i ve a question for all of u!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i ve a question for all of u!

how could u forget or get the sorrowness or the guiltiness out of ur heart for the bad sin u did for which u r feeling sorry!?

------------------
    Love is Blind &
    Marriage is an eye-opener

Originally posted by mithigudya:
    how could u forget or get the sorrowness or the guiltiness out of ur heart for the bad sin u did for which u r feeling sorry!?
    Just the feeling that you have that you have sinned is enough to get you forgiveness from Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala). The following are certain requirements to get you the forgiveness:

1. Do not discuss your sin with anybody.

2. Repent and promise not to repeat the sin.

3. Ask Allah for forgiveness.

4. Try to forget the sin because Allah is going to forgive you, and you have nothing to worry about, Insha Allah.

------------------
    Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Yeah, but its up to him whether he forgives you or not. So it would keep you wondering if he has forgiven.

My way of doing it is asking him to forgive me for ALL of my sins again and again cuz if i can't forget it then who knows he may have it in his records too.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by mithigudya:

If the Sin is Major by its classification, then following are few things which will inshaallah surely do the patch up but if the sin is Minor, then establishing five times regular Salat and doing Zikr will do the good inshaallah ;

1- Repent sincerely and try to weep in isolation, as Allah love one's rememberance of his/her sins while bringing tears in eyes. It will lighten your heart.

2- Try to establish Tahajjud Namaz even once or twice a week and even just 2-4 Rakats. It will cetainly do the great.Surah-e-Muzammil & Surah-e Mudassir were revealed on Prophet(MPUH) when he was in great sorrow and problems and was much distressed, so Allah asked him to get up in night and seek his help(Just imagine if this Tahajjud can help Prophets, then how much it can help us ??)

3- Do good deeds as much as possible as according to a Sahih Hadith(more or less like): Good deeds wipe-out the sins like water does with uncleaniness.

4- Make Zikr of Istighfaar as much as possible every day.

For Minor Sins there is a Sahih Hadith(more or less like):

A person came to Prophet(MPUH) and told him that last night he has kissed a woman who was not his wife, and asked him to order some punishment so that he will be expiated(look at the Taqwa of those people) and then Prophet(MPUH) replied, did you not prayed Fajir Salat ? the person said yes, I did, then Prophet said so forget that sin as Salat has compensated for your that Sin"

(Please don't take this Hadith as a source of committing any such sin regulary).

Here are few more Ahadith which can help us all in similar situations, just to ease our burden:

1) If Son of Adam were not to commit sins, then Allah would have replaced them with another nation who after committing sins will seek Allah's forgiveness.

2) There is no one innocent except a person whom Allah wish to save from Sins.

3) If Allah's Mercy will not be there then no living being will remain alive on earth.

So remember Allah's Mercy and Wrath both while repenting.

P.Slease no debate on this.The best way is to invest some time by ourselves instead of coming-up with Random questions and arguments.Quraan says " Wala Tafakkaru " and " Wala Tadabbaru" why you not think and make use of your mind ?

God knows better.

[This message has been edited by sheikhaa (edited January 09, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by sheikhaa:
          P.S: please no debate on this.The best way is to invest some time by ourselves instead of coming-up with Random questions and arguments.
          Care to explain this comment?

The purpose of this forum is for members to ask questions, discuss and debate religious issues and increase knowledge. Those who don't like questions are free not to visit this forum. And if all of you agree that we should each do our own research and use our own minds, admirable as it may be, why not should we just close this forum altogether and each of you can do your own thing?

And if someone doesn't agree to an opinon written here, they are free to raise questions and debate the issue. That is why this is called "Discussion Board".

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
            Care to explain this comment?

The purpose of this forum is for members to ask questions, discuss and debate religious issues and increase knowledge. Those who don't like questions are free not to visit this forum. And if all of you agree that we should each do our own research and use our own minds, admirable as it may be, why not should we just close this forum altogether and each of you can do your own thing?

And if someone doesn't agree to an opinon written here, they are free to raise questions and debate the issue. That is why this is called "Discussion Board".

I meant any un-neccessary questioning or reasoning will never do the good for anybody, as I have been observing the amount of un-neccessary and irrelevent discussions for days and days.

