No announcement yet.

Marriage (Islam vs Traditions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life will be no better than the plans we make and the actions we take. Yet, many of us, all too often, act like they are sitting at a traffic light that is red, waiting for the green light before they are going to do anything.

I believe that Allah has made it clear that He SWT, wants us to live as if we have the green light, and keep on working until He puts on the red light. However, judging by what we see in our communities, the appreciation of the calue of action is not wide spread.

Many people actually spend endless hours dreaming about things they truly want in their lives, but they fail to bring them into reality because they hesitate to take the first step towards achieving that. They fail to take action.

Its not limited to Muslims, this is a universal problem. It is just more difficult to accept or justify when the lack of action comes from a Muslim. Everything Islam teaches revolves around action and doing, in Islam, faith or Emaan is action based. "Anyone who does an atom's weight of good shall see it. And anyone who does an atom's weight of evil shall see it". (99:7-8)
    The Quran and Sunnah are full with verses and hadith that indicate the significance and the virtue of action. Muslims should be able to appreciate the value of action and benefit from it more than any other people. Is this the case today?
    One's Emaan will never be true if one does not act on that which he/she believes in.

Some believe that limiting action helps attaining perfection and avoiding mistakes. The answer to the first part of such a claim depends on what is meant by perfection. If it is theoretical, utopian type of perfection, then this claim is seen as justification for not wanting to take action. And if it is doing one's best to complete an action, then that should not limit or hinder action.

The making of mistakes mentioned in this claim - supporting limited or no action option -- is considered to be one of the "hidden values" of actively taking action: the value of action is that we make mistakes. Mistakes show us what we need to learn. They indicate what we should study if we were to be successful. And whether it is finding more information, or needing more practice of what we already know, our mistakes become the golden arrow saying, "Study me if you want success." And from one mistake to the other, as it is said, we discover the entire truth. Mistakes should be one reason we should act, and we should be grateful that we can recognize them.

Comment

Allah SWT says in the Quran " Will you command people to do good and forget to do it yourself?" 2:44
      This means that one should enjoin good and do it, and forbid evil and avoid it. This is an obligation. And because of that one should enjoin good and forbid evil evin if one does not act like what one says. In this case he would be satisfying half of the obligation. This is better than doing nothing at all.
      The fulfillment of this obligation is ensured when one teaches well and practices the same. Those of us who do both of these things are doing two virtuous deeds that lead to perfection. But a person who contents himself with teaching the good without practicing it, is actually acting well by teaching and acting badly by failing to put his teaching into practice. In essence he is mingling good with bad. This case is favorable to that person whou would not teach the good anymore than he would practice it. Such a man, although not virtuous, is more worthy of imitation; he is less blameworthy than someone who forbids the teaching of good and opposinganyone who practices it.
      If it was only a man completely without sin who had the right to forbid evil, if it was only the man of perfect virtue who would preach the good, nobody yet would have forbidden evil or ordained the good after the death of the Prophet SAW. This should be enough to make clear to you the corruption and wickedness of anyone who might think this.

"Everything Allah orders us to do is founded in justice, and everything He prohibits us from doing is founded in injustice" Imam ibn Taymiyyah
      "How many of the Prophets fought (in Allah's way), and with them (fought) large bands of goodly men? They never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah's way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in. And Allah loves those who are firm and steadfast" (3:146)
      "What is the life of this world but amusement and play? But verily the home in the Hereafter - that is life indeed, if they but knew" (29:64)
      "If you are unable to benefit your brother, do not harm him, and if you cannot give to him, do not take from him" Ibnul Jawzi

"If knowledge without action were of benefit, why did Allah condemn the scholars of the People of the Book? And if action without sincerity were of benefit, why did He condemn the hypocrites?" Imam Ibnul Qayyim

"There is hope for the one who sins because of his desires, but I fear for the one who sins out of pride. Adam (AS), succumbed to his sinful desire and was forgiven, but Satan sinned because of his pride and was cursed." Sufyan ibn Uyaynah

Comment

SPEAKING THE TRUTH!

