Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imam Shafe'i 's poety on Ahl-e-Bait

Dear Brothers/Sisters,

Lets see what Imam Shafe'i, the founder of Shafe'i school of thought of Ahl Al-Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, says about Ahl-e-Bait(AS):
    ----------------
    On one hand, we send supplications (Durood) on the Hashmite Prophet..
    And on the other hand, we tease his Household, Thats a strange thing of course!
    -----------------
    If loving the household of Prophet is a sin...
    Then i'll never repent on this sin!
    -----------------
    Of course, on the day of judgement, they (Ahl-e-Bait) will enter me (in heaven)
    and Shafe'i (I) considers hatred towards household (of Prophet), a major sin.
    -----------------
    O household of Prophet,Allah has declared it mandatory (on every Muslim) in His book, the Holy Quran!..
    To love you (and to give respect to you)!
    -----------------
    It is enough for your unprecedented/matchless greatness that..
    Skipping supplication (Durood), viods the prayers and makes it null!
    -----------------
    They (the enemies of household of Prophet) say that you (Imam Shafe'i) is a Rafedhi..(name given to Shias in past)
    No never, Razdh is neither my faith nor my belief
    -----------------
    But needless to say that in my heart..
    there is much love (and respect) for the greatest leader (Imam Ali(As)!!!)
    -------------------
    If loving Ali un Wali Allah (the friend of God?), is Rafdh..
    Then I'm Rafedhi of 1st rank!
    ------------------
    O Camel rider! Stand in the open field of Mina and wait till all the pilgrims arrive there...
    Announce that if loving and respecting household of Prophet is Rafdh and then, by Allah, i'm a Rafedhi!
    -------------------
    If anyone talks about Ali (as) and Fatima (as) and their sons..
    They (enemies of Ahl-e-Bait) mend this way, they think that it is a foolishness (to remember Ali and fatima)
    -----------------
    When I talk about Ali and his sons, they talk about other things..
    They say "O people, leave this topic, as it is the way of Rafizites" (Shias)!
    -----------------
    I dissasociate myself from those (people)
    who believe that remembering the sons of Fatima(AS) is Rafdh...
    -----------------
    Supplications (Duroods and Salams) of my Allah be upon Prophet (pbuh)..
    And curse of Allah be upon this ignorance and infidelity (hating Ahl-e-Bait)!!!
    -------------
    Note: Dear Brother/Sisters: There is a greater possibilty of error in translating those couplets in English. These couplets have been translated from Urdu translation of the Arabic couplets of Imam Shafe'i Thank You..

Ref: "Falsfa-e-Islam" or "Philosophy of Islam" written by "Justice Agha Sultan Mirza Dehalvi"

No less a personality than Imama Shafi’I regarded as a founding father of a school of jurisprudence in Islam, in a famous ode in praise of the Ahlul-Bait has not only stresses their love to be a synonym for faith but has categorically rebuked those who deny their pre-eminence:

O rider stand on the stony ground of Mina.
    And cry to those stopped at Khif and those bestirring
    When the pilgrims come at dawn to mina.
    Moving like the rolling of the waves of the surging Euphrates.
    If love for Muhammads ‘aal’ (family) is Rafdh (heresy).
    Then Jinn and Men bear witness I am a Rafidhi (heretic).

Ref: Fakhruddin Razi, ‘al-Tafsir al_Kabir’, interpretation of Shura chapter (42:23)

[quote]Originally posted by iqra_786:
    Lets see what Imam Shafe'i, the founder of Shafe'i school of thought of Ahl Al-Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, says about Ahl-e-Bait(AS):
    But needless to say that in my heart..
    there is much love (and respect) for the greatest leader (Imam Ali(As)!!!)
    Can we have the link to the web site from which you have done the copy/paste job?

Alhumdo Lillah, I love the ahl e bayt of Rasool ALlah (sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and of Ali (radhia Allaho anh). I shall not be caught for sinning in this respect.

------------------
    Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

[This message has been edited by FactFinder (edited December 25, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
      Can we have the link to the web site from which you have done the copy/paste job?

