Please Translate this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Translate this

Could someone translate surat Al-Fatiha word by word. Thank you.

1:1 Bi ism 'allaah ar rah.maan ar rah.iim

1:2 Al h.amd li 'allaah rabb al aalamiin

1:3 Ar rah.maan ar rah.iim

1:4 Maalik yawm ad diin

1:5 'Eyaaka na bud wa 'eyaaka nastaiin

1:6 Ihdinaa as. S.iraat. Al mustaqiim

1:7 S.iraat. 'Allaziina an amta alayhim Ghayr al maghd.ub alayhim wa laa ad. D.aalliin
    "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

I got this from a web site:

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
    The Beneficent, the Merciful.
    Owner of the Day of Judgment,
    Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.
    Guide us on the straight path,
    The path of those whom Thou hast favored;
    Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

Comment

Thank you Sky.

Can someone who knows arabic do a word by word translation.

Thank you
      "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

***** CAN SOME ADMIN DELETE THIS POST *****

[This message has been edited by asadsalm (edited December 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited December 12, 2001).]

Comment

1:1 Bi - IN - ism - THE NAME OF - 'allaah - ALLAH - ar rah.maan - THE MOST GRACIOUS - ar rah.iim - THE MOST MERCIFUL

1:2 Al h.amd - ALL PRAISE - li - IS FOR - 'allaah - ALLAH - rabb al - THE LORD OF -
          aalamiin - THE WORLDS (OR 2 WORLDS, I AM NOT SO SURE)

1:3 Ar rah.maan - THE MOST GRACIOUS - ar rah.iim - THE MOST MERCIFUL

1:4 Maalik - MALIK(RULER, OWNER, LORD) OF -yawm ad diin - DAY OF JUDGEMENT

1:5 'Eyaaka - YOU ALONE - na bud - WE WORSHIP - wa - AND - 'eyaaka - YOU ALONE - nastaiin - WE ASK FOR HELP

1:6 Ihdinaa as. - GUIDE US ON - S.iraat. Al mustaqiim - THE STRAIGHT PATH

1:7 S.iraat. - THE PATH - 'Allaziina - OF THOSE - an - ON - amta alayhim - WHOM YOUR GRACE/FAVOURS ARE BESTOWED - Ghayr - NOT OF -al maghd.ub - YOUR ANGER - alayhim - ON THEM - wa - AND - laa ad. - NOT D.aalliin - WHO ARE GONE ASTRAY

[This message has been edited by asadsalm (edited December 11, 2001).]

Comment

Jazakallah khair, asadsalm.

Here is a list of some of the words, please correct me if i am wrong.

hamd = praise
            yawm = judgement
            bud = worship
            ihdinaa = guide
            siraat = path
            mustaqiim = straight
            alayhim = those
            ghayr = not of
            allaziina = of those

nastain = ??
            magdh ub = ??
            daalliin = ??

Comment

yawm = day

nasta'een = we ask your help
              maghdoob = anger (as in urdu we say Allah ka ghazab)
              daa'liin = people who lost that (straight) path

Comment

yawm is day. does diin mean judgement?

Comment

Just checking if this works.

Comment

While pronouncing, should we add a "u" after words that end with "d"? For instance, "Al hamd" is pronounced as "Al hamdU".

Does this apply to all words ending with d or does it depend on the following word?

Comment

As u can see above, the "daal" in Al-hamd has a paesh on top, making it "al-hamdu". So it depends on the airaab i.e. zair, zabar and paesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
                        As u can see above, the "daal" in Al-hamd has a paesh on top, making it "al-hamdu". So it depends on the airaab i.e. zair, zabar and paesh.
                        pristine! i don't know urdu either...

Comment

Generally, dashe look-alike punctuations are either zair or zabar as you might see in the above surah. zair is usually below the alphabet and zabar is above the alphabet. zair if added under an alphabet sounds like "ee". For example there is a word called "rub" but if there is a zair below it then it will be read as "rabee". Similarly, if zabar is added in then it sounds like "aa" and would make "rub" as "rabaa". paish is normally added above the alphabet and it looks like tilted "wow" (an arabic or urdu alphabet). You might be able to see one paish in the second pic posted by Pristine that there is this character just at the end of the first word "al-hamd". This punctuation makes it read like "al-hamd-o". I might make the pictures if I u still don't understand it.

Yawm-ud-deen means "The day of reward". The reward can be good or bad and hence meaning the day of judgement.

btw, Thanks Admin for allowing pictures in this fora.

Comment

Jazakallah khair, asadsalm.

Here is a list of some of the words, please correct me if i am wrong.

alayhim = those

--------

Alayhim - ON THOSE
                            Alay/Alal/Ala = ON

Rather, write it as, Elay/Elal/Ela

Comment

Lets try another one...

112:1 Qul huwa 'allaah 'ah.ad

112:2 'Allaah as. S.amad

112:3 Lam yalid wa lam yulad

112:4 wa lam yakun lahu kufuw(an) 'ah.ad

wa = and
                              lam = not
                              S.amad = eternal, absolute

[This message has been edited by aishaA (edited December 12, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X