A Muslim caller who has high aims does not allow himself to keep silent in front of the evil-doers, even if they are powerful. He considers the permission to keep silent to be only for the oppressed laymen. As for the da'iyahs, scholars, and active leaders, they should persist in their determination and speak the Truth out loud, no matter what happens, be it harassment, torture, or even death.

[This message has been edited by Different (edited April 03, 2002).]

Comment

Making lawful what Allah had decreed unlawful, and unlawful what Allah had made lawful.

It is a major shirk to believe that anybody besides Allah SWT has the right to make lawful what Allah had made unlawful or to make unlawful what Allah had made lawful, or to willingly and by choice bring suites to any court relying on any laws others than the shariah, believing this is permissable while Allah mentioned it as a major kufr saying: "They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah." (9:31) When Adee Ibnu Hatim heard this verse being recited by the Messenger of Allah SAW, he said; "But they were not worshipping them." The Prophet SAW said; "That's right but they (the monks) made lawful what Allah has forbidden, and they obeyed them (the monks), and (the monks) had forbidden what Allah has made lawful and they obeyed them, and that is their worship to them." (Muslim) Allah described those who associate others with Him as those who: "Forbid not that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth." (9:29) Allah also said: "Tell me, what provision Allah has sent down to you! And you have made of it lawful and unlawful. Say: Has Allah permitted you to do so, or do you invent a lie against Allah?" (10:59)

Comment

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 43:
            Volume 3, Book 43, Number 624:
            Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."

Volume 3, Book 43, Number 627:
            Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
            The Prophet said, "Oppression will be a darkness on the Day of Resurrection."

Volume 3, Book 43, Number 628:
            Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet sent Mu'adh to Yemen and said, "Be afraid, from the curse of the oppressed as there is no screen between his invocation and Allah."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 14:
            Narrated 'Aisha :

I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Suppose you landed in a valley where there is a tree of which something has been eaten and then you found trees of which nothing has been eaten, of which tree would you let your camel graze?" He said, "(I will let my camel graze) of the one of which nothing has been eaten before." (The sub-narrator added: 'Aisha meant that Allah's Apostle had not married a virgin besides herself .)

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 27:
            Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a losers.

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 28:
            Narrated Sahl:

A man passed by Allah's Apostle and Allah s Apostle asked (his companions) "What do you say about this (man)?" They replied "If he asks for a lady's hand, he ought to be given her in marriage; and if he intercedes (for someone) his intercessor should be accepted; and if he speaks, he should be listened to." Allah's Apostle kept silent, and then a man from among the poor Muslims passed by, an Allah's Apostle asked (them) "What do you say about this man?" They replied, "If he asks for a lady's hand in marriage he does not deserve to be married, and he intercedes (for someone), his intercession should not be accepted; And if he speaks, he should not be listened to.' Allah's Apostle said, "This poor man is better than so many of the first as filling the earth.'

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 69:
            Narrated Khansa bint Khidam Al-Ansariya:

that her father gave her in marriage when she was a matron and she disliked that marriage. So she went to Allah's Apostle and he declared that marriage invalid.

Comment

Book 40, Number 4588:
              Narrated AbuRafi':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Let me not find one of you reclining on his couch when he hears something regarding me which I have commanded or forbidden and saying: We do not know. What we found in Allah's Book we have followed.

Book 24, Number 3566:
              Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Judges are of three types, one of whom will go to Paradise and two to Hell. The one who will go to Paradise is a man who knows what is right and gives judgment accordingly; but a man who knows what is right and acts tyrannically in his judgment will go to Hell; and a man who gives judgment for people when he is ignorant will go to Hell.

Book 24, Number 3568:
              Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone seeks the office of judge among Muslims till he gets it and his justice prevails over his tyranny, he will go to Paradise; but the man whose tyranny prevails over his justice will go to Hell.

