Discussion on Why Quran is Addressed to Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion on Why Quran is Addressed to Men

Regarding the debate going on for "Why Quran was addressed mainly to Men" ? we need to read following Hadith and ponder upon it with our inner visions and Fear of Allah, otherwise, we will end-up in mere great loss.

A Sahih Hadith Quoted in Sahih Muslim says something less or something more like;

" You will find people keep arguing about various things untill the point when they will say, Ok God has created everything, then who created the God ???, and when you hear such thing from yourself or from somebody else, then say "Lahaul Wala Quaatta Illah Billah" or " Aauzubillah Minashaitaan-er-Rajeem'

May be this discussion seems like leading to something similar which abovementioned Hadith has already revealed, so better leave the person with all the doubts in her mind, as before understanding Islam or the Divine matters, one need to first have firm belief in following;

1- In Oneness of Allah.
    2- In Last Prophecy of Muhammad(MPUH).
    3- In all the four Books(whatever is written in these books, specially in Quraan and having firm belief calls for no doubt at all).
    4- In getting another life after the death.

We need to first verify if we all have firm conviction and belief in Quraan, then we shall take it from there, otherwise there are a lot more to aruge for a person who is arguing about such things which is not supposed to keep us safe from Hell Fire or will do any good for our betterment in any of the two lives.Just for example there are couple of more things(out of hundreds)which we may not be able to find any reason or justification from our very limited understanding skills, and where all the science and logic will fail , like;

- How did a She Camel came out of a Mountain having a 10 month old pregnancy ? (during the days of Hazrat Saleh(AS).

- How did Prophet(MPUH) cut down the Moon into two pieces by his finger's ?

- Why there is no meaning of various words like Alif Laam Meem ? Ka Ha Ya Ain Saad ?
    Alif Laam Raa ? etc. etc.

- How Hazrat Eissa(AS) was birthed without a Father ?

- How could a child of few months or year spoke up about the innocence of Hazrat Yousuf(AS)?

We must dis-continue this discussion now and shall pray for our focus on the matters which can save us from Hell Fire and shall not indulge with any irrelevant issue.

I want to ask the person who raised this issue, following;

1- Does she know the Faraiz of Ghusul ?
    2- Does she know the Faraiz of Ablution(Wudu)?
    3- Does she know the Arkan of Namaz?
    4- Does she know the principles of Zakaat?
    5- Does she know when to do Sajda-e-Sahuh in Namaz?
    6- Does she know how to recite Quraan with its correct Tajweed?
    7- Etc. etc. etc.

Above are the questions which we need to know first just like before doing PhD one need to do the Bachelors and Masters.

God knows better.

I admire sheikhaa for what she has written but her logic doesn't hold.

What if a hindu was to say the same thing ?

I.E. Do not question the illogical aspects of religion, just have faith in the 'day to day' working and rituals, as the illogics are for god alone and not for our mere minds.

1) The caste system
    2) Incarnations of god.
    3) cycle of life and rebirth.

Same thing about christians .

1) Jesus is the son of god.
    2) The concept of rapture.

In other words there are many things like these, and if one is to follow what you are suggesting and never really question, then everything being equal, people will just be trapped in the rituals of their respective religions and never really question anything because "they know so little, and these things are beyond them".

Now I agree with you that some people just argue for the sake or argument and the ego boost associated with it, but there are people who ask for genuine interest and you can't discount them.

I asked a learned person once the same question. "Why blindly believe and have faith in out religion and criticize others for doing the same with their respective religions". The answer he gave me :

"God has chosen people to have faith. Some souls are damned to hell before birth. So those who have faith in God, have faith because God willed it so. And since time really doesn't matter 'doomed before birth' = 'doomed after death'."

So there you go.

w'salaam

[This message has been edited by Wadi (edited January 01, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Wadi:

What if a hindu was to say the same thing ?

I.E. Do not question the illogical aspects of religion, just have faith in the 'day to day' working and rituals, as the illogics are for god alone and not for our mere minds.

1) The caste system
      2) Incarnations of god.
      3) cycle of life and rebirth.

Same thing about christians .

1) Jesus is the son of god.
      2) The concept of rapture.

In other words there are many things like these, and if one is to follow what you are suggesting and never really question, then everything being equal, people will just be trapped in the rituals of their respective religions and never really question anything because "they know so little, and these things are beyond them".

Now I agree with you that some people just argue for the sake or argument and the ego boost associated with it, but there are people who ask for genuine interest and you can't discount them.

I asked a learned person once the same question. "Why blindly believe and have faith in out religion and criticize others for doing the same with their respective religions". The answer he gave me :

"God has chosen people to have faith. Some souls are damned to hell before birth. So those who have faith in God, have faith because God willed it so. And since time really doesn't matter 'doomed before birth' = 'doomed after death'."

So there you go.

w'salaam

With all the due respect, I simply want to ask few questions for my better understanding first i.e;

1- Can anybody become a Muslim with such type of questions ?? or he/she needs to know why there is only One God.

2- Even if such type of questions will be kept in discussion there is no benefit to a Muslim let alone a non-muslim can be benefited from it.Do we feel our Eimaans getting further strong if we discuss and even get somehow some satisfactory(for our mind) answers ?

