Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a temporary emergency broadcast signal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a temporary emergency broadcast signal.

This life as we know it is temporary. Yeah, I constantly think about it. There isn't much meaning to it. All you do is good deeds or bad. The hereafter is real mccoy.

We are here for him by him. He has put us on this world to test us. We are his slaves. Yet he doesn't need us or our prayers. Our existence is based upon his will.

Makes all the efforts of getting a good education or living well off worthless because it doesn't really matter. Its your deeds that matter in totality and not the secular knowledge/stuff you have acquired which is of absolutely no use in the hereafter.

Then why do the people of this world give so much emphasis to the here and now. Why can't we look at the later? Why so much face value? Why the secular and not the spiritual? Why make it a milkshake of culture and religion?

Its extremely hard not to have expectations of ANYTHING but just trying to do something by simply hoping that you acquire what you want. And even then you don't know if you'll get it regardless of you really wanting it because "he knows what is best for you".

You really don't know what and where does this life lead you to. All you do know is follow his book and your safe.

What is the point of having this temporary happiness!!
    Its all going to be taken away. After all we are the trustees to his estate that he bestows upon us so generously.

If so much emphasis on the hereafter then why even bother with this world! If anything just ask for death in your dua so you can get this life overwith rather than killing yourself which is a sin. No? Why not?

I maybe babbling but I'd like y'all to participate in these thoughts with what you gather.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

AoA, this reminds me of two ahadith, which state that we are not supposed to supplicate for death.

Sahih Bukhari 7576:

We went to pay a visit to Khabbab (who was sick) and he had been branded (cauterized) at seven places in his body. He said, "Our companions who died (during the lifetime of the Prophet) left (this world) without having their rewards reduced through enjoying the pleasures of this life, but we have got (so much) wealth that we find no way to spend it except on the construction of buildings. Had the Prophet not forbidden us to wish for death, I would have wished for it." We visited him for the second time while he was building a wall. He said, -A Muslim is rewarded (in the Hereafter) for whatever he spends except for something that he spends on building."

Sahih Bukhari 7577:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet's companions) said, "Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah."

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited January 02, 2002).]

Comment

Comment

I think the second hadith says it all.

This world is meaningless, but this life is not, for it is this life on which everything that is to be decided depends. How did we spend the time we had, were we conscious of the hereafter, fearful of death, or were we enveloped by pride and greed, were we selfless or selfish, did we remember to care for those around us, did we remember to smile at the people who passed us in the street....

There is so much one can do in the little time one is blessed with in this world, but in the end it is only the mercy of Allah swt that can save us and so the end must be feared - because we don't know our fate.

We must not long for death, yet we should be conscious of it and of the fragility of ourselves and of all that surrounds us and act accordingly.

Comment

Alright then don't supplicate for death.

What can you gain here in this secular world which will help you in the spiritual?

The knowledge the $$ the power
          Will it be useful in the hereafter?
          If so then how?
          Not many know the answer.
          Are we too involved with the here and now?

------------------
          Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
          Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
            Then why do the people of this world give so much emphasis to the here and now.
            Most people are allured by the glitter of this world. Even if they've been told of the hereafter and say "they believe", their actions tell that "they do not believe". Most people forget, they just get caught up in the here and now.

Why can't we look at the later? Why so much face value? Why the secular and not the spiritual? Why make it a milkshake of culture and religion?
            This is something for each of us to decide. If people ignore the Lord's signs and defy his commandments, then they will never be able to see his miracles or truly believe in him.

What is the point of having this temporary happiness!!
            Its all going to be taken away. After all we are the trustees to his estate that he bestows upon us so generously.
            Whatever comes your way, is Allah Subana wa t'aal's Mercy. If he grants you temporary happiness, then count your blessings and be thankful for his mercy.

If so much emphasis on the hereafter then why even bother with this world! If anything just ask for death in your dua so you can get this life overwith rather than killing yourself which is a sin. No? Why not?
            Like you said this life is your test. It is a test held for a given period, you can't bail out on it. You are meant to live a rightous life striving in the path of Allah, not terminate it early via suicide or by begging the almighty to take back something he granted out of mercy, or avoid living a life. I imagine there are people who shun the glitter or this world and think that the best solution would be seclusion and avoid the temptation of this world. I personally believe that we were not meant to become hermits and live in seclusion contemplating God and the hereafter. We are meant to face this world and all its glitter yet see through it and live a rightous life doing our best for the sake of Allah, striving to be steadfast on siratul mustaqeem.

Comment

Oh Before I leave, I wanted to share something I read last night.

"No drop is more dear to Allah than 2 drops; a drop of tear in the fear of Allah, and a drop of blood in the path of Allah."

Comment

Working...
              X