Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is quran only directed at males???!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is quran only directed at males???!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a question :

why is quran (if u read the translation) being addressed to males?... i mean god doesnt actually address women in the way as he/she/it talks to MALES .... it looks like males are the directed audience for the quran?????

and what were the reasons that none of the prophets were females?...

i need some directions here

You have got wrong information. The number of times women have been addressed in Quran is exactly the same as the times men have been addressed in Quran.

Comment

Originally posted by GammaDilation:
      i have a question :
      i can call 911 4 u if you want...woh khud hi aker tum ko pagal-khanay pohuncha dein ge...

God bless u all...

cheez-cakez par baitha hua...
      DerVaisH

------------------
      muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
      bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
      abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
      girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
        You have got wrong information. The number of times women have been addressed in Quran is exactly the same as the times men have been addressed in Quran.
        read al baqara .... its always.... "and u should take care of ur wives...." .... and never "u females ....do this....."

.... y?????

Comment

Seems that way. Women may be mentioned as many times as males are but like Gamma said, it's not you women, it's you men and your women and the like.

Comment

sarah right... thats what i mean...

is there a reason to this...???????????? does any one know????

Comment

In the first place, we need to see whether these types of issues are required to be addressed instead of the main teachings which
              Quran revealed ? and if we start looking into those issues then I am sure we will forget our actual syllabus which we need to cover for final exams and we have very limited and un-certain deadline for such preparation.

There are a lot of things in Quran which are beyond our understanding skills, as Allah knows well the reason of each and everything, and we don't have such capability to understand these type of questions.

However, the only reason that comes in my mind about such " Men' addressing in Quran is based on following facts;

1- All the prophets who were given the books including Quran, were Men.And that's why Allah is addresing them although women are also addressed but virtually.
              2- Men is supposed to be the " Qawwam " on their females and kids according to Quran i.e " Arrijaal-o-Qawwamona Alan-n-Nisa" so he is the main focus of directions, just as the Driver of any car is supposed to know all the rules and regulations of the driving and locations and lateron he can inform such rules and regulation to other passengers of the Car.

Last but not the least, Women is created weak(comparatively) and more vulnerable than Men and hence according to Shariah laws Men is made responsible for their families, not the Women.

Anyway, without minimizing the role of Women in Islam and indulging into any "MEN and WOMEN RANKS in Islam" discussion,we shall simply focus on the questions and issues which we are told to be asked on the day of judgement.

God knows better

Comment

hmmm thanks

that kinda made sense... thanks for taking time to look into those matters

but there have to be some other reasons

Comment

GammaDilation,

It's a matter of understanding. I would understand from the quoted ayat that it increases the responsibility of men a little while. I don't know how u deduced that meaning but the fact remains that Quran addresses men and women equally.

Comment

gamma u have acted like a fool once too often, but if u do this in religion forum too i will try my best to have u banned....
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

armughal bahi i dont understand what ur problem is????????

state it explicitly ok.... u have no right to call me "fool" , "acting smart" , " pervert" , "loser" , "low IQ .... ok.... have i said anything such as this about u????

*u exactly know when u have used those words and in which threads..thank u*

take care

Comment

Originally posted by GammaDilation:
                        i have a question :

why is quran (if u read the translation) being addressed to males?... i mean god doesnt actually address women in the way as he/she/it talks to MALES .... it looks like males are the directed audience for the quran?????

and what were the reasons that none of the prophets were females?...

The best direction I can give is for you to try and improve your knowledge on religious issues. Asking questions about why Allah has done something or not done something is not knowledge and can mislead you. He is All-Knowing and All-Wise. There are many things we cannot understand because of our limited knowledge.

------------------
                        Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
                          The best direction I can give is for you to try and improve your knowledge on religious issues. Asking questions about why Allah has done something or not done something is not knowledge and can mislead you. He is All-Knowing and All-Wise. There are many things we cannot understand because of our limited knowledge.

FF,
                          How is he or anybody else for that matter supposed to improve/gain knowledge about Religion when you Damn them from asking questions?

But the fact is - Mullahs and Orthodoxy do want muslims asking questions; they just want them to:HEAR & OBEY! I stated this matter of fact rather clearly in the post started by Sarah: IS GOD MISOGYNIST?

Asking questions can lead to Heresy - such is the state of islam today.

Originally posted by armughal:
                          gamma u have acted like a fool once too often, but if u do this in religion forum too i will try my best to have u banned....

Similar reaction to asking questions as taken by FactFinder. The difference is one is using DIRECT threat of banning and the other (FF) is using Allah's retribution as a THREAT.

GET THE POINT - They do not wish you to use your intellect & reason. They just want you to OBEY what their scholars have laid out for you as the Sharia'h (practise of islam).

Follower of any dogma should ask questions to what they are being lead to believe. Reactions displayed by FF & armughal should serve as a red flag that they are trying to conceal and do not wish you to know.

NOTE to SENTINEL:
                          If you choose to delete this post as you deleted my rebuttal to your post in your thread: THE COLOURS OF ISLAAM then- ensure I receive a copy of my post in the pm.

In that thread you accuse "Allah's Diversity as an innovation"(naujabillah). My response with DIRECT verses from the Quran were deleted by you.

Comment

Faceup

thats what i am talking about .. we need to ask such questions to get a deeper understanding...

I am a beliver and i want to believe

taking every question as belittling and as a disgrace to islam ..just shows that what propoganda west is throwing at us is right... we need to change ourselves...

nice post

Comment

Originally posted by faceup:
                              FF,
                              How is he or anybody else for that matter supposed to improve/gain knowledge about Religion when you Damn them from asking questions?
                              You gain knowledge by seeking knowledge, not by asking the source why he is wearing the colour of clothes he is wearing. I am game for anybody asking valid questions on the deen, but resent people asking irrelevant and trivial questions. I go to another forum where there are sectins on all sorts of issues. People come and ask valid questions and, Alhumdo Lillah, I answer as many as I can, time and knowledge permitting.

The Qur'an contains knowledge, instaed of reading and understanding it if you ask why it is addressed to males, or why it is in Arabic, or why it has one long sura and so many short ones instead of equal length throughout, or why something else, you are just wasting your time on trivialities.

------------------
                              Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Working...
                              X