Alhumdo Lillah, I love the ahl e bayt of Rasool ALlah (sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and of Ali (radhia Allaho anh). I shall not be caught for sinning in this respect.

i didnto copy or paste from any published website, i got it form a bother who posted in another discussion forum.

as for ahlul bait, i thought u guys even deny the existance of it.

Allah knows the best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iqra_786:
        i didnto copy or paste from any published website, i got it form a bother who posted in another discussion forum.

Allah knows the best!!!
        NO...who says we deny their existance???
        We respect all of them whole heartedly, and we consider them to be the members of the human species!.
        Well anyways...I give this thread another one or two posts before it becomes a bickering argument between shias and sunnis!
        I'm outta here

------------------
        I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.

Comment

Allah knows the best!!!
          The reason I asked is that I do not believe it to be correct. Wallaho aalam!

It coincides with what you have been brought up with, as you have yourself said "as for ahlul bait, i thought u guys even deny the existance of it'. This is an absolute lie. For us Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hssain (radhia Allaho anhum) carry as much respect as any other sahabee or wife of Rasool Allah (sallallaho alaihe wasallam).

Imam Shafi'i was a learned scholar and would never utter such incorrect statements. I think you should ask the source from the brother. Posting incorrect material makes you liable to Allah as you must verify authenticity before posting.

------------------

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by iqra_786:
            -----------------
            If loving the household of Prophet is a sin...
            Then i'll never repent on this sin!
            -----------------
            what?? such arrogance?? never repent?? these words are strong and i dont believe should be uttered by any one....i doubt its authenticity

Comment

Originally posted by DonJuan DeMarco:
              NO...who says we deny their existance???
              We respect all of them whole heartedly, and we consider them to be the members of the human species!.
              Well anyways...I give this thread another one or two posts before it becomes a bickering argument between shias and sunnis!
              I'm outta here

slm bro/sis
              hey I didn’t mean to u, I meant it to ff and his colleges ( the ones who hold wahhbai beliefs which r not recognised by both shia and sunni ulema)!
              Btw why r ya scared of bickering, don’t u think discussion is a good way of learning??
              Is not its good to investigate history/sources form where we take our learning? Is not it good to c wots r the argument and see the story from both sides. I think the arguments r here mostly shia verses wahhabis/salafis ( who r doing taqya under sunni name).

Comment

!

[This message has been edited by iqra_786 (edited December 26, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:

The reason I asked is that I do not believe it to be correct. Wallaho aalam!
                  its up 2 u 2 belive it or not.

It coincides with what you have been brought up with, as you have yourself said "as for ahlul bait, i thought u guys even deny the existance of it'. This is an absolute lie. For us Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hssain (radhia Allaho anhum) carry as much respect as any other sahabee or wife of Rasool Allah (sallallaho alaihe wasallam).
                  I got this ‘absolute lie’ from ur post form the thread called ‘Mehdi’ (in page 2) where u said, “ And the family of the daughter cannot be ahl-e-bayth. The term covers members of the household and could be stretched to the descendents through sons, not daughters.

Imam Shafi'i was a learned scholar and would never utter such incorrect statements. I think you should ask the source from the brother. Posting incorrect material makes you liable to Allah as you must verify authenticity before posting.
                  the sources are given and I have verified as much as I could. Btw u should take ur advice as well verify the website resources u r advertising regarding Mayuwiay.

Comment

slm bro/sis
                    hey I didn’t mean to u, I meant it to ff and his colleges ( the ones who hold wahhbai beliefs which r not recognised by both shia and sunni ulema)!
                    Up to your old shia tricks. Trying your best to reduce the opposition. Then trying to label whoever remains. Finally, trying to muster support from any quarter possible.

I think the arguments r here mostly shia verses wahhabis/salafis ( who r doing taqya under sunni name).
                    Taqiyyah is only in the shia mazhab. As I have previously stated in another post, I doubt the Faith of a person who lies. The Qur'an is very clear about the fate of a qadhf.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FactFinder (edited December 26, 2001).]

