X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thequran.com,I found a site on here....

I found a site on http://www.thequran.com
    that I thought was quite interesting!!
    It says on this site that there are no explict words spoken by Allah in the Quran. It's all spoken by third person....hmmmmm!!
    This, I did not know
    Maybe this statement is not true...
    I was just woundering what u all thought abt. it

Here's the URL: http://bibleandquran.org/whoseword.htm

Bree,

What did you think the "use of third person" or the "use of plural" means in the Quran? You raise this issue of the third person but fail to answer what it signifies. Neither does the link that you generously provided. What a waste!

Maybe we can talk about the binLadens of Christianity, its abominable Clergies and repression of the masses - not too long ago.

HOWEVER - Here's what, 'the use of the third person and plural" in the quran means.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur'an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue. (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa'imah, 4/143).

"Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): 'Verily, We have given you a manifest victory" [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that." (Al-'Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).
    http://www.sbu.ac.uk/islamic/quran/we.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bree:
      It says on this site that there are no explict words spoken by Allah in the Quran. It's all spoken by third person....hmmmmm!!
      Ibrahim says: Greetings of Peace to one and all,

Hi Bree, I believe that web site had misled you, apart from the reply posted by faceUp ( am indeed surprised but thank you faceup, I never new I would be doing that in this forum ) . The Creator indeed conversed directly to one Prophet and that testimony is found both in the Qur’an and Bible .
      The others texts are “relayed” by the angel Gabriel and The Creator does not have to talk directly with his creations when he has appointed servants to so.

This is like our government having spokes person and secretaries to take care of things.

Just so that you can be sure that the web site has misled you

Read!

Qur’an, surah Ta Ha 20:

11 But when he came to the fire a voice was heard: "O Moses!

12 "Verily I am thy Lord! Therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa.

13 "I have chosen thee: listen then to the inspiration (sent to thee).

14 "Verily I am Allah: there is no god but I: so serve thou me (only) and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.

compare with

Bible, Exodus 3:

4. When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."

5. "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."

6. Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

Hope you need no further evidence or explanations.

Just in case you may feel that the author of that web site is more credible, ask her to respond to this For I am still waiting for her to reply for something she authored in her web site
      http://www.indolink.com/Forum/Arts-C...ages/2800.html

[This message has been edited by Ibrahim (edited December 28, 2001).]

Comment

I am also surprised by the contents of faceup's post. I would like to see this type more often, please. I shall add from a different perspective as he and brother Ibrahim have done a good job from their view.

The site is nothing but false propaganda against Islam. If any person sincerely reads the Qur'an he/she will find several reasons taht make it a miracle, beyond a human's capabilities for writing. The list is long and includes, literary style, detail of history, knowledge of human beings and surroundings (embryology, eart, universe, etc.), superiority of laws, superiority of rules for human relationships (marital, family, with state, etc.).

The intention of the reader estabishes what he/she will learn from what is being read. This applies to all text, not to Qur'an alone.

------------------
        Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

U all have very good point's!! I thought that this site had "true" info. abt. the Quran. Guess, that's what I get for thinking,lol. Anyways, thanx to all who replied, guess I was just was mislead by the site

Comment

Working...
          X