Any logical and reasonable question is always welcomed but should not reflect our lack of depth in the basic faith elements.

Anyway, there is nothing personal I myself is in need of following good manners of acquiring knowledge, please go through my post of yesterday " Make sure we are not among such people" and inshaallah it will do the good for all of us.

God knows better.

Comment

Well, what may seem as a "unnecessary" or "irrelevant" question or discussion to one person, may be important to someone else. We all analyze a problem based on our own knowledge and understanding. Things we take foregranted and assume to be "basic" may be tough nuts to crack for others.

The other day, a person asked me, why does Islam require us to eat with our right hand. Now we all know the answer, since we have been told since very early on, but that person who asked me, had never asked nor was informed of the reason. This is to show, that just because something seems very minor or basic to us, doesn't mean it is the same for everyone else.

This forum provides an opportunity to the members to ask questions. If someone is uncomfortable with the questions, they can choose to sit out, and not respond. However, to ask people not to ask questions or to discuss any issue is incorrect.

In any case, there are many websites on the internet, where you can access learned scholars via email, and they will authoritatively answer any queries you may have. So tell me, why do we have this forum here? What do you feel is the reason, or indeed the need, to have this forum?

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited January 09, 2002).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pristine:
                [B]Well, what may seem as a "unnecessary" or "irrelevant" question or discussion to one person, may be important to someone else. We all analyze a problem based on our own knowledge and understanding. Things we take foregranted and assume to be "basic" may be tough nuts to crack for others.

The other day, a person asked me, why does Islam require us to eat with our right hand. Now we all know the answer, since we have been told since very early on, but that person who asked me, had never asked nor was informed of the reason. This is to show, that just because something seems very minor or basic to us, doesn't mean it is the same for everyone else.

This forum provides an opportunity to the members to ask questions. If someone is uncomfortable with the questions, they can choose to sit out, and not respond. However, to ask people not to ask questions or to discuss any issue is incorrect.

In any case, there are many websites on the internet, where you can access learned scholars via email, and they will authoritatively answer any queries you may have. So tell me, why do we have this forum here? What do you feel is the reason, or indeed the need, to have this forum?

My apologies if some body got offended, I sincerely meant that we need to develop a habit of investing some time before raising and question, When Quraan says, Wala Tadabbaru and Wala Tafakkaru, it implies that every person shall think many times before speaking and coming up with some questions which he/she would have got answered if some time was spent.

Anyway, you are right that may be we need to think more emphatically.

God knows better

Comment

Well I agree. Unfortunately, many amongst us may have not even read Quran, let alone figure out what it means.

What remains is my previous question:
                  What, in your opinion, is the purpose of this forum? Or if you wish, we can start a separate thread on the Religion forum, asking the participants, why they visit this forum, and what benefit they get out of it?

Comment

Well I agree. Unfortunately, many amongst us may have not even read Quran, let alone figure out what it means.

What remains is my previous question:
                    What, in your opinion, is the purpose of this forum? Or if you wish, we can start a separate thread on the Religion forum, asking the participants, why they visit this forum, and what benefit they get out of it?

I strongly feel we need to promote this Sahih Hadith(more or less like) as much as possible:

"Acquiring knwoledge of Deen is an obligation on every Muslim Man and Women"

So we need to encourage a real Group discussion forum, what I have seen in my various group discussion forums, is that every person is required to read a certain topic or some Surah or some Hadith before participating into that discussion, and then that discussion becomes more meaningful and productive.Everybody is given a certain time to read some literature on some topic and invest some time on it and then join that discusion forum, that way one feels the importance of learning and investing time and making that forum more useful.

The Dilemma with us now-a-days is the fact that we can spend hours and hours in watching movies, listening to music, playing games, talking to friends for hours and etc. but when it comes to Islam and Deen then we like to get every thing ready just like a ready made Pizza, here you order here you get it within 5-10 minutes. I sincerely intend to let my brothers & sisters feel the importance of this great obligation and discharge this obligation with great respect instead of just getting rid of this obligation.

If I am still not clear , what I meant to say, then once again my sincere apologies.