Book 24, Number 3590:
              Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

Yahya ibn Rashid said: We were sitting waiting for Abdullah ibn Umar who came out to us and sat. He then said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: If anyone's intercession intervenes as an obstacle to one of the punishments prescribed by Allah, he has opposed Allah; if anyone disputes knowingly about something which is false, he remains in the displeasure of Allah till he desists, and if anyone makes an untruthful accusation against a Muslim, he will be made by Allah to dwell in the corrupt fluid flowing from the inhabitants of Hell till he retracts his statement.

Book 24, Number 3592:
              Narrated Khuraym Ibn Fatik:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) offered the morning prayer. When he finished it, he stood up and said three times: False witness has been made equivalent to attributing a partner to Allah. He then recited: "So avoid the abomination of idols and avoid speaking falsehood as people pure of faith to Allah, not associating anything with Him.
              Hadith Qudsi 5:
              On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (glorified and exalted be He) said:
              I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.

It was related by Muslim (also by Ibn Majah).
              Hadith Qudsi 6:
              On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:
              The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasa'i).
              On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:
              O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

Comment

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
                Pride is my cloak and greatness My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them I shall cast into Hell-fire.

It was related by Abu Dawud (also by Ibn Majah and Ahmad) with sound chains of authority. This Hadith also appears in Muslim in another version

On the authority of Abu Sa'id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:
                Let not any one of you belittle himself. They said: O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself? He said: He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such? He say: [It was] out of fear of people. Then He says: Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear.

It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.

Comment

On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:
                  Paradise and Hell-fire disputed together, and Hell-fire said: In me are the mighty and the haughty. Paradise said: In me are the weak and the poor. So Allah judged between them, [saying]: You are Paradise, My mercy; through you I show mercy to those I wish. And you are Hell-fire, My punishment; through you I punish those I wish, and it is incumbent upon Me that each of you shall have its fill.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari and at-Tirmidhi).

Comment

Allaah SWT is Just, deals with people justly, and loves those who establish, maintain or stand up for justice. He has created human beings also with a propensity and liking for justice.
                    Normally people like to be fair and equitable unless their innate tendency towards justice is overshadowed by their own self interest, their love of their own,
                    their loyalties, their biases, their prejudices, their
                    arrogance of power, their anger or hate towards some people, their desire for revenge, etc.
                    When an individual, a community or a state is
                    overtaken by self interest, favouritism for their own and anger, revenge or hate against others, justice is the first victim. When that happens, the party on the receiving side of injustice, reacts with similar
                    attitude, perhaps even more strongly. Each party’s effort to get back more forcefully grows into a spiraling cycle of violence and terrorism. This ends up making the peace and security of humanity the ultimate victim of injustice. That is why there can be no peace in this world without justice.
                    The goal of Islam being the establishment of an ideal peaceful and fair society, justice has been extremely emphasized in the Holy Qur-aan. Knowing how people drift towards injustice, it advises Muslims to let justice triumph over all other emotions, feelings and
                    attitudes. Muslims are told:
                    “O believers, be the enforcers/establishers of justice, giving witness for the sake of Allaah, even if it is against yourselves, your parents or your kith and kin. Whether they are rich or poor, Allaah has more rights than any on them. Do not let pursuing your desires come in the way of being just.” An-Nisaa 4:135

“O believers, be the enforcers/establishers of justice, giving witness for the sake of Allaah, and do not let your animosity towards any people incite you against practicing justice. Be just! That is the pious way.” Al-Maaidah 5:8

Keeping this commandment of Allaah in mind makes it easy for Muslims to discern how they should react to or behave in the current circumstances of the world.
                    Many people are torn between their loyalties to their country of residence, their families and their belonging to the Muslim Ummah. Some are confused how to react. These verses clarify the matter. Muslims must speak up and stand up for justice regardless of where they live, who is the victim and who is the perpetrator.

