these words mean something to the Jinns and we dont understand it....

interesting.. hmm.... is this ur theory or did u read this somewhere... it could be true

Comment

John what did you mean when you said that all the letters in the Quran are miraculous? In what way?

Comment

no its just my own theory....
              never read it anywhere....
              just a thought that occured to me....
              Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Working...
              X