Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taaweez

Salam
    I want to hear your oppinion about Taweez.
    There are good taweez and evil taweez as well. Black magic is haram, we all know that, but I was thinking whether a girl can use Allah ke kalam ke taaweez to get rid of a man, who she was forced to marry some time back????

I am asking due to a discussion with the friend who is facing this problem.I do understand that her marriage is not valid since it was forced by her family, but is it ok to use taaweez with Allah ka kallam to get divorced when she fears for her life if she uses the normal procedure through the court...

Please elaborate

Well, without a doubt you definately need Allah's blessing in anything you do or face. I personally don't go for Taweez's, I'd rather make special dua's and namaaz's such as Salatul Hajat to ask Allah to fulfill my need. If she is not pleased with this marriage then she should look at ALL her options/consequences before making a step towards divorce. Divorce taken very seriously in our religion. If her mind is made up then continue with the procedures and seek Allah's help.

The culture eh who cares about it, it changes from time to time.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

AoA, it's SHIRK!

Islam-qa.com #11026

Praise be to Allaah.

Attaching pieces of paper on which are written verses from the Qur’aan or du’aas to the body or some part of it, or putting them under the bed, etc., is not permitted, because it comes under the category of hanging up amulets which is forbidden by the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):

“”Whoever hangs up amulets, may Allaah not fulfil his need.”

And:

“Incantations, amulets and being attached to tangible things are shirk.”

And Allaah knows best.
      There's another fatwa on amulets (#10543).

------------------
      "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
      (11:55-56)

Comment

Taweez is just like a doctor presciption u hand it with ur body rather than following it.. rather than following quran we try to close it in leather and attch to our bodies rather than following it...
        Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Thats exactly the discussion I had with my friend, cuz taaweez are so evil..and even tough the peers and imams say that their taweez are sacred and containd Allahs name and so on, I still think it is wrong to put up things like that to get divorced.

I would rather tell her to go to court, but I think when humans feel hopelessness they try every single method to get out from the desperation.

Comment

its more of moral booster

Comment

Once in my life while I was in Pakistan, I had a severe headache and a friend of mine asked to go to a Taaweez seller and ask him for a headache taaweez. I went there and told him that even though I was not a practicing Muslim but please do not write any thing near to Shirak in the taawaeez. He said his tawaeezess never had any thing shirak written in there.
              I got my taaweez, and taaweez giver told me insistingly not to open it and use it as it was given to me. His insisting made me curious and as soon as I got out of his shop, I opened the taaweez, I promise to Allah I would not lie, the taaweez was full of shirak and Allah's name was not even mentioned one time. I discarded the taaweez and asked Allah (SWT) for his forgiveness.
              That is the only experience I have with these Taaweez in my whole life.

Comment

Well Qaasim, thats the same experince I had with taaweez while I was in Pakistan. I got very ill, and my grandmother insisted to get a taaweez for me, since I didnt eat anything at all and was loosing weight and so on.
                So she contacted some baba out there and got me a taaweez and told me not to open it, but my curiousity didnt listen and I opened it as well.
                There were some strange boxes on the paper, and Allah wasnt appearing anywhere so I just threw it out.
                I never believed in taaweez, but now I am sure that its a selling business in pakistan due to peoples ignorance, so one cant believe the baba sahib when he tell you that it is totally Allah ka kalaam.

------------------
                "Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?"

Comment

Working...
                X