Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Christians believe followers of other religions are doomed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Christians believe followers of other religions are doomed?

http://www.explorefaith.org/religions_lay.html
    C.S. Lewis — author of the vastly popular book Mere Christianity, among many others — said there are people who call themselves Christians who are not Christian at all; there are other "Christians" who are moving further away from Christ all the time. On the other hand, there might be Buddhists or Hindus or Jews that are sincerely seeking God through their religions. Christ said, "ANYONE who seeks, finds." I believe that all who sincerely seek God will find Him — through Christ — even if they are not aware it is happening.

Recently, I had an intense discussion with a friend who is a member of a very conservative church. That church professes that only members of its congregation are going to heaven. While my friend said he did not hold this belief, I still felt he must support it somehow, even subconsciously, since he chose to be a member of the church. I passionately defended my conviction that there are many roads that lead home to God. Yet, even so, I felt cut off and a little wary of this group of people who claimed to love the same God as I do, and I looked at my dear friend with skepticism and a little fear.

After we talked, I prayed that God would bless what I'd said and my intentions. I fell asleep feeling a little sad and lonely.

That night, I dreamed of a house with many rooms. Someone was gently leading me as we flew slowly around the outside of this house. Even though the house did not appear to be very large, I never ran out of windows to look in. Through one window, I saw a conservative, literal room, through another, a room with people in turbans. In one, there were people meditating, in another no one had cut their hair. I soon realized I was looking in the windows of God's house, and we were all there. There was enough room for everyone who believed in Him, regardless of their form of worship. I also realized that we are being called to "visit" one another's rooms. Not to stay, but to appreciate another way of living in God's home.

The house had no external light source. The only light came from within. And I understood that in order for the light to reach all the dark corners in the world, all the rooms needed to turn on their lights in unison, in community. Both to light our way Home and to illuminate a path we can show others.

The dream deeply comforted me. I believe God was reassuring me that we all have a place in his home, and we are being called to come out of our rooms to mingle, to create a greater community that will shine a more brilliant light into the darkness of the world. Some may choose to stay in their own rooms with the doors tightly closed. Unaware of other rooms, they may feel theirs is the only one. Yet their room is only one room in a great big house. There is room and rooms for everyone.

--Robbin

I choose to post this link not only for the knowledge of other religious followers, but also to remind those that say they are Christians.

Peace, Love and Happiness and God's blessings to everyone.

Originally posted by UndoneByOne:
    The dream deeply comforted me. I believe God was reassuring me that we all have a place in his home, and we are being called to come out of our rooms to mingle, to create a greater community that will shine a more brilliant light into the darkness of the world. Some may choose to stay in their own rooms with the doors tightly closed. Unaware of other rooms, they may feel theirs is the only one. Yet their room is only one room in a great big house. There is room and rooms for everyone. --Robbin

I choose to post this link not only for the knowledge of other religious followers, but also to remind those that say they are Christians.
    Ibrahim says : Greetings of Peace to one and all

Hi UndoneByOne,
    That was indeed a touching story, I love these things when they are designed to please the readers . Yet, the TRUTH is being twisted and denied by those who invent them in order to please and to deceive themselves as well as others like you.

Christians have an option, they can either follow the Bible or reject it

So let ask the Bible to what is the worth of your story/dream/conviction?

Lets Read,
    Matthew 7: 21. Jesus said………..

"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    22. Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
    23. Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Ibrahim says: Thus it is very Clear even Christ will deny those who call upon him, because they had failed to understand what he preached, just as you have, by posting this touching story which goes against the teachings of Christ.

What was Christ talking about?

Lets read!
    John 14 1. Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Ibrahim says: thus those who followed Christ’s original teachings will be in the mansion Christ prepared for them just like prophets and messengers before him also prepared their own mansions for those who followed them. but those who invent their own will be obviously denied by Christ just like they will be denied by the Prophets when it is not in accordance with what they imparted.

So it leads us to wonder, what did Christ say?

John 8: 12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Ibrahim says: Thus when the Jews tried to kill him, they tried extinguished this light and that light was returned to us through the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as Christ himself prophesied before he was raised by God.

Hope this helps those who have clouds in their minds.