God knows better

Comment

Well, how do the disucussions in this forum are carried out is entirely the discretion of the members and the moderators of this forum.

I just have a few quick comments before I take my leave from this discussion.

1. This forum is called 'Religion', and not 'Islam'. The reason is simple. We have many non-muslim members as well. We do not want to preclude them from the discussions. Nor do we want to restrict the scope of this forum to a narrow interpretation of a certain school of thought within a sect of islam. That will be most unfortunate. A shi'ite member has as much right to post teachings of his imam, as you and I have to post a fatwa of a sunni scholar.

2. Pakistan may be an Islamic republic, but we do have many non-muslims. Even the muslims there do not share the same faith. Many do not even consider ahadith. Point being, we can not use this forum to paddle a certain point of view. We must keep this forum open for people of all faiths.

3. The primary purpose of this forum is not to get authoritative answers, per se. For that we go to a scholar. As I see it, the primary purpose is to discuss issues with your peers and get a common life response based on their experiences and knowledge. Or, alternatively, if you have something important to share, let everyone read it here, and thus you may be rewarded for the deed.

If, the members feel, the forum is not achieving its purpose, or is becoming a cause of fitna feel free to point that out to the mods or the Administrators of the forum. I am sure all necessary action will be taken to rectify the situation. At the same time, lets not assume that everyone shares the same opinion as we do or treats our scholars with same reverance as we do.

Comment

Well, how do the disucussions in this forum are carried out is entirely the discretion of the members and the moderators of this forum.

Well, then let Islam be at the discretion of people whosoever wants to give it what shape doesn't really matter as long as we are satisfied by not following " Amr Bil Maruf Wa Nahi Anil Munkir" its OK.

1. This forum is called 'Religion', and not 'Islam'. The reason is simple. We have many non-muslim members as well. We do not want to preclude them from the discussions. Nor do we want to restrict the scope of this forum to a narrow interpretation of a certain school of thought within a sect of islam. That will be most unfortunate. A shi'ite member has as much right to post teachings of his imam, as you and I have to post a fatwa of a sunni scholar.

I was really not aware of the fact that this forum is not for the promotion of Islam, whereas Quraan says' Innad Deen-a- Indall-Lahay Islam" Meaning " And the only religion for us is Islam" As regards to Shi'ite members who say they are not muslims, we have differences with them based on very justified reasons but nobody has a right to exclude them from Islam as long as they believe in One God.

(I beg my pardon with my non-muslim fellows).

2. Pakistan may be an Islamic republic, but we do have many non-muslims. Even the muslims there do not share the same faith. Many do not even consider ahadith. Point being, we can not use this forum to paddle a certain point of view. We must keep this forum open for people of all faiths.

3. The primary purpose of this forum is not to get authoritative answers, per se. For that we go to a scholar. As I see it, the primary purpose is to discuss issues with your peers and get a common life response based on their experiences and knowledge. Or, alternatively, if you have something important to share, let everyone read it here, and thus you may be rewarded for the deed.

I am shocked to know the fact that people on this forum are not interested in authoritative answers(I don't believe this), and just spending their time to " Exchange Views " on the matters on which Companions of Prophet(MPUH) were reluctant to speak a single word without any strong reference.
                        (I still doubt if all the fellows feel the same say)

If, the members feel, the forum is not achieving its purpose, or is becoming a cause of fitna feel free to point that out to the mods or the Administrators of the forum. I am sure all necessary action will be taken to rectify the situation. At the same time, lets not assume that everyone shares the same opinion as we do or treats our scholars with same reverance as we do.

Well,If the aims and objectives of this forum (if it is exactly the same as described by you)are " So high and clear " then, I will love to express my inability to remain a member of this honourable Forum anymore,where Islam has become a mere Ping Pong game,May Allah forgive me for doing this.

Last but not the least, I still have great doubt if all other respected members are participating in this forum just for having some " Activity " kind of stuff,and un-fortunately if it is so , then I humbly beg them to please select some topic,other than Religion for expressing their valuable opinions so freely and without any care for Allah's strong grip.

A Sahih Hadith reavels something more or less like:

" Son of Adam has no idea that his/her words make him travel so fast towards the Hell Fire, just like a Fire in Forest goes from East to West "

God knows better.

