X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Charity

Fwd'ing

The Best Charity

The Prophet [S:A:] constantly emphasized the importance of spending on one's family and the greatness of it in the sight of Allah. A revelation came to Prophet Muhammad [S:A:] and informed him that, "You can never attain piety unless you spend (in the way of Allah) what you love most." [ale-'Imran 3:92]

Abu Talhah [R:A] went to the Messenger [S:A] and said, "I love my land most. I want to give this land in the way of Allah. I want to get my reward from Allah alone. Please accept this property and use it in the manner you think is best." The Prophet [S:A] advised him, "The best charity and most pleasing to Allah is the supporting of one's family and relatives."

Abu Hurayrah [R:A] also reported that the Messenger said: "Of the dinar you spend in the way of Allah, the dinar you spend for the freedom of a slave, the dinar you give away in charity to the poor, and the dinar you spend on your spouse and children, the highest in respect of reward is the one you spend on your family." [Muslim]

He [S:A], further clarified: "Whatever you spend for the sake of Allah, even for a morsel of food that you put in the mouth of your wife, Allah will reward you!" [Bukhari]

This shows the mercy of Allah that He rewards even the act of providing for the needs of one's family as a great act of 'ibadah (worship) and a jihad (struggle) for His sake, which maintaining and nurturing a Muslim family truly is. The Prophet [S:A] is laying the foundations of a happy Muslim household by emphasizing that the material and physical needs of the family members must be looked after. This, since the moral and spiritual development requires a stable Islamic household where spouses and children are able to live in comfort, security, and certainty of future.

Wassalam

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Thanks sadiaa

Comment

Hey Saadia,

I was at Nugget for the last ten days and well every Shaikh or Imam emphasized that Sadqa-e-Jaria is the best charity. Considering it pays till the day of judgement.

If you give in the cause of Allah i.e. to a Islamic school and the children benefit even after u die, you will still be recieving rewards for it.

Well, basically I'm giving a name to this charity you've explained. SADQA-E-JARIA.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Thanks for that.
        was salaam

Comment

Working...
        X