Helppp!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helppp!!!!!!!

Guys i need big help from you. I have a Pakistani friend i have known for almost 4 years now. He is 27 years old now. In these past 4 years his personality has changed so much. We actually never had any kind of conversation about religion before and recently i have been feeling that he has gone very far from it. Just few days ago i got into argument with him and it just made me horrified to hear his views about Islam its beleives.
    He told me that he did his research and he read all Quraan and he thinks, all this religion stuff is man made and he says, he is not sure if there exists a God. In his openion its not important to have religion as long as person lives a good life and helps people, and do good things in the world...and then there is no need of God and religion. Apparently, after he read the Quraan(translation and interpretation), he thinks that Quraan and supposed to be a perfect Book but he finds lot of errors in it and he disagrees with lot of things. This is an average pakistani guy i am talking about. his parents pray five times a day he has a very good family, i don't understand what has led him to change so much.
    He said he deosn't pray any more at all, and he fasts only becuz its culture thing. Like everybody is fasting so he has to fast too.

I really want to help him and i want to know how do i convince him of things he has revolted. He has gone very far from Faith and Beleives. This guy is a very successful person , he is educated and he has everything a person could ask for. He was not like that before when i met him, but now he has become a completely different person.
    Waiting for some advice.

Jal_pari i think its natural. I read quran regularly and i dont always like every point. its natural to question and disagree with what is being said that shows that ur actually thinking about certain aspects. He sounds to be a very confident person. Dont worry he will come to right path cause his interest shows that he wants to believe and is just exploring.

[This message has been edited by GammaDilation (edited January 12, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Jal_Pari:
      He told me that he did his research and he read all Quraan and he thinks, all this religion stuff is man made and he says, he is not sure if there exists a God.
      What is the source of his research? and what kind of research he did?
      Originally posted by Jal_Pari: Apparently, after he read the Quraan(translation and interpretation), he thinks that Quraan and supposed to be a perfect Book but he finds lot of errors in it[/b]
      He is good, is not he, He should provide his services to all those highly sophisticated organizations and scholars who have been trying to find a single error in Quran but have never been succeeded but this Joe did get all the work done: WOW. I am impressed by this dude, next time you see him, ask him when was the last time he saw his doctor?
      and he disagrees with lot of things.
      Disagreeing with lots of things is not a new thing.
      This is an average Pakistani guy I am talking about.
      You still think he is an average Joe.
      I think he is Genius,
      Ask him to stop watching too much of Star Track
      He said he doesn’t pray any more at all, and he fasts only because its culture thing. Like everybody is fasting so he has to fast too.
      This proves he is Hippocratic also, if he does not believe in some thing then why practice.

I really want to help him and I want to know how do i convince him of things he has revolted.
      If you are really serious, take him to the doctor and ask doctor to give him some stomach-upset medicine, I am sure you would see dramatic changes in hours.

Comment

Just wait, if he will come back Allah will show him the path. I was lost for quite sometime too till he showed me the way.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
        Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

I guess its normal BUT the Quran can give you more education then all the schooling can, and just look at every Muslim Philosopher, they took everything and all there views and points straight from the Quran, when I need answers about anything the Quran has it. It has the past, present and future. The Quran is amazing.

Comment

Just recently, one of my very very enthusiastically atheist Pakistani friend shocked me by suddenly announcing that he thought religion was very important for one's life, and that from tomorrow we have to go Jum'a prayers, and that he is going fast in Ramzan and he did fast.

It might sound strange but the partial reason for this change was the event of September 11 and its repercussions. It was just during last summer that he and I would have long discussions on the issue of faith. Though I am not religious myself but I do believe in the importance of faith and the correctness and goodness of the religion of Islam. So, I would try very hard to make him believe in these things but without any success. But now I think our dicussions did have some effect on him and in the end he just needed a push. So I think not shoving but gentle nudging will get your friend where you want him to be.

[This message has been edited by Scratch (edited January 12, 2002).]
            I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
            I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

jal_pari,
              Just out of curiosity, why are you saying that you want to help him? I mean he is a grown up man and has made his own choice. Probably, he doesn't want/need any help. In my case, I just wanted to listen to what my friend had to say, what he believed in. Honestly speaking, it was not my intention to make him change his views but I just presented my view-point to him for the sake of discussion.
              I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
              I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Hello Jal Pari.

No I wont say its normal. It is due to lack of belief that he sees all the faults in Quran. He finds himself perfect therefore he has no need for a God in his life. God is the most perfect ever, so why should he need Him???when he himself is a perfect man.

I know several of that kind of guys. And note one thing that it is usually guys and not girls who question God's existence. I knew a guy who had same mentality as the one u mentioned. He also meant that it was ok to be a good human being rather than exaggerating and being a fanatic Muslim. His defintion of being fanatic was to be aware of your Muslim identity all the time, since he meant that one should have a realxed attitude towards religion.

Later I found out that eventhough he belonged to a Pakistani Muslim family, there were some values in the family that had made him think like that. It was the feeling of being different that other Pakistani Muslims around that made the family become totally assimilated in western context. So even tough his parents pray and perform umrah, they do eat haram and stuff like that which make the appear as double standard people.

My point is that some Pakistani families are-beyond their namazi appearance- still not into Islam as one should be. And one cannot do anything for persons who have other priorities in life such as building up a high social status to redefine themselves rather than have a balanced focus on materialism and spirituality!!

I,myself, can improve myself a lot and dont wanna sound like a perfect muslim judging others cuz there is always possibility for positive change!

Comment

Working...
                X