Comment

As I said, the forum is what we make it to be. In its current form, it is for religious debates, whether on islam, or hinduism, or christianity. Representing Pakistan, we are an inclusive community and not exclusive. So, yes, that is definitely a mis-conception if anyone is under the idea, that this forum is for Islam only. Please read the desctiption of this forum on Gupshup main page.

I am shocked to know the fact that people on this forum are not interested in authoritative answers(I don't believe this),
                          I didn't say that the people are not interested in authoritative answers (thank you for misrepresenting my statement). I had just said that "the way I see it" to get authoritative answers is not the 'primary purpose'. There is no stopping someone using this forum to get authoritative answers, if they feel comfortable with it.

Well,If the aims and objectives of this forum (if it is exactly the same as described by you)are " So high and clear "
                          Whether any member participates in the forum is entirely his or her choice. There is no compulsion. If you wish to change the course of this forum, by restricting it to merely islamic topics, where each participant must preface his post by an ayat or a hadith and search for the right answer before posting on this forum.... then u better open this issue for debate amongst the members, and convey your thoughts to the mods and admins. The way I look at it, being an internet site, the administration of this site neither have the ability to screen participants for their religious knoweldge nor should have any wish to be responsible to exclude large portions of our members from participating.

The rest is upto you guys.

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited January 09, 2002).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pristine:
                            [B]As I said, the forum is what we make it to be.

Here you go......Means Islam shall become what the people make it to be... like a piece of cake to cut from wherever we want, without any problem with great ease.

I have following questions to all the other respected members;

1- Do we really want to play with Islam or Religion ?
                            2- Can we allow anybody to make a mockery of Islam ? while expressing personal opinions and views irrespective of any sound knowledge(asking genuine questions is something different, as one mentioned that somebody asked the question why are we not allowed to eat from our left hand, the answer is in Sahih Hadith that Shaitaan eats from his left hands)that's why.

And if we are in favor of freedom of speech in Religion as well , then why do we hate people like " Salman Rushdi " he has done the same thing, isn't it ?? just used his "Freedom of speech and Expression" what he think about Islam ,Quraan and our Prophet(MPUH).Please keep in mind a Muslim has no freedom except what he has been told by Quraan & Sunnah.

3- Do we really want this Reigious forum to become what people want it to be, instead of taking directions from Quraan & Sunnah ?? for our every deed and most importantly our for our speech(which will be one of the major deciding factor for our Aakhira)

May be we need to look at this Hadith once again and realize are we really not in the same situation ?

When Anas bin Malik, a Companion of the Prophet (s), was about to pass away, he asked his own companions, "Do you want to hear a hadith that no one else has heard, and if I perish, no one will hear it?" They answered, "Yes." He related that, "The Prophet of Allah said to his companions, 'In the last days knowledge will be taken away - yurfa'u al-ilm - and ignorance will increase.' The companions asked, 'How will knowledge be taken away?' The Prophet answered, 'By the passing away of scholars.'"
                            and only ignorants will be left who will start giving Fatwas and advises according to their personal likings or dislikings.

For God sake leave this Religion to " Make it what you want it to be " otherwise pray Allah to keep the Muslim Ummah save from worst to come.As we have seen enough results of the "Westeranization of Islam" and "Latest Editions of Islam" in the light of personal opinions.

God knows better.

Comment

I am talking about the forum. You are talking about the faith.

I thought we are talking about the purpose of this forum, whereas you are twisting everything as an attack on Islam? What are you getting at? I detect a very profound sense of fear. I hope you are not scared of debate. Trust me, many discussions on this forum have become very heated. You need to have a lot of patience and a lot of understanding to survive the debates in an elegant manner.

You keep making the incorrect assumption that all members belong to your faith. They do not. And for the longest time, we had a moratorium on sect-based discussion because members kept on losing their cool at the slightest provocation by members of a different faith. We represent Pakistan, and Pakistan has followers of many faiths. Is it too difficult to understand?

And as far as blasphemy is concerned, the mods of the forum are here to ensure that any post, which disrespects any religious figure, be it islam, be it christianity be it any one, should be removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X