Comment

The Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) Last Sermon

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' (in Mecca).

After praising, and thanking Allah he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

Comment

The one who will be dearest to God and nearest to Him in the station on the Day of Resurrection will be a just imam and the one who will be most hateful to God on the Day of Resurrection, and will receive the severest punishment will be a tyrannical imam.
                        (Tirmidhi).
                        (Sayings of Muhammad. by Prof. Ghazi Ahmad).

64.A creature is not to be obeyed when it involves disobedience to the Creator.
                        (Sharra-as-Sunna).

65.Do not ask for any high office, for if you are given it after asking, you will be left to discharge it yourself; if you are given it without asking you will be helped to discharge it.
                        (Bukhari, Muslim).

66.He who has been ruler over ten people, will be brought in the Day of Resurrection, shackled till justice loosens his chains or tyranny brings him to destruction.
                        (Darimi).

67.The most excellent jihad is when one speaks a true word in the presence of a tyrannical ruler.
                        (Tirmidhi).

Comment

No judge must give judgement between two people when he is angry.
                          (Bukhari, Muslim).

70.If anyone who seeks the office of Qadi among Muslims till he gets it and his justice prevails over tyranny, will go to paradise; but the man whose tyranny prevails over justice will go to hell.
                          (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah).

71.God is with the Qadi as long as he is not tyrannical, but when he is tyrannical, He departs from him and the devil attaches himself to him.
                          (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah).
                          127.Adhere to truth, for truth leads to good deeds and good deeds leads him who does them to paradise. Falsehood is wickedness and wickedness leads to hell.
                          (Muslim).
                          (Sayings of Muhammad. by Prof. Ghazi Ahmad
                          He is a bad man who is proud and puts on airs and forgets the Most Great and Sublime One.
                          (Tirmidhi, Baihaqi).

173.He who has in his heart as much faith as a grain of mustard seed will not enter hell, and he who has in his heart as much pride as a grain of mustard seed will not enter paradise.
                          (Muslim).

180.God grants a respite to the oppressor, but when He finally seizes him, He will not let him escape.
                          (Bukhari, Muslim).

181.Beware of the plea of the oppressed, for he asks God most high only for his due, and God does not keep one who has a right from receiving what is due.
                          (Baihaqi).

182.If anyone walks with an oppressor to strengthen, knowing that he is an oppressor, he has gone forth from Islam.
                          (Baihaqi).
                          199.If anyone of you sees something objectionable, he should change it with his hand, but if he cannot, he should change it with his tongue, and if he cannot he should do it in his heart, that being the weakest form of faith.
                          (Muslim).

Comment

244.Actions will be judged by intentions, and everyone will be recompensed according to what he intended.
                            (Bukhari).
                            (The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam (arb: Al halal wal haram fil Islam) by. Yusuf Al Qaradawi).

325.When someone with whose religion and character you are satisfied asks for your daughter in marriage, accede to his request. If you do not do so there will be corruption and great evil on the earth.
                            (Tirmidhi).
                            (The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam (arb: Al Halal Wal Haram Fil Islam) by. Yusuf Qaradawi).

322.Three matters should not be delayed: salat when its time comes, burial when the funeral has arrived, and the marriage of a single woman when a man of equal status has proposed.
                            (Tirmidhi).
                            (The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam (arb: Al Halal Wal Haram Fil Islam) by. Yusuf Qaradawi).
                            335.Each one of you is a caretaker (ra'iy) and is responsible for those under his care.
                            (Bukhari, Muslim).