Comment

I got this ‘absolute lie’ from ur post form the thread called ‘Mehdi’ (in page 2) where u said, “ And the family of the daughter cannot be ahl-e-bayth.
                      LOL. Try to print both my posts and compare the two. One says "family of the daughter cannot be ahl-e-bayth" and the other says "I love the ahl e bayt of Rasool ALlah (sallallaho alaihe wasallam) AND of Ali (radhia Allaho anh)". See the difference now?
                      the sources are given and I have verified as much as I could. Btw u should take ur advice as well verify the website resources u r advertising regarding Mayuwiay.
                      Your certificate is not sufficient. My source for the one on Amir Muawiyah I can provide any time. All you have to do is ask! It is anti-Wahabi, by the way.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FactFinder (edited December 26, 2001).]

Comment

FF, u r trying to hide behind the words. u seems ot be ignorant of ahlul bait which refers to the household of the propeht (pbuh).

According to most authentic traditions in collections of both Sunni and Shia, Ahlul-Bayt (People of the House) of the Prophet are one of the two most precious Symbols of Islam after the departure of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). There are numerous traditions in the collection of both schools that the Prophet (PBUH&HF) has reminded us to stick to these two weighty things (al-Thaqalain), namely Quran and Ahlul-Bayt, in order not to go astray after him. The Messenger of Allah also informed us that these two weights are non-separable and are with each other till the day of Judgment. This requires us that for understanding the interpretation of Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) we should refer to those who are attached to it, namely Ahlul-Bayt.

Knowing exactly who Ahlul-Bayt are, thus becomes a very vital matter when one considers the above tradition of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) as well as many other traditions which unequivocally state that adherence to Ahlul-Bayt is the only way of salvation. This clearly implies that the one who follows a wrong set of Ahlul-Bayt (!!), will be led astray.

*************QURAN*************
                        The Holy Book of Allah mentions Ahlul-Bayt and their exceptional virtue in the following verse which is known as "Purification Verse" (Ayah al-Tat'hir):

"Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you with a perfect purification". (Quran, the last sentence of Verse 33:33)

It is worth mentioning the sentence of Quran in verse 33:33 which is related to purification of Ahlul-Bayt,

*******Authentic Hadith*******

In Sahih Muslim, there is a chapter named "Chapter of Virtues of the Companions". Inside this chapter, there is a section called "Section of the Virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet". There exists ONLY ONE tradition in this section, and this tradition has no reference to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). The tradition is known as "The Tradition of Cloak/Mantle" (Hadith al-Kisaa), and is as follows:

Narrated Aisha:

One day the Prophet (PBUH&HF) came out afternoon wearing a black cloak (upper garment or gown; long coat), then al-Hasan Ibn Ali came and the Prophet accommodated him under the cloak, then al-Husain came and entered the cloak, then Fatimah came and the Prophet entered her under the cloak, then Ali came and the Prophet entered him to the cloak as well. Then the Prophet recited: "Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a perfect purification (the last sentence of Verse 33:33)."

Sunni reference:
                        Sahih Muslim, Chapter of virtues of companions, section of the virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v4, p1883, Tradition #61.

Sahih Muslim english version pages 1293/1294 hadith number #5955 (these hadith can be checked out online too with online english versions of sahih muslim - ) in Kitab Fadail al-sahaba

One can see that the author of Sahih Muslim confirms that:

1- Imam Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain are the Ahlul-Bayt,

2- The purification sentence in Quran (the last sentence of Verse 33:33) was revealed for the virtue of the above-mentioned individuals, and NOT for the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF).

Another version of the "Tradition of Cloak" is written in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, which is narrated in the authority of Umar Ibn Abi Salama, the son of Umm Salama (another wife of Prophet), which is as follows:

The verse "Verily Allah intends to ... (33:33)" was revealed to the Prophet (PBUH&HF) in the house of Umm Salama. Upon that, the Prophet gathered Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain, and covered them with a cloak, and he also covered Ali who was behind him. Then the Prophet said: "O' Allah! These are the Members of my House (Ahlul-Bayt). Keep them away from every impurity and purify them with a perfect purification." Umm Salama (the wife of Prophet) asked: "Am I also included among them O Apostle of Allah?" the Prophet replied: "You remain in your position and you are toward a good ending."

Sunni reference: Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663

[This message has been edited by iqra_786 (edited December 26, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                        X