Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mr.Sub Haram in Canada or if found anywhere else in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Mr.Sub Haram in Canada or if found anywhere else in the world?

hay guyz just curious if Mr.sub is haram or halal....bccz i was there with my friend and he ordered the vege sub and when the guy started making it b4 he actually put the chese in, he had to bring in the chese i guess it was out of stock hmm so when he brought and when he was about to open the packet of chese i asked the guy if i can read the ingridients and obviously the guy said yes so when i read it had renet in the chese so i dont know wot exactly this renet thing is so someone plz confirm.

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited December 24, 2001).]

Comment

Comment

Rehaan: Its up to you to check. Your responsibility. Each Mr. SUB vendor carries different cheeses. I myself prefer SUBWAY because I know what they put in my cheese.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
        Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Rennin:
          also called CHYMOSIN, protein-digesting enzyme that curdles milk by transforming caseinogen into insoluble casein; it is found only in the fourth stomach of cud-chewing animals, such as cows. Its action extends the period in which milk is retained in the stomach of the young animal. In animals that lack rennin, milk is coagulated by the action of pepsin (q.v.), as is the case in humans. A commercial form of rennin, rennet, is used in manufacturing cheese and preparing junket.
          Copyright 1994-1998 Encyclopaedia Britannica

rennet

1 a : the contents of the stomach of an unweaned animal and esp. a calf
          b : the lining membrane of a stomach or one of its compartments (as the fourth of a ruminant) used for curdling milk; also : a preparation of the stomach of animals used for this purpose
          2 a : RENNIN
          b : a substitute for rennin
          _
          1997, 1996 Zane Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

Visit http://www.geocities.com/zcdeen/islam009.htm

Under mentioned a Partial list of Haram ingredients that can be mixed with food manufactured by Non-Muslims and some Muslims in ignorance.

Bacon - A side of a pig meant (pork) after removal of the spare ribs and after being cured dry or pickled and smoked.

Cholesterol - A type of fat always of animal origin, it should be suspected till the source is known, If extracted from Zabiha animal, it is halal, if not it becomes haram.

Diglyceride - Emulsifier , if of animal origin it should be suspected till the animal source is known and if of plant origin, it is automatically halal

Gelatin ( Jello Gelatine) - Usually of animal origin, mostly from hog (pig) if gelatin sources are from plants than it is halal. A Malaysian company is now producing Halal gelatin. check out their website at Halalgel.com

Glycerol ( Glycerine) , Glyceryl -Stearate - It could be of animal , plant or synthetic origin, if animal source is used it is haram.

Hormones - Usually animal hormones are used for human beings. One has to find the source before passing judgment.

Lard - Fat from the swine, particularly found in the abdominal cavity. This is totally haram for Muslims.

Mono Glycerides - if of animal origin, one has to suspect its use.

Pepsin - A digestive enzyme of the gastric juices usually extracted from hog's stomach. Usually not labeled.

Rennin ( Rennet) - A protein enzyme used in the preparation of cheeses for curdling the milk. Usually not labeled .

Shortening : Animal Shortening - Fats and oils of animal origin

Lard Shortening - A purified internal fat from the abdomen of the hog.

Vegetable shortening - Fats and oils of plant origin. As long as the word "pure" or 100% is not used with vegetable shortening, there is no guarantee that animal fats are added to the extent of 5-15%.

Above list published by the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America, P.O.Box 25407, Chicago, IL 60625, USA.

Comment

Working...
          X