336.Allah will ask every caretaker (ra'iy) about the people under his care, and the man will be asked concerning the people of his household.
                            (Ahmad, Nisai and Abu Dawud).
                            367.Narrated Abdullah bin Amr bin Al As (Allah be pleased with him): I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) saying: "Allah does not take away the knowledge by taking it away from (the hearts of) the people, but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men till when none of the (religious learned men) remains, people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead people astray."
                            (Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 1).
                            (Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan et.al.).
                            Man is the ruler in his home. He will be held responsible for the conduct of his dependents, and woman is the ruler in her husband's home. She will also be held responsible for the conduct of her dependents.
                            (Bukhari).
                            Ali (RA), the Fourth Caliph, say: 'The conditions laid down by God take precedence over the conditions set by man.'
                            (Ahmad).

Abu Hurairah reports that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: 'A grown-up girl shall be asked permission about herself. If she is silent, it is her permission; and if she declines, there shall be no compulsion on her.'
                            (Muslim).
                            .Ibn Umar says: 'Uthman b. Mazu'um left behind a young daughter. My uncle, Qudamah, married her to me, and did not even consult her. When the girl came to know this, she disliked this marriage and she wished to marry Mughirah b. Shu'bah. So she was married to Mughirah.
                            (Ibn Majah).
                            Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The noblest charity is that a Muslim acquires some knowledge (of the Deen) then imparts it to a brother Muslim."
                            (Ibn Majah).
                            Hadhrat Sufyaan Ibn As'ad Khadrami (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that he heard Muhammad (peace be upon him) say: "Indeed it is an act of the greatest abuse of trust if you tell a Muslim brother something which is false while he believes that you are telling him the truth."
                            (Abu Dawud).
                            Hadhrat Muaaz (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever taunts a brother (Muslim) with a sin (which the Muslim has committed), will not die until he (the taunter) commits the same sin."
                            .Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do not unnecessarily dispute with a brother (Muslim) nor joke with him in such a way which displeases him. Do not promise him something which you cannot fulfil."
                            Hadhrat Ibn Abaas (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "When khiyaanat (abuse of trust) becomes rampant in a people, Allah Ta'ala overwhelms their hearts with fear. A nation perpetrating injustice will be overpowered by its enemies."
                            (Malik).

Comment

Hadhrat Thaubaan (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "There will soon come a time when all nations (of the kufaar) will unite against you ( Muslims)..." Someone asked: "Will we be less in numbers at that time?" Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: 'In fact, you will be numerous, but useless...Allah Ta'ala will remove your respect and your fears from the hearts of your enemies (who will then despise you) and Allah will instil weakness in your hearts." Someone asked: 'What is the cause of the weakness?' Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Love of the world and detestation for Maut."

Comment

Why do we have to follow the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad and not just follow the Qur'an?
                                The question may appear strange and somewhat surprising to committed, practising Muslims. How can something which is so obviously one of the bases of Islaam become a matter for discussion and debate? But since the question has been asked, we will present, with the help of Allah, the principles and bases of the importance of the Sunnah, the obligation to follow it and the ruling concerning those who reject it. By so doing, we will also refute the doubters and the misguided group who call themselves “Submitters” (the Qur’an has nothing to do with them!) Insha'Allah this discussion will be of benefit to everyone who wants to understand the truth of the matter.

Proof of the importance of the Sunnah from the Qur'an itself:

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah...” [4:80] Allah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger...” [4:59]

Allah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “...And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [24:63]

Allah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: ”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [4:65]

Allah commands His slaves to respond to Him and His Messenger: “O you who believe! Answer Allah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he calls you to that which will give you life...” [8:24]

Allah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: “... (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger...” [4:59]

Allah also calls all people who accept Allah but refute the Messenger as 'Real Kafirs': “Verily, those who deny Allâh and His Messengers and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His Messengers (by believing in Allâh and disbelieving in His Messengers), saying: "We believe in some but reject others": and (those who) wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth (equally) Unbelievers; and We have prepared for Unbelievers a humiliating Punishment. To those who believe in Allah and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of the Messengers, We shall soon give their (due) rewards: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.” [4:150-153]

Comment

Working...
                                X