Regards
    Ibrahim

when we have clouds in our mind, tears will fall from our eyes

Comment

Ibrahim,

Thanks for your informative message. It is MY belief , that also derives from the Bible...that I am not to judge others. Who am I to say who is right and who is wrong. I am simply stating that I believe that only God knows who will enter heaven. The God I know..is a loving and peaceful God...who cherishes those who choose to seek and follow Him. I read, watch and listen in life, then I decide what is right for me. Some other people see things as I do. Maybe..I am wrong in my thinking...but only God knows that..not you.

Comment

The God I know..is a loving and peaceful God...who cherishes those who choose to seek and follow Him. .......Maybe..I am wrong in my thinking...but only God knows that..not you.
        Yes God is loving and peaceful, and is the only One who knows who will enter Heaven and who won't. But, He has prescribed certain rules guiding us to the Right Path. If a person deliberately opts not to follow that Path, where do you feel he/she should go?

Apparently, not to Heaven, unless there is something that is not evident to us.

------------------
        Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Ibrahim, Thanks for your informative message.
          Ibrahim says: you are welcome and If I failed to convey that, I would have concealed what I knew, and that itself is a crime in the sight of our Creator.

It is MY belief , that also derives from the Bible...that I am not to judge others.
          Ibrahim says; That is what the missionaries thought they understood from the bible due to its revisions, additions, omission and mistranslation and not what Christ (pbuh) taught .

You see my friend, your understanding is based on the misconception of

Matthew 7: 1. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

2. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

4. How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

5. You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Ibrahim says: Here the meaning is to act with honesty and justice and not practice hypocrisy not to STOP from thinking rationally. Then we read the next verse, which tells us …..

6. "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Ibrahim says; This verse clearly tell us to Judge between right and wrong. Which most Christians have failed to understand. And that was the essence of all revelations, meaning to separate from wrongs, Errors and sins .

Here such words like dogs and pigs refers to people who are in error, since revelations reveals God transformed some human beings into dogs and pigs due to their transgressions.

At the same time he taught his apostles ……….

Matthew 10: 11. "Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave.

12. As you enter the home, give it your greeting.

13. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.

14. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

Ibrahim says: Thus Christ (pbuh) Did teach his followers to judge between right and wrong, truth and falsehood and even remove the very dust of those homes, land, and people who had erred from the apostle shoes , since they are sinners.

And that was a consistent message for it is again explicitly conveyed in

Matthew 10: 34. "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35. For I have come to turn "`a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36. a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

37. "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Ibrahim says: Here Christ (pbuh) has taught that they should even separate from their own families if they have sinned and not Obeyed God.

Thus let me correct your misconceptions, if you have been taught to close your eyes and just belief blindly without finding out what is right and what is wrong and separate form errors and falsehoods.

Who am I to say who is right and who is wrong. I am simply stating that I believe that only God knows who will enter heaven.
          Ibrahim says: What I am saying is that since you believe in the Bible you should now believe the words of Christ (pbuh), who conveyed

Matthew 7: 21. Jesus said………..

"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22. Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

23. Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Ibrahim says : My point was whoever wrote that article you posted was making a grave error in propagating that falsehood that everyone will enter heaven. That is FALSE and the above verse clearly negates such a notion.

The God I know..is a loving and peaceful God...who cherishes those who choose to seek and follow Him.
          Ibrahim says exactly, what I am saying too, and that article you posted said the very opposite when it implied that no matter what path you took you will reach heaven. Such teachings are utterly false. Only those who obey God and followed his command will reach heaven, is the message given in all scriptures.

I read, watch and listen in life, then I decide what is right for me. Some other people see things as I do. Maybe..I am wrong in my thinking...but only God knows that..not you.
          Ibrahim says: Can you point to me, where I have said I knew who will enter heaven and who will not? , when I have shown you the words that originate not from me but from the very bible you believe in?

Are you saying, you will decide what is right for you as such that is the will of God?

Or should you now consider what I had conveyed from your own books and find out what exactly did God willed for me?

The choice is yours and my duty is only to convey the truth in a clear manner.

Best regards
          Ibrahim

Understanding is forever unattainable but that is only quest worth serious attention

Comment

Working...
          X