3- Did Prophet (MPUH) or any of his companion discussed, taught or addressed such issues while giving the Dawah ??

4- Am I not correct in saying that there are different levels of knowledge for different level of people i.e for a non-muslim the first and foremost thing should be to know the very basics of Islam like Tauheed, Kalma, Namaz etc.then for the second higher level of people its important to know, the further details of such basics, then based on the hierarchy of people(as per their level of Taqwa & Eimaa) the knowledge shall be imparted.

5- I reiterate on the point that shall we allow a person having severe Heart problem, to climb on the 4rth floor of any building ? or can a child of few months be allowed to run(or can he actually dare to run ?)

I never mean that, we shall not inquire about the things which we are supposed to know but my concern is not to get indulge with issues which none of the companion of Prophet and even Prophet himself ever tried to discuss.Whosoever, has to become a Muslim will put his/her faith in some real issues.

Just for another example, a Sahih Hadith reaveals something more or something less like that :

"One day few companions of prophet(MPUH) were discussing the matter of Divine and Decree outside the house of Prophet(MPUH),when Prophet heard such discussion he came out and in great anger said to his companions, Are we here to dicuss such issues which destroyed the nations before us ? Be reminded, I order you not to discuss such matters for these lead to great destruction.

Last but not the least, the people who are really sincere in learning about Islam will never start with these types of irrelevant questions, instead they will love to know why there is only One God ? why the Muslims go five times a day to Mosque, why Muslim try to follow Sunnah of Prophet and similar. Honestly speaking, I had been to many countries and worked with people of different nations and religions, and I never came across any such question from any Christian, Hindu or Sikh(who were really sincere in knowing the truth about Islam)

If we keep responding to the people of other type(who without knowing the basics of Islam, start talking about such issues)then I am sorry to say we are wasting our time as Quran ordered us saying;

"Yaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamano! Qu Anfusikum wa Ahlikeekum Nara"

Meaning; O you who believe, first strive to save yourself from Hell Fire and then save your family.

It clearly ordered us to first protect our ownselves from Hell Fire even before our family, then how can we start wasting our time in responding to these type of questions where even we haven't done best to save our ownselves and our family members.

Did we ever see a Patient who is seriously ill,striving for life and in need of urgent surgery, asking about the colour of Bedsheets on the Hospital beds ??? otherwise he/she will not go for any treatment in that hospital if the colour of Bedsheets will not be of his/her choice ?if yes, then what would we say about such patient ??? Is he/she really in need of getting a good treatment or making a mockery of the medical treatment.

This is all from my side, no further debate as I don't see myself fully prepared for saving me and my family first from the Hell Fire, I treat all the muslims as next to my family but cannot waste my time if my own Betterment is on stake and if I feel like getting involved in any un-neccessary questions.Please forgive me if I hurt anybody.

God knows better.

[This message has been edited by sheikhaa (edited January 01, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Wadi:

One more point, to be noted and realized i.e While asking such type of questions and getting somehow some reply, do we think that we are safe ???? some other person having similar kind of doubts will not come-up with some more questions ????????

Just for example, Can we hold anybody from asking further that why a person is dooomed to Hell Fire before the birth ? and why the other is not ?? and if this was done by nature then why he/she should be blamed for his/her deeds ?? we have a good reply for that in perspective of Divine and Decree but again Can we hold anybody from asking then why this all in-equality has been done from the begining, and who did such in-equality ????????? Why there are some pre-chosen Good people and pre-chosen Bad people ??? Is it fair ??? Is that according to the rules of a fair play.

We can respond them that look... its the power of limited freedom(been given to us by Allah)which makes a man good or bad, and its not the fate, but again they can ask, then why some people are blessed with good use of such limited freedom and why Allah says that" Nobody is innocent except those whom Allah wish to save" Why Allah not wished to save "the others" ???

So here you go.......... leading to same point where Shaitaan gets strength and create much more doubts in one's minds, specially for those who doesn't have very indepth knowledge and conviction.

I can challenge that every such type of question will surely lead to a point where no scholar or nobody has any answer or justification and then Shaitaan will get overpowered to the very limited human understanding skills.

Just to sum up, Shaiataan(Iblees was one of the most knowledgeable among all the Angels and most prayful to GOD before he disobeyed
        so if we try to fight with him in matters where only Propehts got able to face him(only & only with Allah's help) then we will surely end-up with mere great loss of time and God forbade may be of our leftover Eimaan.

Also please note that sheikhaa is " He " not a " She", just for your further correspondance and for not letting me feel like change of my gender at this age,where I have been trying to concentrate on acquiring good knowledge and saving myself from Hell Fire.

Last but not the least,I end up with following words of Quraan;

" Even if all the trees on Earth were pens, and the Oceans ink, with seven more oceans added to it,the words of Allah would not be exhausted; for Allah is infinite in Power and Wisdom " ( Al-Quraan 31:27)

Can we or anybody else even dare to think about understanding every single revealtions of the "Al-Aleem" ????

God knows better

[This message has been edited by sheikhaa (edited January 01, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X