Forgotten sins

Pride
    Greed
    Envy
    Anger
    Lust
    Gluttony
    Sloth

Christianity has been noted to emphasize on these sins a lot.

In Islam these sins are noted and emphasized in the Quran but not elaborated by the people or practiced as much. I guess people can't do much when they themselves are guilty of it.

Pride/Vanity: i.e. # Scholars of Islam showing off their knowledge and looking down on others. i.e. #2 wearing clothes without humility i.e.#3 constant worry of face value in culture and not religion.

Greed: We always seem to want more. We barely follow the ways of our Prophet which extend from eating habits to financial gain.

Envy: Aren't most of us jealous we wished we had what the other has? Why not show love and kindess that our creator has blessed them with his generousity.

Anger: We're alway seeking revenge aren't we? Getting angry on every little thing! What ever happened to forgiveness? Or letting the Divine handle the matter?

Lust: Aah yes, how can we avoid this living in a society which disencourages bashfullness. It starts from the smallest thing like clothes that reveal your figure that gives another a lustful eye. Its a dirty sin most of us are guilty of.

Gluttony: Tsk tsk, we are pigs just can't seem to have enough and can't be thankful for it.

Sloth:Guilty as charged. Couch potatoes aren't we? We could very well spend that time praising him instead we just get comfortably lazy for the hell fire to come.

Think about it. Try and improve yourselves. Start off by avoiding these basic sins.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Originally posted by CocoNut:
    Pride
    Greed
    Envy
    Anger
    Lust
    Gluttony
    Sloth

Perhaps you forgot to mention the severe of all above sins i.e Backbiting.

To me Backbiting(Gheebat) is worst than Fornication/Adultery as Allah will forgive a person who after committing such heinous acts, repent sincerely, but will never forgive a person who has backbited others, unless he will be forgiven by those whom he backbited.And we know who seek or try to seek such forgiveness from the people ??? Almost nobody.

God knows better.

Comment

CocoNut & Sheikhaa: Jazakallah khair

Comment

I thought we'd start from small and build our way up but if you want a severe sin Sheikhaa, its associating Allah with someone.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

I thought we'd start from small and build our way up but if you want a severe sin Sheikhaa, its associating Allah with someone.

My respected fellow,I mentioned Backbiting only because it is in the same category which you mentioned means (related to the Human rights), Shirk is not in that category, it is directly related to Allah, and there is no doubt about its level severity.

Perhaps we are in a habit to keep asking questions and trying to make the discussion lengthy without trying to understand what one intend to say implicitly and in which perspective.

God knows better.

Comment

Originally posted by sheikhaa:
            My respected fellow,I mentioned Backbiting only because it is in the same category which you mentioned means (related to the Human rights), Shirk is not in that category, it is directly related to Allah, and there is no doubt about its level severity.

Perhaps we are in a habit to keep asking questions and trying to make the discussion lengthy without trying to understand what one intend to say implicitly and in which perspective.

God knows better.

Wait, isn't this all related to Allah? I mean we are talking sins here aren't we? You categorized the 7 sins as human rights. Can you explain why is it human rights and not directly related to him?

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CocoNut:
              [B] Wait, isn't this all related to Allah? I mean we are talking sins here aren't we? You categorized the 7 sins as human rights. Can you explain why is it human rights and not directly related to him?

Brother, there are two categories of Sins i.e One is related to Huqooq-ul-Allah( for Allah directly) anything concerning to Tauheed,Shirk, Namaz, Fasting,Haj,Zikr,and all other Ibaadaats.

The second one is Huqooq-ul-Ebad(Related to Human)in which a third party is also involved like Backbiting, telling lie, Envy,using abusive language, hurting somebody,Murdering somebody,Dis-honesty, Robbing somebody, Earning Haraam means of Rizq while deceiving or depriving somebody,Greed, Gossips,Dis-obediencey of Parents,Not feeding Poors,, not caring weaks and youngers etc. etc.

For the first type of Sins one need to repent sincerely to Allah and it is solely upto Allah if he wants to forgive or not to forgive such person.There is nobody between Allah and such person.

Whereas, second type of sins would not be forgiven by Allah alone and the forgiveness of the people who suffered any mental, physical, emotional or financial losses, is a must in order to get Allah's consideration for his forgivenss finally.On the day of judgement if such person will be found liable to have such sins still unforgiven, then the good deeds of such person shall be given to the victims and even if its not compensated then the sins of victims shall be accounted into such person's credit until he will find nothing good left in his credit.

Otherwise, obviously everything in this Universe is related to Allah let alone the sins... but what we are discussing here is not proprietary rights of such sins rather we evaluate the severity of any sin on the basis of " How to get the forgiveness " As with Allah's Mercy(which he himself has mentioned has overpowered his anger and because of his mercy, this whole universe is still alive) we should keep our strong faith that if we repent sincerely before our death inshaallah he will forgive us, but getting all the people's forgivenss(whom we caused any harm by any means right from our early ages) is if not impossible, then for sure extremely difficlut and specially when such victims have already died without forgiving us.

So this is all..... I hope there shall be no more reasoning or arguments on this issue( I request for that)and if there is any... than I leave it to Allah for the guidance to all of us.

God knows better.

[This message has been edited by sheikhaa (edited January 09, 2002).]

Comment

Arguments?
                Who's arguing? I'm asking questions for answers I was not sure about and thanks to you they are somewhat clear.

I'd like to bring up a point. You mentioned the first set of sins (Huqooq-ul-Allah) are forgiveable and the second set are unforgiveable (Huqooq-ul-Ebad). Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? I ask because in the first set Shirk is said to be an unforgiveable sin and so are the rest of the acts obligatory upon us, meaning we have no excuse. Care to explain?

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Arguments?
                  Who's arguing? I'm asking questions for answers I was not sure about and thanks to you they are somewhat clear.

I'd like to bring up a point. You mentioned the first set of sins (Huqooq-ul-Allah) are forgiveable and the second set are unforgiveable (Huqooq-ul-Ebad). Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? I ask because in the first set Shirk is said to be an unforgiveable sin and so are the rest of the acts obligatory upon us, meaning we have no excuse. Care to explain?

My respected fellow,Please Care to read the response thoroughly. I would very sincerely like to request you to please go through my previous response once again and see if I mentioned Huqooq-ul-Allah as only "forgiveable" or I mentioned that it could be forgiven alone by Allah by his great mercy, without anybody else in between Allah and the person.

Whereas, Huqooq-ul-Ebad was mentioned not as Un-forgiveable rather I mentioned that one need to seek the forgiveness of the person(s) whom he caused any harm, and then finally he will be considered by Allah for forgiveness.

Please correct me if I am still wrong as I tried to take great Care as per your advise.
                  Sometimes reading the contents twice or thrice make the things more clear.

God knows better.

Comment

In Islam these sins are noted and emphasized in the Quran but not elaborated by the people or practiced as much. I guess people can't do much when they themselves are guilty of it.

The lack of emphasis may be as you say a result from shame/embarrassment, or perhaps it may be that these things are all things that cannot be truly seen, things that lie within a person..contaminating their heart...and an acknowledgement of such means an acknowledgment of the fact that we are ungrateful, disobedient, 'bad' and it seems that pride gets in the way, people either do not want to admit such faults to themselves or just haven't realized the presence of such faults within...

I think that emphasis is given to such in Islam, by our teachers, scholars and the like, I mean what lecture have we attended that did not include admonishment of such sins, either directly or indirectly. But that emphasis is rarely passed on from one to another, and rarely is one willing to apply it to oneself...

Hmmio, kay i'll stop typing now.

Comment

Working...
                    X